Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Border Fox

Whether you stay up or not, playing in div 1 can only be good for the IFC prospects  ;D

Spiritof98

Quote from: Border Fox on December 21, 2006, 12:21:48 PM
Whether you stay up or not, playing in div 1 can only be good for the IFC prospects ;D

They'll not concur to that round Derrymacash
I'll go back if Marsdens back

lurganblue

Quote from: Spiritof98 on December 21, 2006, 12:45:39 PM
Quote from: Border Fox on December 21, 2006, 12:21:48 PM
Whether you stay up or not, playing in div 1 can only be good for the IFC prospects ;D

They'll not concur to that round Derrymacash

but they're a bunch of wasters

pintsofguinness

QuotePint of guinness u keep harping on about the ref in the culloville game and how poor he was, but ta tel u the truth it wouldnt have mattered who was d ref, it still wouldn't have changed the result or the 6 point margin. I agree referees do have to be more consistent with their decisions but look at the facts the bridge and culloville met 5 time this year in the seniors.
1st game in d championship was a draw. The bridge won the replay . we met 3 times in the league and we won all of those encounters, So suggest u take a leaf out of other Silverbridge players books and be more Gracious in defeat no one likes sour grapes.
I criticise the ref after most games we play, win or lose but suddenly it's sour grapes? What part of congratulating Culloville and wishing them luck for next year was sour grapes? And harping on about the ref? I made one post highlighting 3 incidents that he made a bollocks of.  Do you disagree with me on any of the points I made? Trueblue agreed with me on the penalty incident.
If you can't have a sensible discussion about incidents in the game without coming out with something that a child would go away and f**k yourself.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

rolloutking

OK back to Sam...if a team mouths at him he will literally rob them blind but skull a man and you get away with it lol!

I remember one time a massive brawl broke out with all players and mentors kickin the crap outta each other. Instead of dishin out a few cards or abandoning the match he grabbed the ball and sat on it in the middle of the field and says "You might get tired fightin lads, but il not get tired watchin!"

Wat a legend!

Armagh Exile

Apart from Ollie Hearty, Brian Nixon and Sam McClatchey who are the other good referees in Armagh?

Goats Do Shave

Fortunately Brain Nixon is no more a ref (or linesman!!)

- Was told one day he ran onto the pitch , as linesman, & hit a player on the back of the head wit the linesman's flag.....then ran like feck....

Jimmy McKee is a quality ref in my opinion. Does a good job at inter-county level!

john mcgill

Hears a rumour yesterday that John Morrison will be managing Tullysaran this year.  Any confirmation?

pintsofguinness

Cross beat the bridge 3-8 to 1-7. 

f**king disaster of a game *bangs head of table*. Very similar to the minor semi final.  We looked to be matching them well for the first 5 minutes but then one of our lads dropped the ball coming out of defence and allowed Cross in for a goal, five minutes later Micheal Reel made an excellent save but a cross player sent the rebound to the net.  I think we went 7 points down at that stage but fought back well and only 3 between the teams at half time. Still only 3 between us 15 minutes into the second half, cross sent a long ball in, Stefan murphy coming out to collect it comfortably when he was pushed in the back, ball ran on in and knocked to net.   >:(  Game over.  Cross ran away with it after that, a Liam campbell gaol towards the end give us some consolidation. 
Liam Campbell was the best for us, himself and Aherne for Cross were the best on the field. 
Cross are nothing special, dangerous in attack but very ordinary everywhere else.  Cannot believe our f**king luck but all the best to them in the next round.

Sniper...On Ciaran conlon
QuoteIt true he was away huffing?
No, it would appear rumours have been greatly exaggerated, even within the club.  He's out with a bad flu and only made it as a spectator today.

corn02

Was out at it Pint. The two first goals were brutal defending and i feel sorry for the keeper on the second. The third goal was as blantant push as i have seen and just when yous were giving them a game. Was young Mallie not playing or is my eyesight just getting worse?

pintsofguinness

Quote from: corn02 on December 27, 2006, 06:40:19 PM
Was out at it Pint. The two first goals were brutal defending and i feel sorry for the keeper on the second. The third goal was as blantant push as i have seen and just when yous were giving them a game. Was young Mallie not playing or is my eyesight just getting worse?
Yeah Anthony was playing at corner back.  I think it was Conal Quinn that dropped the ball for the first goal, it happens the best of them,  but it's frustrating to give away such a simple goal and the ref handed them the third  >:(
What did you think of Cross? I wasn't overly impressed. 

Goats Do Shave

Quote from: john mcgill on December 23, 2006, 06:44:27 AM
Hears a rumour yesterday that John Morrison will be managing Tullysaran this year.  Any confirmation?

Heard this myself...no confirmation yet?

Orior

Did Mickey Moran and John Morrison make some strange pact as they left Mayo? Moran heads of to a wee club on the edge of the lough called Cargin, while Morrison heads to Tullysaran.

What is their cunning plan?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

corn02

Was npt overly impressed myself. I felt that just before the third goal the Bridge were going to give us a great last few minutes. I would say alot of the cross players were 'out of sorts' and as you know yourself they could go out tomorrow and win by twenty. Campbell was best player on field alot better than anyone from Cross even Hanratty. Heard tonight about that Conlon thing being bullshit.

Horatio Kane

Cross hammered Harps today in U 21 semi at mullahbrack...totally dominated game and were superior in every dept.