Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

illdecide

Quote from: Hank Everlast on January 31, 2008, 12:41:38 PM
he wasnt roasted but muldoon did get the better of him and got on the ball far more than he shold have. His experience at that level probably told. 
A few people dont seem to think he is up to it but who are the alternatives?!?!

That's my opinion as well. I personally think he's out of his depth but we don't have many other alternatives. The one thing i can say is that when everyone is fit we will still have a very good team that will take a v good team to beat us, but if we get injury's we do not have the quality in the squad that we had a few years back.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

full back

Radio Ulster are broadcasting Sundays game live - on air from 2pm

winsamsoon

The players are out there if the selection process was done correctly. It is no good picking these players on merit or on their past. With a new manager taking over he should have implemented new trials for everyone and left the book completely opened. Instead he kept the old guard ( the majority of tried and tested under Kernan) and selected a few others from clubs around the county. What he should have done was selected four teams made up of a mixture of clubs. He should then have played  two semi final games and then a final run over two sundays. This would have given him the opportunity to select players on fitness and abilitity. Each club should have been ask to forward the top 4 players whom they felt would warrant a county trial ( Now obviously the likes of Mc Grane and others wouldn't have to attend because in my opinion they would be guaranteed a place on the panel). This way if a lad was selected it would be clear and in the open, then you could turn round and say the system was fair and such and such made it through or didn't. There are clubs that ar vastly under represented on the county squad. My own included. I know for a fact there are lads on our senior squad who are as good as some mentioned but they have never been even approached for a trial. There are many more clubs like this so why not just have a major trial system in place to allow lads a fair crack at county football.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

illdecide

Quote from: winsamsoon on January 31, 2008, 02:01:04 PM
The players are out there if the selection process was done correctly. It is no good picking these players on merit or on their past. With a new manager taking over he should have implemented new trials for everyone and left the book completely opened. Instead he kept the old guard ( the majority of tried and tested under Kernan) and selected a few others from clubs around the county. What he should have done was selected four teams made up of a mixture of clubs. He should then have played  two semi final games and then a final run over two sundays. This would have given him the opportunity to select players on fitness and abilitity. Each club should have been ask to forward the top 4 players whom they felt would warrant a county trial ( Now obviously the likes of Mc Grane and others wouldn't have to attend because in my opinion they would be guaranteed a place on the panel). This way if a lad was selected it would be clear and in the open, then you could turn round and say the system was fair and such and such made it through or didn't. There are clubs that ar vastly under represented on the county squad. My own included. I know for a fact there are lads on our senior squad who are as good as some mentioned but they have never been even approached for a trial. There are many more clubs like this so why not just have a major trial system in place to allow lads a fair crack at county football.

Correct son. When D McAlinden was invited onto the county squad 2 years ago under Joe he done his cruciate ligament in and Joe told him he would take him back when he got fit. Now Dwyer is flying at the minute and is at his fittest in 3 years but he never even received a trial or the squad for the McKenna cup matches. Michael Austin is another one (and you's talked about earlier "Full Back" position) i know he likes his alcohol and food to much but over the last 3-4 months he has got himself into good shape and is probably at his fittest in 3 years also and it's only January. i know for a fact that if he was part of the Armagh panel he wouldn't piss about.

winsamsoon

I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

Uladh

Lads, if you'd used examples from clubs other than your own your argument might have more credability.

everyone thinks they have the prettiest wife at home

diesel-smuggler

lads can you just all spare a little thought for shauna mccann (r.i.p)

shauna was a 19 year old and played in goals for carrickcruppen ladies team, she was a university in liverpool and took sick on sunday, she unfortunately died on tuesday.

may she rest in peace!

bennydorano

Terrible about the young girl, but your last paragraph is balls and irrelevant to your initial post.

illdecide

Quote from: Uladh on January 31, 2008, 03:47:07 PM

Lads, if you'd used examples from clubs other than your own your argument might have more credability.

everyone thinks they have the prettiest wife at home

I don't know other players at other clubs or i would have used them.

Well i have seen a few peoples wives and they couldn't possibly say their's is the prettiest (i get your point ::))

Diesel I'm sorry to hear about that young girl may she RIP. None was questioning their commitment to Armagh we were just saying that some players lack in quality to be on the Armagh panel, it's a discussion board and thats what we were doing Discussing!!

diesel-smuggler

illdecide - i fully respect that but at the end of the day we have to support the armagh management and the team who they seem fit to do best for armagh! there are one or two on the panel who wouldnt be my choice but i still will go to the games and give them my full support!

Uladh

Onion Bag

Quote from: diesel-smuggler on January 31, 2008, 04:24:58 PM
lads can you just all spare a little thought for shauna mccann (r.i.p)

shauna was a 19 year old and played in goals for carrickcruppen ladies team, she was a university in liverpool and took sick on sunday, she unfortunately died on tuesday.

may she rest in peace!

Jasus thats terrible news, what happened?
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

diesel-smuggler

results from the postmortem came back inconclusive so no one knows!

pintsofguinness

Gander, Hank, AFS, altovito, Real1995, onionbag - out of interest, what club are yous from?

(I don't remember if you said)
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

sean og

prediction for chmp  team.                                                                           
1 hearty
2 mallon
3 o rourke
4 duffy
5 mc keever
6 toner
7 mc keown
8 mc grane
9 lavery
10 b mallon
11 p mc keever
12 a kernan