Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pintsofguinness

Quote from: corn02 on February 28, 2008, 03:42:29 PM
Preparations are well underway now for the first Armagh sevens tournament, to be held at the club on Easter Saturday, 22nd March. We hope to have 16-20 teams taking part, on our two main fields and in Meigh. The initial invite has gone to the top two divisions in Armagh, and depending on uptake, we may widen our base to other clubs in the region. The club will be open on the day, and we're hoping for a great days craic and a good and meaningful competition to add to the Armagh football calendar. The tournament has been endorsed by the county board, and official referees will be present!! So make sure you're there to help or just enjoy your day out. 

Off Killeavy site.

There's a rally (a real one - not the Cross and Cullyhanna ones) through the Silverbridge regions of Coronagh and Glassdrummond Easter saturday too - I don't know what to go to!
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

gaapunter

Quote from: winsamsoon on February 28, 2008, 03:25:20 PM
I heard we were entering that the year but obviously not according to corns post.

|winsamsoon the clans are in this sevens tournment - there was an admin error- revised groups will be posted today- with one one of the dirt temas i.e st peters or the sarsfields making way for the blue army

lurganblue

Quote from: gaapunter on February 29, 2008, 08:50:00 AM
Quote from: winsamsoon on February 28, 2008, 03:25:20 PM
I heard we were entering that the year but obviously not according to corns post.

|winsamsoon the clans are in this sevens tournment - there was an admin error- revised groups will be posted today- with one one of the dirt temas i.e st peters or the sarsfields making way for the blue army

lol  :D
i vote to kick the flower bags out!

corn02

Team for Sunday

McKinney
Enda Donaghy Moriarty
Kernan O;'Rourke McKeever
   Mackin McGrane
Courtney O'Rourke S Kernan
McDonnell Clarke T Kernan

Uladh

Quote from: corn02 on February 29, 2008, 11:24:19 AM
Team for Sunday

McKinney
Enda Donaghy Moriarty
Kernan O;'Rourke McKeever
   Mackin McGrane
Courtney O'Rourke S Kernan
McDonnell Clarke T Kernan

Come on pints...

brokencrossbar1

In fairness to the selectors everyone on the panel deserves their chance.  I know Mackin had chances before but the new manager deserves the right to try something new. 

When fit I think Vernon in MF with McGrane would give it good balance, keep Courtney there as a wing forward/extra fielder in the middle.  O Rourke and SK can interchange along the line.  Mallon into FB line with probably Moriarty stepping down and toss up between the keepers as I would feel happy with either of them and that is fairly close to C'ship side.

Goats Do Shave

James Lavery must be well off the pace in training.

I really thought he would be McGrane's midfield partner this year!

corn02

Uladh stated in the other thead on the main page that the back line is suspect and I have to agree. For many years the full back line has been one of Armagh's best I know Mallon has yet to return but there seems to be a short supply of people who can come into the full-back line. Perosnaly for Sunday I would of liked to have seen McKeever drop back in place of Moriarty and Shannon given a chance on the wing.

I staed before on this thread that McKeever could be perfect for corner back especially if McNulty does not lose them Christmas pounds. I know everyone will ridicule this due to his utstanding performances in the half-back line but I think half back is a line we are very strong in and with Kernan, Duffy, O'Rourke, Shannon and Vernon all good people for that line, I feel we can sacrafice McKeever.

IVEDECIDED

BK1 - O'ROURKE AND SK CAN INTERCHANGE ALONG THE BACK END OF MY * :'( :-*K! - THEY ARE BOTH CRAP!!!!!

corn02

IVEDECIDED, O'Rourke has been Armagh's best forward in the two games to date while S Kernan is starting to prove both me and many others on this form wrong with some good performances. So I can not undersdtand your comments, would you care to elaborate?

Sandy Hill

Quote from: corn02 on February 29, 2008, 12:34:03 PM
IVEDECIDED, O'Rourke has been Armagh's best forward in the two games to date while S Kernan is starting to prove both me and many others on this form wrong with some good performances. So I can not undersdtand your comments, would you care to elaborate?
Corn, agree with you about M O'Rourke and while SK is skillful, I'm not sure he can win hard breaking ball which he would need to do.
"Stercus accidit"

corn02

But he can take a score. I have been one of his biggest critics but he is certainly not as bad as I first thought. I still believe he is well off championship pace and I would easily have Mallon ahead of him, I do believe he deserves a chance since he has done so well against Cavan. Remember Kernan is coming off  a years solid training and is probably as fit as anyone on the team at present. Probably a bit sore ,in more ways than one, after Sunday but with his fitness on high he will probably be our topscorer form play on Sunday.

Nimbus

Quote from: corn02 on February 29, 2008, 12:52:52 PM
But he can take a score. I have been one of his biggest critics but he is certainly not as bad as I first thought. I still believe he is well off championship pace and I would easily have Mallon ahead of him, I do believe he deserves a chance since he has done so well against Cavan. Remember Kernan is coming off  a years solid training and is probably as fit as anyone on the team at present. Probably a bit sore ,in more ways than one, after Sunday but with his fitness on high he will probably be our topscorer form play on Sunday.

Nothing like setting someone up for a big fall.

Hopefully not though.

corn02

Not really Nimbus, as I stated I have critisied him plenty on here. I think he is a pioneer? I could be wrong but if he is he should have no problem hitting at least two points from play on Sunday.

Real1995

I agree with the three Kernan's playing on Sunday as I feel Tony and Stephen are their on Merit, but just think of the criticism that big Joe would have come under if he had played them....agree wit Corn, MOR has easily been our best forward in league to date...no reason to drop him at al!
Nice guys always finish second!