Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bennydorano

First round of the senior championship in the middle of August are they taking the pish or wha??? >:( >:(

Candyman

Sounds like a right f*ck up to me!!! Senior Final at the end of October which, for me is closed season????
June/July is lost because the competition hasn't even started.... Is there even a logical reason for this???  >:(

Uladh

Quote from: winsamsoon on January 23, 2008, 10:10:58 PM
I confess Uladh i was speed reading and i read your type wrong so shoot me. I am going to wrap this one up as we are at the risk of boring everyone else who doesn't want to talk about the subject. My final say will be that "history may means nada" as you say, but niether does getting beat in 3 finals,  3 semi's and 2 quarters. I will wait for your last words on the subjects.

Of course it doesn't. my point all along being that you were just plain wrong in your facts, and as you now concede this my work is done. it was slow but you got there in the end.

winsamsoon

Here we go with these amalgalmations again. It's a new one every year. Does this happen in a lot of other counties??? Candy your are right there mate June and July will be lost and training from this time of the year becomes pointless because by July the lads will be chomping at the bit and they have nothing to play for until two months down the line. I think it is designed to keep the leagues competitive till the end but it shouldn't be at the cost of the championship. There must be another way.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

Uladh

looking at that schedule there's no point anyone getting onto a field before april

full back

Quote from: winsamsoon on January 24, 2008, 10:27:18 AM
Here we go with these amalgalmations again. It's a new one every year. Does this happen in a lot of other counties???

Winsam, amalgamations are made because clubs simply have not the numbers to field by themselves.
Would you prefer if they droppped out of the competition altogether?

rootthemout

is these dates right? minor championship not starting till sept. u21 starting before it.Doesnt make sense.

bennydorano

Question:

What do you call the big blonde haired midfielder that played along side Neill Smyth for Mullaghbawnin the 90's? think he also got a run for the county in the league.

BenDover

Quote from: Goats Do Shave on January 24, 2008, 08:05:49 AM
Quote from: BenDover on January 23, 2008, 03:24:07 PM
Nippy is def on the NFL panel or else why would he be in LA so much

You must be on the panel yourself then? - Or is it the development squad?  :P

100% correct Goats I eventually made the cut!!!

Candyman

Ben I think Goats is talking about the county panel..... not the Ballycrummy 5 GFC!!!  ;)

stpauls

Quote from: bennydorano on January 24, 2008, 11:38:09 AM
Question:

What do you call the big blonde haired midfielder that played along side Neill Smyth for Mullaghbawnin the 90's? think he also got a run for the county in the league.

i think it is 'Egg' McParland you are thinking of Benny, can't remember his first name but i think it was Colm.

bennydorano

Cheers stpauls, that's him alrite, been bugging me for a while.

Uladh

colm mcparland - previous and recently reappointed mullaghbawn manager.

shane collins always stayed at midfield but himself and smyth rotated between 9 & 11 for different games

SuperHans

Whats up with peader toal these days ? how come hes not on the panel?

machaman

I was wondering about Peadar Toal too.  He was close to starting in recent times and I haven't heard a thing this year.  I'd be very surprised if Nippy and Peadar are dropped.  Any info?