Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

full back

Quote from: Armagh Exile on February 27, 2008, 06:33:37 PM
Athletics Ground reopening delayed
27 February 2008

The long-awaited reopening of the Athletic Grounds in Armagh has been further delayed due to a change of building contractor.

Orchard County officials have been forced to abandon plans to host glamour National League ties against Dublin and Cork at the city venue because the redevelopment work won't be completed on time. It means Armagh's remaining Division 2 games will now take place at Crossmaglen.

Armagh haven't played a league tie at their county headquarters since 2000, while their last championship clash at the venue was the 1995 defeat to Derry. County chairman Kevin Brady said it will be 2009 before the revamped 21,000-capacity stadium will be able to host league matches again.

www.hoganstand.com

No shock there then ::)

TacadoirArdMhacha

QuoteOrchard County officials have been forced to abandon plans to host glamour National League ties against Dublin and Cork at the city venue because the redevelopment work won't be completed on time.

Was this ever even a remote possibility?
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

say nothin

the contractors changed back in December. Spoke to one of the guys working on the site and he told me recently that they would be finished Phase1 by the End of June, in time to hold Club championship games/finals.

There was never going to be a NFL game played on the pitch this year.

winsamsoon

Tell you what lads was anyone else happy that they have actually set a date for 2009  :D I thought at the rate they are going it would be another ten years. But then again i would say this date will be extended.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

mackers

To be fair lads I pass it two or three times a day and the amount of work that has been done over the last couple of months has been amazing. I know it has taken some time to get this far but hopefully we'll be watching a few club championship matches under lights in August and September!!!
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

illdecide

Quote from: mackers on February 28, 2008, 10:16:33 AM
To be fair lads I pass it two or three times a day and the amount of work that has been done over the last couple of months has been amazing. I know it has taken some time to get this far but hopefully we'll be watching a few club championship matches under lights in August and September!!!

K Brady said that he had no doubt (100%) that the final of the senior club championship will be in the Athletic Grounds. We shall see!!!
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

winsamsoon

here here,  and get the final out of cross.

corn02

Killeavy seven's fixtures.

Group A - Pitch 1 
Killeavey v Keady
Mullaghbawn v Sarsfields
Killeavey v Mullaghbawn
Keady v Sarsfields
Killeavey v Sarsfields
Keady v Mullaghbawn

Group B - Pitch 2 
Maghery v Grange
St PAts  v Ballymacnab
Maghery v St pats 
Grange  v Ballymacnab
Maghery v Ballymacnab
Grange  v St Pats 

Group C - Pitch 3 
Crossmaglen v St Peters 
Carrickruppen v Shane ONeills 
Crossmaglen v Carrickruppen
St Peters  v Shane ONeills 
Crossmaglen v Shane ONeills 
St Peters  v Carrickruppin
Group D - Pitch 4 
Dromintee v Silverbridge
Cullaville v Granemore
Dromintee v Cullaville
Silverbridge v Granemore
Dromintee v Granemore
Silverbridge v Cullaville

winsamsoon

I heard we were entering that the year but obviously not according to corns post.

corn02

Suprised myself Win, Harps and Ogs also missing.

illdecide

Quote from: winsamsoon on February 28, 2008, 03:25:20 PM
I heard we were entering that the year but obviously not according to corns post.

As far as i know we put our names in the hat??? Maybe there were not enough places left...
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

corn02

I though I read somwhere that the invite was going to all first divison clubs and then second etc etc in which case Clans would be there. I may have imagined this though but I do believe I read it in the Killeavy bullentin.

corn02

Preparations are well underway now for the first Armagh sevens tournament, to be held at the club on Easter Saturday, 22nd March. We hope to have 16-20 teams taking part, on our two main fields and in Meigh. The initial invite has gone to the top two divisions in Armagh, and depending on uptake, we may widen our base to other clubs in the region. The club will be open on the day, and we're hoping for a great days craic and a good and meaningful competition to add to the Armagh football calendar. The tournament has been endorsed by the county board, and official referees will be present!! So make sure you're there to help or just enjoy your day out. 

Off Killeavy site.

IVEDECIDED

Does anyone know when the first batch of league fixtures are out? Or when the league starts even? Surely this information should be known to clubs by now!

winsamsoon

I thought the same corn but once again events in Armagh are as clear as mud ???