Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

illdecide

Quote from: armaghniac on February 04, 2008, 11:59:27 PM
McNulty's waistline presently somewhat resembles my own, but he will be off the biscuits for Lent and will be in better shape as the season goes on. There will be younger legs around, but not the experience.

Correct chief, Enda will be in much better shape come April/May and he will be a certain starter in the championship. He has an ass like a bag of cement at the minute but he'll shift that over the next 2/3 months. Enda relyes on his speed as his skill levels would not be up there with the best so he knows himself the pounds have to come off
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Hank Everlast

With everyone fit, my team wud be.......

1. C Mc Kinney
2. A Mallon
3. F Bellew
4. E mcnulty
5. A Kernan
6. K Mc Keever
7. P Duffy
8. G o neill
9. P Mc Grane
10. M O Rourke
11. B Mallon
12. P mc keever
13. S Mc Donnell
14. R Clarke
15. O Mc Conville

Options for defence: B Donaghy, A O Rourke, K Toner, G Smyth,
(moriarty gives away too many frees, toner is an option for full back if francie doesnt make it)

Options for Midfield: J Lavery, P Loughran, K toner,

Options for Attack: G Swift, S Forker, G Loughran T Kernan,
(The most likely change being mcconville took off or the other way about with kernan starting and mcconville coming on to make an impact./ Loughran can also make an impact round haf forward if mckeever of mallon fail to perform)

Goats Do Shave

This post won't be well liked, but I'm not sure Francie will ever be the same player again.

I'd be happy with Toner at full back. He's sound on the high ball, & fairly mobile for a big lad.

Though depending on the full forward, we may see alternative Full backs!?

I wouldn't fancy Toner on Tommy Freeman, however he's be the better option v Vinny Corey!

mackers

Heard at the weekend from two very reliable sources that Oisin will NOT play for the county again, unfortunately. The back has gone again, what I've heard is that Cross are going to load him up with painkillers for the semi and hopefully the final also. However, he needs an operation and he has been told if he gets the operation he will not play football again. Both sources are big Cross fans and were suitably depressed that they won't have him again after the semi/final. Didn't sound like a wind-up to me.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

corn02

By the sounds of today's Irish News there will onpy be one number six this year, and to be honest the distribution qulaity of the man would make him a starter on my team.

Orior

Quote from: mackers on February 05, 2008, 10:42:21 AM
Heard at the weekend from two very reliable sources that Oisin will NOT play for the county again, unfortunately. The back has gone again, what I've heard is that Cross are going to load him up with painkillers for the semi and hopefully the final also. However, he needs an operation and he has been told if he gets the operation he will not play football again. Both sources are big Cross fans and were suitably depressed that they won't have him again after the semi/final. Didn't sound like a wind-up to me.

Its the twilight of his career so no big loss to the county. Gotta move on without him sooner than later.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Surreal Steve

Terrible news about oisin and the back. hoep this man continues in some role for cross or the county setup as he is a real asset to the gaa

qub la la la

Quote from: Orior on February 05, 2008, 07:11:59 PM

Its the twilight of his career so no big loss to the county. Gotta move on without him sooner than later.

how can you say no big loss. he poses a massive scoring threat against any team. I am not his greatest fan but i would have to say that he has impacted armagh football in a huge way. although maybe not the man to play a full county game any more, it didnt stop canavan lifting sam when he was only playing parts of the games for tyrone. what is heartening is the emergence of fellow crossmaglen man tony kernan as what could possibly be a replacement for oisin's scoring exploits. would rather have him than be without.

passedit

Quote from: Orior on February 05, 2008, 07:11:59 PM

Orior, did you ever consider a career in HR?

Ye'd be a great man with the black binbags.

Don't Panic

stpauls

ok men, the manager asked me to put out the word to see if we can get some challenge matches organised over the next few weeks before our season starts on the 9th March, so we are a Division 3 team, junior grade, and if you are willing to give us a game, sent me a pm. we would be willing to travel, but not too far! though you could always come up to holywood, take the wifes/partners etc and send them to Ikea while you are playing the game, and it keeps everyone happy!  ;D
cheers guys!

winsamsoon

We are playing St pauls of Belfast on sunday in the Ulster league.. Is this your team????
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

winsamsoon

Orior you are right about one thing we will have to do without mc conville sooner or later but it should be later. He is playing great stuff at the moment( Or had been until this supposed injury that hasn't been confirmed) The man has proved this year with his performances for cross that he is still well capable of doing the business. If this injury has reoccured it will be a massive loss for Armagh.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

stpauls

Quote from: winsamsoon on February 06, 2008, 02:08:28 PM
We are playing St pauls of Belfast on sunday in the Ulster league.. Is this your team????

no mate, they are from West Belfast, we are from Holywood in Down. Thay play in the Antrim league.

stpauls

Quote from: hardstation on February 06, 2008, 02:18:01 PM
Quote from: winsamsoon on February 06, 2008, 02:08:28 PM
Nah, St.Pauls is a Down hoor.
Speaking of St. Paul's and Down hoors. The St. Paul's that you will be playing on Sunday are managed by Cathal Murray.

hardstation, i may play for a team in the Down leagues, but i ain't no Down hoor!

bennydorano

Hear Queens gave the U21's an unmerciful hiding last night in Silverbridge.