Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donagh

Quote from: illdecide on February 15, 2008, 09:04:50 AM
Sorry Donagh ;) :D. K Brady was telling me about Cross stuffing Armagh U21's on Wed night as well :-X He was also telling me about the flood lights are being installed at the minute in the Pathetic Grounds and that the county final will be held there 100%.

Did Brady tell you about... ahh howl ur whiste donagh...  Viva El Presidente -- Joe Dubh!!!

1stsub

lads any one know of any websites were i can get a few training drills from

stpauls

what colours do St. Peter's play in lads? need to know what colour of kit to bring with us today?

aidanmcg33

think they are black and white. Not 100% sure though.

stpauls

cheers aidan, managed to find their website as well and they do play in those colours, good man!

armagh leg-end

Madden beat por mor today by a point in the mid armagh cup! play keady in the semi!
Ard Mhacha Abu

Onion Bag

anyone at Mullingar today? bad result, any reports welcome
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

armaghniac

from de Indo

ARMAGH legend Oisin McConville will sign off on a glittering career by retiring from inter-county football at the end of this season.

After being plagued with a back injury for the past two years, McConville, 32, underwent surgery on that problem area last week but is still expected to be ready for Crossmaglen's All-Ireland club semi-final with St Vincent's next weekend.

He seriously considered retiring at the end of last season but says his desire to land a second All-Ireland medal with Armagh forced him to come back for one more shot. There is speculation that fellow Crossmaglen man, Francie Bellew, will also call it a day after this campaign.

Speaking of his decision to step down at the end of the year, McConville said: "My back has been giving me trouble for some time now and realistically I have to consider my health at some point. In an ideal world you'd never quit and would carry on playing for as long as possible.

"But I know that if I keep going for much longer at the pace I am then I will end up with a serious problem. One more year will do no great harm -- and besides I think we have a great chance of success this year."

While all his focus is on the club at the moment, he says he wouldn't have returned to the Armagh team had he not being confident for the year ahead.

"I know no one really rates us -- and think we are gone as a team -- but Peter McDonnell is going about his business in a really calm and impressive manner.

"The team is motoring along nicely and I reckon we're capable of a shock or two along the way," he added.

McConville, the highest scorer in Ulster championship history, has just been awarded the AIB Ulster Player of the Year for the fourth time in his career. The two-time All Star is currently bidding to win his fifth All-Ireland club medal with Cross'
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

winsamsoon

Kilrea 1-08 Clan Na Gael 1-10 Good day at the office. All in all a good result against a young side full of running.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

Nimbus

Any positives come out of Mullingar yesterday?

Any good performances?

Hank Everlast

Tullysaran beat the grange 2.08 til 0.03 on sunday in that mid armagh shield!

I went up to see st pats mccrory team play omagh on saturday, they won by 4 or 5 points and had a man sent off, good display although lady luck was definetly on their side.  The st pats keeper deserves a mention for a string of fine saves, on another day omagh cud have 4 or 5 goals, as well as the keeper, t turley, d comisky and c coulter all played very well!

any other results from the shield??

gander

Middletowns match with ballyhegan was called off again, cause of fog or frozen pitch I think

Double Cross

Quote from: Nimbus on February 18, 2008, 10:48:28 AM
Any positives come out of Mullingar yesterday?

The sooner the Cross lads are back playing the better, but they wont be back `til after the All Ireland Club Final on St Patricks Day.

border rabbit

Whats the story with Mid-Armagh Cup & Shield competitions? Doesnt seem to be too many matches being played. Surely Ogs & Harps too busy with Ulster League.

Thats a big result Hank over your neighbours, chatting to one of them today and they are already talking about struggling in Div.3 after that beating. Do you play yourself Hank or stand idly by/past it?

Anyone know when / where St Pats Armagh play their next round match in McRory cup? Think its Dungannon Academy now

Hank Everlast

Yea i was talkn to a grange fella after the game and he was pessimistic about their chances in division 3 to say the least! we were short the mccrory lads, and a couple of other starters as well who were missing thru wee niggles and other reasons! No i wasnt playn, was one of about wat seemed like 50 subs we had on the day!  ::)