Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trueblue

Quote from: lurganblue on January 03, 2007, 02:53:54 PM
Quote from: illdecide on January 03, 2007, 01:47:27 PM
I see there is a load of North Armagh boys included again (not) Maybe Joe is to lazy to drive in that direction :P

i'm suprised at this too as i thought a few lads up here might have got a run out for a weak armagh team. obviously not though

who in your opinion from north armagh would be worthy of a run out? its not terribly surprising 2 see no  new north armagh players included but would be nice if a few were to stake a claim for selection

BenDover

Do you not think Barry McDonald from Tir na nOg deserves a chance to stake a claim?

trueblue

is he the lad who was in the u21 team that won the all ireland? he was a brave good player then i havent seen him playing since so i wouldnt really know what way he has progressed since then. who else from down there would be good enough in peoples opinions?

BenDover

Yea he started on that U21 team and as far as I know he's been their POTY for a couple of seasons now

lurganblue

barry mcdonald probably would be worth a try.
is ryan henderson playing for UUJ?
ronan austin was very good in the mckenna cup a few years ago.
dwyer mc alindon was called up to the team last year but didnt get a run out because of injury. should he get an opportunity this year?
i'm sure there are more  ;)

i'm not saying these lads are good enough to play for armagh in the championship but surely they are good enough for a run out in the mckenna cup, especially after looking at that squad.

trueblue

yeah them 4 lads prob would be worth looking at i was just looking thew that list of players for the mc kenna cup there and there is about 10-12 of them were u21 last year,wereas them boys u have named would be a bit older seems to be that joe is really going with boys just out of minor and u21 dont know how good of a tactic this is.

no dont think henderson is a student any more

BenDover

Quote from: lurganblue on January 03, 2007, 04:02:03 PM
barry mcdonald probably would be worth a try.
is ryan henderson playing for UUJ?
ronan austin was very good in the mckenna cup a few years ago.
dwyer mc alindon was called up to the team last year but didnt get a run out because of injury. should he get an opportunity this year?

I think these 4 boys would be worth trying out, was Austin not on the panel last year? And because of Andy's obvious omission  ::) ::) ::) Dwyer could play corner back until Andy is ready to show his face again lol!

illdecide

I think only one of those four mentioned deserve a chance and thats Dwyer McAlinden as he is untried at county level and def has the potential if he can get fit. McDonald is a good club player but def not county material. Henderson plays with wing mirrors and a yellow streak. Austie on his day is as good as anyone in the county, but not consistant enough.

But if i be really honest nobody springs to mind and that's the problem. But i have to say that there are a very good bunch of players around the U16 to minor age around the town and i hope its only a matter of time before we see a few of them wearing the orange and white.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Imposerous

Thought Joe Quigley of Armagh Harps may have gotten a call-up to that squad - he did last year.  Reliable free taker, but lacks a bit of pace.

Spiritof98

I'll go back if Marsdens back

Imposerous

Spirit, I take it you are related to Joe?  Is he injured or has he been passed over.  I thought he fared pretty well against Fermanagh last year and would benefit from having better players around him.

pintsofguinness

QuoteCiaran McKinney (Pearse Og), Alan Hearty (Crossmaglen), B Donaghy (Clonmore), JP Donnelly (Harps), Paul Duffy (Pearse Og), Stephan Forker (Maghery), Philip Loughran (CladaĆ­), Tony McClelland (Granemore), G McCreesh (?), P McCreesh (?), Stephen McDonnell (Killeavey), Kieran McGeeney (Na Fianna), Paul McGrane (Ballyhegan), Ciaran McKeever (St Patrick's), Paddy McKeever (Ballyhegan), Enda McNulty (Ballyboden), Malachy Mackin (St Patrick's), Ciaran Toner (Granemore), Martin O'Rourke (Dromintee), Gareth Swift (Harps), Peader Toal (Harps), Martin Ferris (Carrickcruppen), Neil McSherry (Whitecross), Kevin O'Rourke (St Michael's).
Is Alan Hearty even the second choice keeper in cross?  He wasn't even named on the panel for the county final, was he injured or something? I wouldn't have him near the county panel, but he's a cross man  ::)
Speaking of bias, no Stephen Kernan? (Edit, just noticed Alan Hearty only cross player I assume rest of them are taking a break?)
Stephan Forker is down to play for his Uni. 

QuoteI see there is a load of North Armagh boys included again (not) Maybe Joe is to lazy to drive in that direction
Well if he won't drive a few mile out the road to the Bridge you couldn't expect him to head to Lurgan or somewhere.

Sniper
QuoteToal included yet again, wont play for Harps, cost Armagh U21 ulster title last year
Seriously, what is that about? Is it not as plain as day that the lad doesn't have the attitude?
And before you start spirit, don't you think that we're entitled to question his inclusion? 
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

holylandsniper

QuoteSpeaking of bias, no Stephen Kernan?
Pints he probaly isnt included because of club commitments, which answers your first question, obviously he isnt needed for club, i think im rite in saying he played for Cross Bs all last year

pintsofguinness

Just copped that on alright sniper, and the county has the cross B team keeper? Remember this is the same lad that took McKinney's place when he opted out of a few games last year.  You wouldnt know whether to laugh or pull your hair out.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

David McKeown

I know I mentioned it before but it kind of got lost in my Andrew Mallon comment, but what about Shane Smyth.  Was in the panel in 2002 and was only dropped in 2003 to have surgery for a knee injury, hasnt been back in the panel since but had a good year with Annaghmore this year as they came out of division 3
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner