Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Uladh

Think that makes 10 players from the county champions on the senior panel now

winsamsoon

Correct murtagh was given a straight red and he then went off which meant cross should have been down to 6 men. But they continued to play with 7 and scored their second goal with seven men on the field. The official umpires, linesmen and of course the clown in the middle failed to notice this. By the time they did the cross guy had crept back of the field and they had 6. Clans had 6 aswell as they had a player sent of in the same incident for striking. So Cross had a man sent of and still had a one man advantage for 2 to 3 minutes. Scoring a crucual goal. That said they were the better side. Donaldson also got player of the tournament for his usual fouling all day session.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

Uladh

which fine, upstanding gent was officiating?

goh4205

I was at the 7's on Saturday and seen every game, apart from the Mullaghbawn/Ballymacnab game. I was right beside the Murtagh incident and to be fair he slammed the ball home from close range which the Clans keeper tried to dive at his feet, now weather Murtagh's boot caught him by accident or not I'm not sure, but there didn't seem to be any deliberate intention on Murtagh's behalf, there was a few words of verbal & the Clans keeper downed him. 

This all started in the first game when a clans player for no reason that i could see busted Tony Kernan of the ball, so I guess it was simmering from then.
The Ref was poor I have to admit, but he could have so easily sent off a few more, notably Marsden he was slapping McKeown anytime he got a chance & to be fair to McKeown he held his head & got on with it.  One thing I did notice though was that Marsden didn't happen to come back after Donal Murtagh had a go at him at a sideline ball & another when Donaldson clearly caught him with an upper cut, but I guess if it would have been anyone else he would having been looking to box, but for some reason he seemed to accept it from the 2 mentioned above (Perhaps he'd have been bitting off more than he could chew with any of these 2).

Barry O'Hagan is still a class player and should still be playing with Armagh.

anportmorforjfc

does anyone know are the minor club fixtures made yet?

brokencrossbar1

Nice for the lads to win a 7's tournament.  It was always a game that the likes of the Clanns were better than us at because of their style of football so to beat them in the final madfe it even sweeter ;D

Whatever people say about John D it is amazing that a man who has so many miles on his legs like he has can win player of the Tournament at 7's.  Winsamsoon, there have been a fair few "rough" players in clanns, Bumpy and Kevin being good examples.  Get over it!  I would say that of all players on show that JD annd Bumpy would have been a step above the rest in terms of ability at that level.

illdecide

Lads there were a few incidents but thats football, if someone gets a slap on the chin "so what" dust yourself down man and get on with it. Cross won the tournament and deservedly so. The incident that Winsam talks about def happened but there you go sometimes they go against you and sometimes they go against you ;) The ref was an Ogs man can't remember his name but not Mr McKee ;)

J Murtagh def kicked the Clans keeper and got biffed for his troubles (although J Murtagh got punched by a 11 stone guy but went down like Winsam had hit him :D :D) in fairness both men got the line and rightly so. All in all it was a good day and well run just a pity it was Baltic (still haven't thawed out)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

winsamsoon

I don't think JD ws the best player on show i though Aaron Kernan was actually the best on show that day. BRoken there is a difference in "Rough" players and dirty hallions. That man Donaldson is a danger on the field. He is hitting on the ball and off the ball and i am surprised he hasn't broke someone jaw or worse. Goh you also failed to mention that MC Geown was hanging out of diarmuid like a Jockey on a horse and the ref was giving him no protection at all, So when the ref ain't giving you it you must protect yourself. Also Murtagh threw a sneeky dig at marsden when he went out to get the ball for a sideline kick but then again Murtagh was another hallion. The best craic of the day though was when the Cullyhanna lads were arriving the Silverbridge lads were standing at the clubhouse and a well known Cullyhanna lad roared "theres those Silverbridge gypsies" Brought back all the old arguments from the board. :D :D :D

corn02

Lads, can anyone tell me does the county board produce an annual yearbook?

doire na raithe

sounds like your doing some sort of research/coursework there corn?

corn02

No just a general wonderment, I was flicking through the Down book recently. Shame Armagh have nothing similar.

Armagh Exile

QuoteNo just a general wonderment, I was flicking through the Down book recently. Shame Armagh have nothing similar.

Corn, if you already know the answer why are you asking?

winsamsoon

I think corn was just supposing there is nothing similar because he never received any replies telling him there was one. Once again this doesn't warrant a personal attack on him for asking a GAA question on a GAA board. For the record corn i know of no such book in Armagh but i agree it would be a good idea.

Uladh

I can't be sure but think there might have been one for a few years i the 90s?

Armagh Exile

Wins,
What personal attack are you talking about?