Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

topgun

does anyone have a decent match report on the game today scorers etc never seen the tg4 coverage over in england
a prophet is not recognised by his own

sean og

terrible display in the first half lack of shooting practice from our FF line,great 2nd half with TK kicking some great points and PD playing well in the H/B line thought big o neill worked hard all day

corn02

Was working, but did I hear right? 11 pound in?

Armagh Exile

Allianz NFL Division Two
ARMAGH LEAVE IT LATE TO BEAT CAVAN

Armagh   0-14
Cavan    1-10

Tony Kernan was the hero for Armagh after five second half scores helped the Orchard County to a seemingly impossible win over Cavan in Crossmaglen.
Kernan was introduced as a substitute at half time when Armagh were five points down.
But after the Crossmaglen man was given permission to play for his county despite and All-Ireland Club semi-final later this month, he wasted no time as he slotted over four frees and a point from play on his league debut.
Kernan, 21, only returned to from a broken collarbone last weekend but showed no ring rustiness as he helped turn a 1-5 to 0-3 deficit at the interval into a one-point victory after 70 minutes.
Armagh actually opened the scoring on five minutes through Ronan Clarke, playing inter-county football for the first time since tearing cruciate knee ligaments in the All-Ireland quarter-final defeat to Kerry in 2006.
But Peter McDonnell's men would go another 25 minutes without a score as Cavan registered a Martin Reilly point and two frees and another placed ball from Seanie Johnston.
But the real damage occurred 18 minutes in when A Paraic Reilly high ball found its way to an unmarked Jason O'Reilly who blasted a low shot towards goal.
Ciarán McKinney did manage to touch the effort onto his left post but Johnston sped in to tap to an exposed net.
Paddy McKeever halted the visitors dominance with two frees late on in the first half but his team mates had been guilty of hitting six wides at that stage and missing four clear goal opportunities.
It was a different story after the break Kernan and Ciarán McKeever were introduced and the wind was at Armagh's back.
Kernan snatched the first point of the half from close range and that was followed by scores from Martin O'Rourke, Gareth O'Neill and Steven McDonnell to put just one between the sides.
Kernan's third free then gained parity and it was his accuracy from the dead ball that finally gave Armagh the lead on 68 minutes.
Stephen Kernan then put two between the sides and Barry Watters late white flag for Cavan was mere consolation.
Armagh: C McKinney; E McNulty, B Donaghy, F Moriarty; G Smyth, A O'Rourke, P Duffy; G O'Neill 0-1, P McGrane; M O'Rourke 0-1, B Mallon, P McKeever 0-2, 2f; G Swift, R Clarke 0-2, S McDonnell 0-1.
Substitutes: C McKeever for G Smyth (on 36 minutes), T Kernan 0-5, 4f for B Mallon (36), S Kernan 0-2 for P McKeever (52) and K Toner for G Swift (57).
Cavan: James Reilly; M Hannon, R Dunne, K Fannin; B Watters 0-1, P Reilly, J McCutcheon 0-1; L Mulvey, J Cunningham; M Reilly 0-4, 2f, R Donohoe, A Forde; Jason O'Reilly, E O'Reilly, S Johnston 1-4, 3f.
Substitutes: M Lyng for K Fannin (on 34 minutes), G Pierson for J O'Reilly (47), S Brady for E O'Reilly (61) and M Cunningham for R Donohoe (70).
Referee: C Reilly (Meath).

qub la la la

Quote from: corn02 on February 03, 2008, 07:07:44 PM
Was working, but did I hear right? 11 pound in?

surely you should have been at the game taking notes corn....

qub la la la

cross's continued involvement all winter in the club championships clearly showed in both kernans displays. the rangers must be doing plenty of shooting practice. mcdonnell and mckeever could do with a bit at the min.

corn02

Notepad left at home QUB,  was nowhere near Cross.

Real1995

Thought the second half performance today was very encouraging.. The introduction of the Kernans won the game for us..  The prospect of TK really excites me, and that was the one huge bonus of todays game.  Credit to Peter McDonnell because each substution he made worked today.  Credit to see Paul Duffy back on form.  One downside however was our full back line....Donaghy clearly looks more comfortable further out the field than around the square
Nice guys always finish second!

TacadoirArdMhacha

QuoteWas working, but did I hear right? 11 pound in?

Ya heard right.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

David McKeown

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on February 03, 2008, 10:07:46 PM
QuoteWas working, but did I hear right? 11 pound in?

Ya heard right.

Ahh the joys of still being a student it was only 5 euro in today
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

corn02

Quote from: Real1995 on February 03, 2008, 10:04:36 PM
The prospect of TK really excites me, and that was the one huge bonus

Hope the that is meant to be bonus and not something else...

Goats Do Shave

Why was it £10 into Omagh on Saturday night & £11 into Cross yesterday?

Onion Bag

The shooting yesterday was terrible, the shots that Mc Donnell and Mc Keever missed were something that you would see in a U12 game. Had they been taken by one of the rookies, everyone would have been asking the question as to why they are even there. I mean 14 yard kicks, its school boy stuff   
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

illdecide

Lads i hope i'm not stirring anything up but i heard from a good friend of John McEntee that he was going back to Armagh for another year and that the only reason he quit in the first place was because of Joe K
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

gander

QuoteWhy was it £10 into Omagh on Saturday night & £11 into Cross yesterday?

I've a funny feeling Armagh charge an extra quid in which goes to the players fund or something like that