Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

naka

Sandy Hill

Quote from: naka on February 26, 2008, 12:04:37 PM
sandy hill what about j mc entee

I haven't heard anything about him but if you read the interview with him from last Sunday's Times you'd get the distinct impression that he's finished with the County; I hope I'm wrong!!
"Stercus accidit"

pintsofguinness

So have yous decided who's second best in the county yet?  :-\
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Onion Bag

Quote from: pintsofguinness on February 26, 2008, 01:38:43 PM
So have yous decided who's second best in the county yet?  :-\

Mullaghbrack is the 2nd best
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

IVEDECIDED

Take your face for a crisp sandwich onion bag - Mullaghbrack arent even second best in Mullaghbrack!!!! ;D

winsamsoon

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on February 26, 2008, 08:27:59 AM
AFS, it pops it's head up once in a while and is quite amusing to see people squabble over the scraps from the master's table :P

I think this will be a big year for those teams in that second tier. How the boys react to Sunday will be key.  Dromintee now have a real chance to go that step further and beat them as they have had a few months head start on preparing for the single event of the 1st Round of the championship, and Cross are at their vulnerable now.  How Drmintee turn this to their advantage is vital in securing a win for them.  This is the year for them to do it and if they don't then I don't know what they can do.

You see lads i am not arguing about who is second place in Armagh unlike some others i am merely stating that Cross are top as you say broken (anyone disputing this is in lala land).It is between another 5 or 6 teams to step up and challenge. Any of these 5 or 6 teams could beat each other on any given day so you are correct in saying the argument is totally bizzarre. It is based on past statistics and we all know what happened in the past should never be forgotten but it has no bearing whatsover on future events. Also i have already stated in my other post that it is a great time to get at the cross. No one will know what way the defeat on sunday will affect them and as you have rightly stated other teams will have a head start as i would imagine the cross taking a few weeks of.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

Onion Bag

Quote from: IVEDECIDED on February 26, 2008, 02:04:57 PM
Take your face for a crisp sandwich onion bag - Mullaghbrack arent even second best in Mullaghbrack!!!! ;D

No sorry i meant Phelim Bradys are the second best!
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

IVEDECIDED

No sorry i meant Phelim Bradys are the second best!
[/quote]

Correct son :D

brokencrossbar1

Massive pressure on Cross resources this year.  What sort of team do the U-21's have?  If they are any good you could be looking at a situation whereby Cross have 17 players away from club training at least once a week for the next few months. 

Even with a large panel there can only be about 12-13 players always going to be there and that is no way to run things.  If I remember rightly this U-21 team won the Ulster Championship, even though it was somewhat fortunate.  When is the 1st round of the championship in Armagh due to be played?

mackers

BC1, first round of the championship isn't on until August so they'll have plenty of time to rest. Naka, I heard that John Mac coming onto the panel is definitely not happening.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

corn02

Sorto f glad the Dromintee boys didn't bother going to trials now, 17 Crposs boys away is a massive amount.

brokencrossbar1

QuotePosted on: February 26, 2008, 04:43:09 PMPosted by: mackers 
Insert Quote
BC1, first round of the championship isn't on until August so they'll have plenty of time to rest. Naka, I heard that John Mac coming onto the panel is definitely not happening

Thanks mackers.  I think the u-21's has to be run off before the seniors start, would that be right?  The Armagh County Board must have great faith in the seniors that they think they will still be there in August!

el_cuervo_fc

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on February 27, 2008, 07:58:16 AM
QuotePosted on: February 26, 2008, 04:43:09 PMPosted by: mackers 
Insert Quote
BC1, first round of the championship isn't on until August so they'll have plenty of time to rest. Naka, I heard that John Mac coming onto the panel is definitely not happening

Thanks mackers.  I think the u-21's has to be run off before the seniors start, would that be right?  The Armagh County Board must have great faith in the seniors that they think they will still be there in August!

I think one of the main reasons that the county board have put the championship on so late this year is so that clubs can concentrate on their league campaigns.  with all clubs still in preparation for championship there wont be the same debacle of the past few seasons where clubs simply forget about the league when they know they're safe

illdecide

Nail on the head cuervo. Brady said the league had been a joke the last few years so the championship would be late to get a better league and nothing to do with thinking Armagh will be there knocking on the door in August
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Armagh Exile

Athletics Ground reopening delayed
27 February 2008

The long-awaited reopening of the Athletic Grounds in Armagh has been further delayed due to a change of building contractor.

Orchard County officials have been forced to abandon plans to host glamour National League ties against Dublin and Cork at the city venue because the redevelopment work won't be completed on time. It means Armagh's remaining Division 2 games will now take place at Crossmaglen.

Armagh haven't played a league tie at their county headquarters since 2000, while their last championship clash at the venue was the 1995 defeat to Derry. County chairman Kevin Brady said it will be 2009 before the revamped 21,000-capacity stadium will be able to host league matches again.

www.hoganstand.com