8.C Vernon
9.P McGrane
10. M O'Rourke
11. J McEntee
12 T Kernan
13.Stevie
14 R Clarke
15 O McConnville

I hav to be honest, the amount of ball that Martin O'Rouke gets is unbelievable....It still early days yet so a few other player like, stephen Kernan, G Loughran, G O'Neill, F Mo, Toner, Donaghy, Lavery, B mallon could force there way in, so lots of competition for places....

tellin u know, John Mac wil be bac in the squad, watch the space
Nice guys always finish second!

Imposerous

Clearly being very premature here, but I have chosen the following team based on who I think may be the 15 best players in those positions come champo time, provided some of them develop as I hope.

1. C Mc Kinney
2. A Mallon
3. K Toner
4. P McKeown
5. A Kernan
6. K Mc Keever
7. P Duffy
8. J Lavery      
9. P Mc Grane
10. C Vernon
11. M O'Rourke
12. T Kernan
13. S Mc Donnell
14. R Clarke
15. P Toal

Candyman

Quote from: Imposerous on February 04, 2008, 01:29:27 PM
Clearly being very premature here, but I have chosen the following team based on who I think may be the 15 best players in those positions come champo time, provided some of them develop as I hope.

1. C Mc Kinney
2. A Mallon
3. K Toner
4. P McKeown
5. A Kernan
6. K Mc Keever
7. P Duffy
8. J Lavery      
9. P Mc Grane
10. C Vernon
11. M O'Rourke
12. T Kernan
13. S Mc Donnell
14. R Clarke
15. P Toal

Forget about it...

Onion Bag

Whys that Candyman? Is he out on a long term injury? or what is the score?
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

Candyman

He broke the leg months ago playing soccer  ::)
It wasn't healing properly and he had to have an operation and have pins inserted in the leg!!! he'll not be ready to train for a while yet (i dont think) and then he has to get match fit after that???

qub la la la

1. Hearty
2. A Mallon
3. Bellew
4. Duffy
5. A Kernan
6. A O R
7. McKeever
8. Lavery
9. McGrane
10. Martin O Rourke
11. McDonnell
12. Vernon
13. T Kernan
14. Clarke
15. McConville

Alternatively I could see McConville being sprung from the bench with B Mallon starting...

still early days and I would imagine competition for places will be immense. would love to see p Mckeown make a real push for the number 4 slot.

Real1995

like the look of ur team qub.........jus hope boys like vernon and lavery can raise the bar this yr, saying that they are not newbies anymore....boys interestin lookin at these selections, are we rulin out McNulty now completely?? the fact that we cannot agree on a starting 15 for me is a good thing, shows that there is lots a compeetion for places...it would be worse if the startin 15 picked itself
Nice guys always finish second!

qub la la la

Quote from: Real1995 on February 04, 2008, 07:15:17 PM
like the look of ur team qub.........jus hope boys like vernon and lavery can raise the bar this yr, saying that they are not newbies anymore....boys interestin lookin at these selections, are we rulin out McNulty now completely?? the fact that we cannot agree on a starting 15 for me is a good thing, shows that there is lots a compeetion for places...it would be worse if the startin 15 picked itself

imo i think  mcnulty is slightly passed it, a great servant to the cause and hopefully he could prove me wrong but i feel he best serves the county's needs as a role model to younger lads on the panel and more so as a coach than a championship player.

AFS

Noticed something about Enda yesterday that would make him a certain championship starter for me despite the fact he is probably past his best. He is constantly talking to the players around him, giving encouragement, telling them where they should be for kick outs etc. This leadership is invaluable to the younger boys around him. He has to be in the team this year especially with the absence of Geezer's leadership.

altovito

Quote from: Real1995 on February 01, 2008, 06:13:59 PM
I would like to wish gareth symth all the best for Sunday, here is a player who has worked so hard at club level and has final got his chance for the county.  He has been outstanding for St Marys this past 4 yrs and i am sure he will make the most of his chance on sun

r u the mrs gareth smyth to be?

asitis

don,t think that,s fair to smyth . he,s a corner back and with an all ireland in his back pocket. have you one alto.

Orior

Quote from: AFS on February 04, 2008, 08:12:39 PM
Noticed something about Enda yesterday that would make him a certain championship starter for me despite the fact he is probably past his best. He is constantly talking to the players around him, giving encouragement, telling them where they should be for kick outs etc. This leadership is invaluable to the younger boys around him. He has to be in the team this year especially with the absence of Geezer's leadership.

I noticed that too. Both Enda and Aidan did the same in the McKenna cup. Good to see that.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

armaghniac

McNulty's waistline presently somewhat resembles my own, but he will be off the biscuits for Lent and will be in better shape as the season goes on. There will be younger legs around, but not the experience.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Out in Front

Just a reminder  :)

Gaelic Life GAA Q & A NIGHT
In association with the Newry Reporter
In aid of the 
SOUTHERN AREA HOSPICE SERVICES

In the CANAL COURT HOTEL, NEWRY
On WEDNESDAY FEBRUARY 6, 2008
@ 7.45pm - TICKETS £10

MC for the evening, the BBC's MARK SIDEBOTTOM

Taking your questions will be
JARLATH BURNS, JOE KERNAN, JOE BROLLY & ROSS CARR

Tickets will be available at the door on the night.

Onion Bag

Quote from: altovito on February 04, 2008, 08:48:44 PM
Quote from: Real1995 on February 01, 2008, 06:13:59 PM
I would like to wish gareth symth all the best for Sunday, here is a player who has worked so hard at club level and has final got his chance for the county.  He has been outstanding for St Marys this past 4 yrs and i am sure he will make the most of his chance on sun

r u the mrs gareth smyth to be?

I thought he was crap on Sunday!
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!