Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Armagh Exile

QuoteThere will be one next year, it is to be raised at the next county meeting.
Glad to see you will be doing something constructive Corn.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: under the bar on March 28, 2008, 11:34:19 AM
QuoteYou never came back to us with your bankruptcy candidate UTB?

To name him on a public forum would be tantamount to libel, however I've since spoken a businessman who was asked if he would purchase some of his properties to help bail him out, so it seems to be true.

So what are you talking about it for?  Seems to me you're enjoying the misfortune of another as if gives you the chance to gossip like an oul woman. 
I couldn't give a f**k who it is but, whoever it is, good luck to them and hopefully they'll sort it out. 

winsam
QuoteLegs if you were standing beside te cullyhanna lads then you would have seen the clans guys stading with the silverbridge team?Huh It would serve me no favours to make something like this up. I heard it, you didn't but this doesn't mean it didn't happen. Like the incident the ref doesn't see but the crowd do, point being it still happened .
On the yearbook i also got one of them in 2002 but like yourself i think it was only for the All Ireland .
You mean it actually happened?  :D
I thought illdecide was stirring the shit. 
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

corn02

Jesus Exile did I rattle your cage in another thread or something?|

asitis

I think pints has got it spot on. What the f**k has it got with this forum that a former player has some probs at work.There are some rare shit heads about.

Uladh

From the club rivalries thread...

What sort of solution would you be offering? there are a larger than ever number of coaches from within your club do great work outside of your club.

charlie stubbs

Silverbridge  St. Michaels  Silverbridge 06/04/2008 14:00 TBC   
Tir Na nOg  Sarsfields  Tir Na Nog 06/04/2008 14:00 TBC   
Whitecross  Granemore  Whitecross 06/04/2008 14:00 TBC   
Ballymacnab  Carrickcruppin  Ballymacnab 06/04/2008 14:00 TBC   
Clann Eireann  Keady  Clann Eireann 06/04/2008 14:00 TBC   
An Port Mor  Wolfe Tones  An port mor 06/04/2008 14:00 TBC   

Firs round of fixtures for division 2.

Bridge v newtown  2 teams that will hope to be involved in the promotion battle.  newtown must start better as a bad start hindered their progress this year.  oroures admission from the county squad will benefit their chances. bridge must be less jeckyll and hyde will have to contend with the permanent loss of conlon(??).
Home advantage to help bridge prevail by minimum

Tirnanog v sarsfields 1 team down 1 team up.  on paper the portadown side must be fancied but alot will depend on the attitude new man adian farell has instilled in them.  the trasna outfit are likely to struggle and will gain most of their points on their own patch.  tirnanog by 3

whitecross v granemore whitecross will feel they should be in the first division and must get over this setback immediately if they are to achieve their aim of promotion.  they will be very hard to beat especially in their own backyard.  granemore will miss the influence of mcclelland in central issues.  cross by 4

nab v cruppen cruppen will be backboned by their county winning under 21 team and can draw great heart from their cship run last year.  keenan's omission from the county senior panel will help their chances, while thnab may be hindered by the loss of the man who may have replaced him brendan mccone.  Cruppen by 5

clann eireann v keady eireann lost nine on the bounce at the end of last year and must get an early pyschological win here.  the form of the inigma that is ryan henderson will have a big bearing on their season.  Keady are traditionally bad travellers and dont see that changing here.  Eireann by 4, both to struggle

anportmor v tones portmor will be most peoples favourites for the drop, though their pitch it tight and difficult to get a result at.  tones with a new man at the helm miceal magill (down all ireland winner) can hope to get some momentum from a favourable start to the campaign(nab and clann eireann to follow), though their home form must improve if this to be achieved.  tones by the minimum

Promoted: Cruppen/Whitecross

Relegated: keady/anport mor

Promotion push: newtown/tirnanog/bridge

mid table: tones/granemore

strugglers: srsfields/nab/clann eireann

any thoughts lads??

pintsofguinness

Quotebridge must be less jeckyll and hyde will have to contend with the permanent loss of conlon(??).

What's to contend with?  ::) This will be second year without him and there's no lack of scoring forward talent, and won't be for the next 10-15 years.

charlie stubbs

any team in division 2 could do with him.  he was your main score getter.  i thought he was with yas last year for a bit was just saying it be interesting to see how yas cope without him for the full season.  yous are liable to beat cruppen and whitecross then lost to anport mor and keady

pintsofguinness

Quote from: charlie stubbs on March 29, 2008, 03:37:36 PM
any team in division 2 could do with him.  he was your main score getter.  i thought he was with yas last year for a bit was just saying it be interesting to see how yas cope without him for the full season.  yous are liable to beat cruppen and whitecross then lost to anport mor and keady

I think we'd only 4 games in the league played last year when he left and as far I can recall he only played one full game of those four (Keady in the bridge I think), came on late against St Peters, substitued against St. pats - didn't play at all against Tones as he was with the county. 
He was the highest scorer the year before and you  might have a point if scoring forwards were a problem for us but it's not.
The 'bridge usually can line out with 6 scoring forwards, McAvoy scores plenty from Midfield - Hamill showing already this year that he can do the same and both Reel and Bellew (half backs) capable of taking a few points - there is absoloutely no reason scores should be a problem for us and we can have no excuse if it is.

Quoteyous are liable to beat cruppen and whitecross then lost to anport mor and keady
Yeah I agree with that, consistency has been a problem although we weren't too bad last year for that with the obvious exception being Championship. 

I agree with your assessment that Cruppen and Whitecross are favourite to go up but if the 'bridge get a break with injuries we should go up, still a very young team but more than capable of it at this stage and if it had not been for a nightmare with injuries last year probably would have.

myhairyarses

Played friendly today against as team from Armagh, Tullysarn (i think thats how you spell it). What would they be like? Our reserves played them and beat them by 1point. They were beating us well at halftime but they had a gale force wind, which we had in the 2nd half. I thought they were average enough with a handful of handy players and a 7ft monster standing in full-forward!

Fella marking me reckoned they were pushing to win the championship this year, and that they should win it

tyroneboi

who is managing tullysaran this year?

Smokin Joe

Quote from: myhairyarses on March 29, 2008, 10:02:17 PM
Played friendly today against as team from Armagh, Tullysarn (i think thats how you spell it). What would they be like? Our reserves played them and beat them by 1point. They were beating us well at halftime but they had a gale force wind, which we had in the 2nd half. I thought they were average enough with a handful of handy players and a 7ft monster standing in full-forward!

Fella marking me reckoned they were pushing to win the championship this year, and that they should win it

Tullysaran are a division 3 team, and have never won a championship (at least not in the current Junior, Intermediate and Senior structure in Armagh). 
Should be one of the better teams in the Armagh junior championship this year.

myhairyarses

Tyroneboi, found out last nite Tullysarn are being managed by a boy Quinn from Moortown, played a bit for Moortown, he applied for the Moortown managers job and they wouldnt even interview him, as hes a bit of a header (slaphead was the exact word that was used), and he goes and lands the club in Armagh. More dollars than sense Im told. ;)

Smokey Joe, I believe 1 of their players that played against us was Armagh minor captain last year, and colleges all-star.

Must keep an eye on irish news to see how they get on in their league/championship

pats-mc

Any word will todays debacle in cross affect the club fixtures next week-end. Armagh are now due to play Meat h on sat in Navan dublin the following wed and cork on the twelth of April meaning three games in eight days. Will the opening two rounds of the league be cancelled. ???

pintsofguinness

Quote from: pats-mc on March 30, 2008, 09:19:53 PM
Any word will todays debacle in cross affect the club fixtures next week-end. Armagh are now due to play Meat h on sat in Navan dublin the following wed and cork on the twelth of April meaning three games in eight days. Will the opening two rounds of the league be cancelled. ???

I don't see why they would be cancelled.