Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

illdecide

We play in the Ulster Laegue on Sunday and the following 4 Sunday's so i'll miss most of Armagh's league games. Thats the down side of club football and then people moan at you for just attending Championship games but what can you do.

Them season tickets for the league games sound like a good idea. How much are they and do they cover away games too?
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Uladh

Anyone care tohazarda guess at a team for sunday? i understand there are a few injuries including a mallon, c mckeever, a o'rourke, c vernon, m o'rourke.

McKinney, moriarty, mcnulty, McCoy, Duffy, Quinn, shannon, McGrane, Loughran, o'rourke, mallon, courtney, mcdonnell, clarke, mckeever.

?

bennydorano

Don't liek the look of your half back line Uladh, but there's prob not a big pile else that can be done under the circumstances.

Did I see that the game on TG4 as the second game??  I hardly get up either as the Harps are playing Senior & B games in teh Ulster League, weather permitting.

Hank Everlast

The backs are a bit depleated at the minute, i think that was the main reason that 8 under 21s were called in, the majority being backs...

McKinney,
moriarty,
Donaghy
McCoy,
Duffy,
Quinn,
??
McGrane,
Loughran, o neill
o'rourke,
mallon,
Loughran
mcdonnell,
clarke,
mckeever

i heard the other day that toner is also back from australia!

lurganblue

Quote from: illdecide on January 29, 2008, 10:19:26 AM
We play in the Ulster Laegue on Sunday and the following 4 Sunday's so i'll miss most of Armagh's league games. Thats the down side of club football and then people moan at you for just attending Championship games but what can you do.

Them season tickets for the league games sound like a good idea. How much are they and do they cover away games too?

you only get accused of that on orchard county illdecide... because your not fully supporting the "legends"

illdecide

Quote from: lurganblue on January 29, 2008, 02:00:26 PM
Quote from: illdecide on January 29, 2008, 10:19:26 AM

you only get accused of that on orchard county illdecide... because your not fully supporting the "legends"

your prob right son. It's good to have you back on the board ;) Does your woman know? ;D
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

winsamsoon

That's the stuff get into him :D :D :D :D :D

Here dome driver is there any fantasy football on this site for the national leagues games?
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

Sandy Hill

Quotei heard the other day that toner is also back from australia!

True, and as far as I know he's returning/has returned to training with the County team!
"Stercus accidit"

Real1995

Going in to the first real competitive match in my eyes of 2008, i am really interesting to see the selection of what i would call 'Our problem Line', - the half forward line.  Personally i still feel John Mac would be my center half forward any day, but for one reason or another through club commitments / retirement we have to look else where, for now (Hoping Peter can persuade him out of inter county retirement of course)

My suggestion would be to play Stephen McDonnell there...Now before i get counter arguments of, why move him when he is doing well where he is ect....For me stephen McDonnell is a class act, a proven goal scorer, but there is much more to his game.   We need to bring a freshness to that area of the field and also a little bit of steel and drive i think.  So the half forward line i would like to see would be;

10. Gregory Loughran
11. Stephen McDonnell
12. Charlie Vernon

What would your half forward line be, because surely this is an area we have got to improve in?
Nice guys always finish second!

corn02

There will be no chance of McEntee coming out of retirment.

The team I would like to see  tried on Sunday taking into account injuries.

McKinney
Mallon McNulty Moriarty
Duffy Vernon Shannon
Courtney McGrane
O Rourke Mallon Loughran
McDonnell ONeill McKeever

Against the Breeze

Heres my tuppence worth

McKinney
Mallon
Moriarty
Duffy
Ferris
Vernon
Shannon
O'Neill
McGrane
Loughran
Mallon
Courtney
Stevie
Clarke
Dune Eile

I think a view of these is injured and remember reading a post earlier saying Aidan O'Rourke and Ciaran McKeever were injured.  I know what they do need, Firepower up front!

Apologies Corn I meant to put that in... Prob start Paddy McKeever in that case lol

corn02

Jeus we are good but not that good against the breeze, I would surely play 15.

winsamsoon

Lads i know you have to be optimistic but in my opinion there are some player named here that just wouldn't cut it. The likes of Mc nulty and the older members of the squad can be given a bye ball because we know that they willl come good because they are tried and tested. Even though some of them may be struggling at present they will be there come summer. But there are other guys there who have done nothing at club level or any other level but suddenly have appeared in our top lists of players in the county. I am not naming any names specifically because then it will look like personal attacks and vedeta's but i am simply saying that some of the guys on this panel are in no way worthy of a place on a county squad, unless stevie wonder was picking the team then thay would be another story..

On a lighter note is there a fantasy footy link for the national  league campaign the year????????
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

Onion Bag

I keep hearing everyone talking about the injured list, who exactly does this include, I have been out of the picture a while, just home from OZ so i missed the entire Mc kenna Cup,
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

Onion Bag

Quote from: Against the Breeze on January 29, 2008, 08:26:30 PM
Heres my tuppence worth

McKinney
Mallon
Moriarty
Duffy
Ferris
Vernon
Shannon
O'Neill
McGrane
Loughran
Mallon
Courtney
Stevie
Clarke

I think a view of these is injured and remember reading a post earlier saying Aidan O'Rourke and Ciaran McKeever were injured.  I know what they do need, Firepower up front!

Looks reasonable enough Againstthebreeze, but we would probably be safer starting with 15 players, you are talking about firepower up front, yet you only named 5 forwards
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!