Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Louis the Red

QuoteIt'll be interesting to see how the FF line does.  That could be a pretty good combination

I'm sure Nippy will play out around the middle.

Hank Everlast

bennydorano

I assume it's Gareth Smyth from Mullaghbawn, I would have him in the 'slightly dodgy' section, could get cleaned in the HB line, far better in the Fb line.

el_cuervo_fc

Quote from: Louis the Red on February 01, 2008, 12:13:02 PM
QuoteIt'll be interesting to see how the FF line does.  That could be a pretty good combination

I'm sure Nippy will play out around the middle.

well that is the usual way armagh plays, but i would still like to see a 3 man full forward as a plan b

BenDover

Aye but if they were to play the traditional 3man FF line i don't think Nippy would be the choice corner forward, possibly someone like McCone or Forker instead

winsamsoon

Uladh if your read correctly what i had written i never used any names from Clan Na Gael and i also said other clubs would have the same grievances. This is not about Clan Na Gael, it is about all the clubs in Armagh. Some clubs are under represented whilst others are over. The trial idea would sort out a lot of the unanswered questions as to why certain individuals are not making the senior county squad. As i'll decide quite correctly points out he was only using an example from our club because, he is from our club. He is totally correct in doing so because the particular case is well capable of playing for the county at the present time( again my opinion). So lets not make it into a Clan Na Gael versus the county thing. Once again it is all clubs within Armagh and i am sure all Club representitive will feel the same way. They will all feel there are players on the panel that are not worthy and indeed they will list you several worthy replacements ( This could be biased). A trial system would certainly go a small way to solving the debates on this issue.

Diesel that is the first i have heard about that young girl and that is trully a devastating loss for Carrickcruppen and indeed the whole GAA Community. To loose someone so young and who seemed to have so much promise is a tradgedy.Our thoughts can only be with her family. May she rest in peace.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

seeheartalk

What is all this selection huffing and puffing about?
Every club secretary was asked to forward names for U21 and senior trials.  Most clubs did not hold any meetings over Nov/Dec or bother to contact their managers or managers decided not to send their players on trails on self interest. Anyway a good few players decided not to bother - P Loughran as an example.
That is why Armagh is left with the players it has.
If you think your club player is good enough then ask your county delegate what have they done about it.

winsamsoon

Our county delegate is the chairman and i really don't think our club was ask to forward any players to a trial. It should be up to the manager of the team to approach the clubs and find out by watching club gamesthe players with ability. A list should then be put in the paper insted of the secret service that you clain has occured.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

gander

There was a list for the U21 team trials anyway, dunno about seniors.

Real1995

I would like to wish gareth symth all the best for Sunday, here is a player who has worked so hard at club level and has final got his chance for the county.  He has been outstanding for St Marys this past 4 yrs and i am sure he will make the most of his chance on sun
Nice guys always finish second!

corn02

Macker I was suggesting O'Neill at FF just as ab after though in case Clarke was still not one hundred percent. I know it is an important match but I would still not want players rushing back too early.

Win while I take your point on board regarding the trials I would have a few reservations about it. It is a very good idea but I believe that the majority of players who are County standard are on or have had a chance with Armagh. Dwyer is obviously getting a raw deal and he is an exception. I believe every clubs has players who believe and who have fans who believe they are good enough for County. My own club included, Crossmaglen included and Clan Na Gael included. Come Championship time, the panel will be  basically 99% the best squad in the County.

The reason I would have reservations about your semi final / final idea is that I think that watching a player and hearing reports on a player over a season is more beneficial than having two games were the best forward in the County may have a couple of off days. There is merit in your reasoning Win, and it is annoying when players do not get a fair shout.

Regarding Sunday, I will expect us to have four points to spare. Armagh each way for the league is a good bet.

TacadoirArdMhacha

Wouldn't be too fussed on trials meself. Think they are a bit fake as true matches given that everyone, however genuine and unselfish they may be, is still looking to make an impression for themselves rather than necessarily doing the best thing for the team.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

SouthArmaghBandit

Trails don't work IMO. You only have to look at the colleges All Star systems and some of the results it throws up.

Orior

Got my Club Tachaiochta Ard Mhacha package in the post this morning. Imagine my excitement as I inspected the contents:

a Club Tachaiochta Ard Mhacha orange wrist band
a Club Tachaiochta Ard Mhacha car sticker
a Club Tachaiochta Ard Mhacha key ring
a Club Tachaiochta Ard Mhacha lapel pin
a Club Tachaiochta Ard Mhacha membership card

Most worrying was my membership number - 003

So only two other suckers fell for this scam!
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

thebandit