Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gaapunter

Quote from: illdecide on March 14, 2008, 09:23:37 AM
Lads the South Armagh men might not know it but Eugene Creaney is a tube and knows little about Gaelic football, how that man actually gets a salary for writing for the Lurgan Mail is beyond me. Majority of the guys around Lurgan know he's a plank and take whatever he says with a pinch of salt (if you read his articles you have too)

As for the Lurgan support for Armagh there are still plenty of Armagh fans around the town. However, the interest in some have dwindled and that goes for me as well and it's only natural when you had 2 club men on the team for years then they retire and you don't know any of the guys on the team it doesn't have the same appeal. Don't get me wrong i haven't missed a championship match since 97 but the last few years i have noticed the interest slipping ever so slightly, maybe it's down to having a bigger interest in the club as well...(Feck i need to stop, it's starting to feel like an autobiography :D)

Armagh football is in total disoray with them scum cross dominating beacuse the county board is up there ass- the clans has a few men who would and should walk n that so called county tem

i hope the scum go down to division far who cares!!

illdecide

Quote from: gaapunter on March 14, 2008, 01:59:08 PM
Quote from: illdecide on March 14, 2008, 09:23:37 AM
Lads the South Armagh men might not know it but Eugene Creaney is a tube and knows little about Gaelic football, how that man actually gets a salary for writing for the Lurgan Mail is beyond me. Majority of the guys around Lurgan know he's a plank and take whatever he says with a pinch of salt (if you read his articles you have too)

As for the Lurgan support for Armagh there are still plenty of Armagh fans around the town. However, the interest in some have dwindled and that goes for me as well and it's only natural when you had 2 club men on the team for years then they retire and you don't know any of the guys on the team it doesn't have the same appeal. Don't get me wrong i haven't missed a championship match since 97 but the last few years i have noticed the interest slipping ever so slightly, maybe it's down to having a bigger interest in the club as well...(Feck i need to stop, it's starting to feel like an autobiography :D)

Armagh football is in total disoray with them scum cross dominating beacuse the county board is up there ass- the clans has a few men who would and should walk n that so called county tem

gaapunter are you on drugs ???if not you should be
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

qub la la la

Quote from: gaapunter on March 14, 2008, 01:59:08 PM

cross dominate because they are a superior team to any other the county has to offer. With ten on the u21 panel there dominance is set to continue for another while. the county board have little to do with the development on the cross under age players asusually lads from cross do not turn out for development squads.

Quote from: Donagh on March 13, 2008, 08:31:30 PM
Enda McNulty may not be fully fit.

When was he???

Quote from: pintsofguinness on March 12, 2008, 01:33:53 PM
You may go back to your reliable source Qub!

source is definately reliable. at the minute its the same as last year but it doesnt sound like its to continue that way for much longer.

umpire

Sunday 16th March. In Crossmaglen
Armagh V Roscommon

C.McKinney;
Barry Shannon   Brendan Donaghy    Fintan Moriarty;
Ciaran McKeever    Aidan O'Rourke    Aaron Kernan;
Kieran Toner Gareth Swift
Stephen Kernan   Martin O'Rourke   Paul Courtney
Stephen McDonnell Ronan Clarke    Tony Kernan;

2 Mins
Roscommon p
Armagh 0.0 Roscommon 0.1
4 Mins
Stephen McDonnell free
Armagh 0.1 Roscommon 0.1
6 Mins
Tony Kernan
Armagh 0.2 Roscommon 0.1
11 Mins
Stephen McDonnell Goal
Armagh 1.2 Roscommon 0.1
12 Mins
Roscommon p
Armagh 1.2 Roscommon 0.2
13 Mins
Stephen McDonnell P
Armagh 1.3 Roscommon 0.2
14 Mins
Roscommon p
Armagh 1.3 Roscommon 0.3
21 Mins
Roscommon p
Armagh 1.3 Roscommon 0.4
22 Mins
Stephen McDonnell free p
Armagh 1.4 Roscommon 0.4
24 Mins
Ronan Clarke p
Armagh 1.5 Roscommon 0.4
25 Mins
Roscommon P
Armagh 1.5 Roscommon 0.5
27 Mins
Yellow cards Francis Dolan & Fintan Moriarty
32 Mins
Stephen McDonnell P
Armagh 1.6 Roscommon 0.5
33 Mins
Stephen McDonnell P
Armagh 1.7 Roscommon 0.5
34 Mins
Stephen McDonnell P
Armagh 1.8 Roscommon 0.5
2 Mins in injury time
Aaron Kernan P
Armagh 1.9 Roscommon 0.5

Half time
Armagh 1.9 Roscommon 0.5

Second half
5 Mins
Aaron Kernan p
Armagh 1.10 Roscommon 0.5
6 Mins
Roscommon P
Armagh 1.10 Roscommon 0.6
7 Mins
Ronan Clarke p
Armagh 1.11 Roscommon 0.6
10 Mins
Stephen McDonnell P
Armagh 1.12 Roscommon 0.6
13 Mins
Tony Kernan free P
Armagh 1.13 Roscommon 0.6
16 Mins
Ciaran McKeever P
Armagh 1.14 Roscommon 0.6
17 Mins
Sub Francis Bellew replaced Fintan Moriarty
18 Mins
Roscommon P
Armagh 1.14 Roscommon 0.7
19 Mins
Gareth Swift P
Armagh 1.15 Roscommon 0.7
20 Mins
Paul Courtney P
Armagh 1.16 Roscommon 0.7
20 Mins
Sub O. McConville for Tony Kernan
22 Mins
O. McConville p
Armagh 1.17 Roscommon 0.7
22 Mins
Sub Brian Mallon for Paul Courtney
23 Mins
Stephen McDonnell Goal
Armagh 2.17 Roscommon 0.7
23 Mins
Brian Mallon Goal
Armagh 3.17 Roscommon 0.7
25 Mins
Roscommon p
Armagh 3.17 Roscommon 0.8
25 Mins
David McKenna, Malachy Mackin James Laverty are on
28 Mins
Stephen McDonnell P
Armagh 3.18 Roscommon 0.8
29 Mins
Aaron Kernan P
Armagh 3.19 Roscommon 0.8
30 Mins
Ronan Clarke Goal
Armagh 4.19 Roscommon 0.8
33 Mins
Armagh p   (don't know)
Armagh 4.20 Roscommon 0.8
Full time

qub la la la

what is the point of last post??? why bother? and mal mackin did not feature.

anyway, good result and a few lads looked back to form. mcdonnell was brilliant as was clarke. mckeever excelled as captain today, he capped off a great display witha great score and eve cut out all the usual oul dirty shite. full back line didnt have much to do. thought swift had a good first half. good to see a few old heads back along with the young lads.

but lets not get carried away, roscommon are absolutly brutal, the worst intercounty display i think ive ever seen. the scoreboard read like an all ireland hurling quarter final involving antrim!!

seen paul caffrey scouting, will be a totally different game next time out..

Our Nail Loney

U at the match QUB? How midfield go?

qub la la la

Quote from: Our Nail Loney on March 16, 2008, 05:31:09 PM
U at the match QUB? How midfield go?

yea, midfield played well, swift and toner worked hard, and had loads of support from the break ball winners. but lets be realistic, there was no dara o se's on display

qub la la la

also in response to that long winded run down of the match. ronan clarke did not score a goal, mcdonnell got all three. if your gonna write such a detailed match report you'd think you'd get it right!

Uladh

Armagh scored 4 goals... mallon getting one.

Good performance against rubbish opposition. i hope the lads keep the heads after that... dublin will be lying wait. i actually hate days like that when they stuff opposition that basically didn't show up and people will start fawning over the performance. roscommon still had to be beat and the job was done well.

Our Nail Loney

QUB stop acting the bollix slagging off Umpire, he was only trying to let us know how the match was going, was better than gettin a score update every fifteen mins or so with no points scorers etc.

Ban qub la la la if you ask me!!!

Mhic Easmuint

Full details and you your ticket online at: http://antrim.gaa.ie/saffron-sweep-2008/

Feel free to ask questions on the main thread.

illdecide

Well lads any club games at the weekend to report? Would love to see the Armagh v Dublin game in a fortnight but we have a game that day... >:(
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Uladh

The league does't start til the week after ID?

winsamsoon

Correct uladh my friend who's always watching and analyses every word.  :D But on this occassion you have shot yourself in the foot. You see ID as you call him just said we had a match!!!!!!!! No mention of the league. A MR Pat Mc Mahon cup game against the mighty men from the Wolfe Tones.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

Uladh

winsam. i really do wonder why you bother.

ID - surely a man wth your connections could rearrange the starting time of a nothing game like that to support your county?