Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

laughinpaddy

Peader has a broken ankle and will be out for up to 6 months.  Nippy is still training with the panel and can be called upon at anytime.
I ain't gettin on no plane!

BenDover

Quote from: Candyman on January 24, 2008, 11:53:25 AM
Ben I think Goats is talking about the county panel..... not the Ballycrummy 5 GFC!!!  ;)

Yes I gathered that Candyman, did i hear the off season has been very kind to your good self??

Candyman

eh??? totally lost now, care to elaborate?

winsamsoon

Full back this argument about amalgamations has cropped up before. No one will criticise teams being out together to ensure lads have a game of football. However the sysytem of almalgamations are badly exploited. To the point were we see amalgamated teams sitting with 16-17 subs on the bench for some games. This is particularly hard on the smaller clubs who manage to put the effort in to scrap together 16 or 17 of a panel only to be trounced by an almalgamated team. Someone there mentioned that this new amalgamation involved "Newtown". I don't know what sort of catchment area Newtown have but this is a club whose senior team were recently in the senior championship and divison one. How do you think lower divisional teams would feel when they are beaten by a team like Newtown being allowed to strengthen with another team. If there is a massive need for young players to amalgamate then they could possible transfer out temporarily to some other clubs in their local area until the time comes when they can field their own team. If this were the case i can guarantee that each club would soon stop the almagamations as they would lose all their players to other clubs.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

illdecide

Quote from: Candyman on January 24, 2008, 02:57:06 PM

We hear you put on 2 stone over the winter ;) :D :P
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Candyman

Quote from: illdecide on January 24, 2008, 03:32:41 PM
Quote from: Candyman on January 24, 2008, 02:57:06 PM

We hear you put on 2 stone over the winter ;) :D :P
When did you get in on the act i'll decide???  ;)
News to me, but if i did i must have borrowed it from Ben (or maybe Hank  ;))

illdecide

Just having a bit of craic Candyman as every other topic is boring. It's me who put the 2 stone on, god help the first fella i fall on during the league

Candyman

when we play yous' will i know you from the tight fitting jersey or will i just start shouting your name????  ;D

illdecide

Well the top was tight last year so it will be like blue skin on me this year :D  In fairness i don't see me playing to many games this year as i've another role on the team but if them we feckers don't cut it i'll have the trackie off and the gut out shouting to big Sam McClatch :D

feetofflames

Dont want to ruin your days ladsa but theres talk of PTG making a comeback in Tyrone....
Chief Wiggum

MOJO

Never mind about Tyrone, what about the state of club football in Armagh. The County Board refuse to divise a system that truly reflect teams capabilities. Our Intermediate, Junior, Minor & U-21 Championships are a complete joke 'Cross Vs Grange' (U-21 I think) is one noteable match-up. If proof is needed take a look at last years opening round results of these underage competitions. Surely for Club football to prosper we need a total overhaul of  how these competitions are decided.

Donagh

Quote from: illdecide on January 24, 2008, 05:03:16 PM
Well the top was tight last year so it will be like blue skin on me this year :D  In fairness i don't see me playing to many games this year as i've another role on the team but if them we feckers don't cut it i'll have the trackie off and the gut out shouting to big Sam McClatch :D

Was reading about your new role in the Liar there. Too many chiefs was always the problem with the Lurgan Blues. I take it Bumpy is still going to be playing?

illdecide

Quote from: Donagh on January 24, 2008, 05:22:23 PM
Quote from: illdecide on January 24, 2008, 05:03:16 PM

Was reading about your new role in the Liar there. Too many chiefs was always the problem with the Lurgan Blues. I take it Bumpy is still going to be playing?

O yes he'll def be playing. Sorry but i refuse to read that sh1te in the Liar as Eugene Creaney knows more about a Pan Loaf

pintsofguinness

Quote from: MOJO on January 24, 2008, 05:22:00 PM
Never mind about Tyrone, what about the state of club football in Armagh. The County Board refuse to divise a system that truly reflect teams capabilities. Our Intermediate, Junior, Minor & U-21 Championships are a complete joke 'Cross Vs Grange' (U-21 I think) is one noteable match-up. If proof is needed take a look at last years opening round results of these underage competitions. Surely for Club football to prosper we need a total overhaul of  how these competitions are decided.

Aye but good luck with trying to get anyone to sort it out.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

asitis

rumor has it that a south armagh manager turned down 20,000 a year to manage a club in tyrone . looney.