Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BenDover

Quote from: IVEDECIDED on March 12, 2008, 11:07:16 AM
I hope the Ogs dont get a manager and as a result ten of their senior team decide not to play and head to the states! NICE! :D ;D ;)

WTF is this all about??
The Ogs have the same management setup as last year!

Goats Do Shave

I was wondering - i'd heard Clarke & Houlie were still in charge!

pintsofguinness

You may go back to your reliable source Qub!

Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

el_cuervo_fc

Quote from: Goats Do Shave on March 12, 2008, 01:30:56 PM

well if they're not, I wonder who was making me do them horrible drills last night  >:( :( ???

gaapunter

Quote from: el_cuervo_fc on March 13, 2008, 01:19:40 PM
Quote from: Goats Do Shave on March 12, 2008, 01:30:56 PM

well if they're not, I wonder who was making me do them horrible drills last night  >:( :( ???

hardly matter lads they are still a poor team who will do feck all the year

winsamsoon

don't know what drills you guys are doing. They Make trainings days drag when all you can think about is the vomitting that night :D :D
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

Donagh

This seems more suitable for this thread. Eugene Creaney is grumbling about the amount of Cross men on the panel again. I'm not surprised he doesn't put his name to it:
Edit: just noticed he kind of does...

WIN NEEDED BY ARMAGH

By Staff reporter
ARMAGH manager Peter McDonnell has increased the number of Crossmaglen players on the Armagh panel to nine following the recent introduction of Paul Kernan, Brendan McKeown and David McKenna, writes Eugene Creaney.
The new trio will be joined by Ulster's all time top scorer Oisin McConville, Francie Bellew, Aaron Kernan, Steven Kernan, Tony Kernan and goalkeeper Paul Hearty.

The recent news comes at a time when Lurgan clubs are struggling to gain recognition on county squads.

Clan na Gael's Ronan Austin is currently recovering from a broken ankle, Sarsfields player Paul McGaughey who made a brief appearance in the McKenna Cup would be expected to start in Armagh's under 21 championship game against either Monaghan or Donegal next Saturday week.

In the modern era only the most unconditionally loyal Lurgan fans feel a total commitment to the Armagh team with many seeing the situation like watching the Ireland Rugby team without any Ulster players.

Another club highly represented on the Armagh squad are Pearse Og who have seven representatives.

Armagh host Roscommon on Sunday at Crossmaglen and a win could ease Peter McDonnell's team's relegation worries, which were increased in an unlucky defeat against Monaghan last time out.

Armagh this week are expected to appeal Paul McGrane's red card which the Ballyhegan player received against Monaghan, but in his absence several midfielders could come into the running, Paul Courtney, James Lavery, Gareth O'Neill and Granemore's Kieran Toner may all push for places.

Steven McDonnell should be fit for Sunday but Andy Mallon is still carrying a shoulder injury and Enda McNulty may not be fully fit. Charlie Vernon is also out and currently Philip Loughran is being treated for a back injury.

Armagh should win but it could be close

pintsofguinness

QuoteIn the modern era only the most unconditionally loyal Lurgan fans feel a total commitment to the Armagh team
Is this true?
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Donagh

Quote from: pintsofguinness on March 13, 2008, 08:34:42 PM
Is this true?

Ach there's always been a bit of moaning, but probably not as bad on our side of the town because we had Diarmuid and Bumpy there and now Austin and Moriarty from down road a bit. In reality, it would take an "unconditionally loyal" Lurgan club man to come up with better panelists from the town than Cavanan, McAlinden  and Kernan managed. In saying that there's a few of them knocking about Davitt Park.

As an aside, it's funny how memories fade. I was talking to a couple of wee lasses the other day, one from your neck of the woods and the other from I think Derrynoose who's a panelist with the uni freshers with hopes of making the county – both had never heard of the two Lurgan men with AI medals, but significantly they knew of the Ashburn Hotel.

crossfire

Armagh Seniors and under 21's trained together on Tuesday night and Cross had 16 players there in total.
Don't tell Eugene Creaney !!!!

illdecide

Lads the South Armagh men might not know it but Eugene Creaney is a tube and knows little about Gaelic football, how that man actually gets a salary for writing for the Lurgan Mail is beyond me. Majority of the guys around Lurgan know he's a plank and take whatever he says with a pinch of salt (if you read his articles you have too)

As for the Lurgan support for Armagh there are still plenty of Armagh fans around the town. However, the interest in some have dwindled and that goes for me as well and it's only natural when you had 2 club men on the team for years then they retire and you don't know any of the guys on the team it doesn't have the same appeal. Don't get me wrong i haven't missed a championship match since 97 but the last few years i have noticed the interest slipping ever so slightly, maybe it's down to having a bigger interest in the club as well...(Feck i need to stop, it's starting to feel like an autobiography :D)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Donagh

With all them Cross men on county duty, I take it you're confident of putting up a better performance again them in the league than last year illdecide?

illdecide

Quote from: Donagh on March 14, 2008, 09:30:54 AM
With all them Cross men on county duty, I take it you're confident of putting up a better performance again them in the league than last year illdecide?

Well Donagh we can't do any worse ;) It should be a good tight game though and i'm really looking forward to it.

Uladh

Are you still playing ildecide?

illdecide

Quote from: Uladh on March 14, 2008, 11:05:13 AM
Are you still playing ildecide?

Sort off?? I havent' stripped out yet this year but hope to start serious training next week and hopefully after 4-6 weeks i'll be available for selection. (getting picked is another thing ;))