Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goats Do Shave

Quote from: bennydorano on January 17, 2008, 12:38:37 PM
Paul Courtney could turn out to be the best MF option of our current young hopefuls(probably teh most under rated), very good last night v Antrim for QUB, I hope he gets a run inthe NFL, is he still U21 this year?

Nah, he was 21 before the new year. He's a gutsy lad, who'll give his all.

An all Ballyhegan Midfield for the county would be some feit for our club. (It would also be a dissaster!!)

I'd imagine Paul would be behind Lavery in the queue for Floppy's midfield partner though.

QuoteFor those of you had had £7 on Sunday, should Paul Carville have been wearing an orange jersey?

Regardless of his size... Armagh need scoring forwards!

illdecide

Quote from: Napolean on January 17, 2008, 01:00:37 PM
Quote from: illdecide on January 17, 2008, 12:45:34 PM
Quote from: Napolean on January 17, 2008, 11:33:01 AM
Quote from: illdecide on January 17, 2008, 11:20:01 AM
Quote from: Napolean on January 17, 2008, 10:08:54 AM
Illdecide, Now what club r u from?? Im just curious, i have been reading ur posts over the past few weeks, it seems like you should be the one bringing Armagh through this transitional period !!!!

Well i have been known to bring a few teams along and McDonnell could do worse that take me along side him ;) :D

Blue is the colour, that will limit your guess to what club I'm from ;) If you read back a bit further it will reveal all. there is no need for sarcasm during your process of loosing your virginity on the board. i was just stating fact that a lad who is not very good IMO (club or inter county) should be given another chance at the age of 28-29. If you don't agree thats fine thats what the board is for "discussion"

I have to laugh at this cyber Bravado u try and portray illdecide, I think the expexctation levels within armagh are too high, whenever a team had been together for years ( i.e 2002 ), there is going to come a time whenever the backbone to that team moves on or retires, so then its back to the drawings board to select and build on the talent that is coming through!!!!! And so its begins all over again, to try and get a bunch of fellas all wanting the same goal and are prepared to sacrifice anything, Sometimes especially on this site, supposed Armagh gaels think its there god given right to expect silverware year in year out!!! It really doesn't work like that!!!

Well then Napolean you just go ahead and have a laugh ;) :D :D cause i'm having one too :D :D. If you read my post correct then you'd know that i had/have nothing against the young ones getting their chance how else would we find out if they can cut it or not, it's the elder folk that i disagree with getting their chance who have already been tried before and failed and are not even good club players. I wolud say most people on the board would agree with that.

So wind your neck in son ::) ::)

Illdecide, in your well respected opinion, could you tell me what u think constitutes a good club player??? Because in all honestly i think you haven't got a clue!!

There you go thats that sorted "i don't have a clue". ::) ::) Can you tell the difference between a good player and a bad one ???
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

winsamsoon

Paul Carville is a decent club player but imo he wouldn't make it at county standard. What we have to remember is the fact that the standard of football at this early stage and some of the oponents are not up to scratch so it would be easier for some avergae players who have kept themselves fit over the winter to shine. Carville would fit into this bracket but i would say that if he were playing against a kerry side or any half decent senior team he would be very quiet. I'll decide would you stop indulging in that cyber bravado  :D :D :D :D :D :D This is the best laugh i have had in a while.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

Napolean

Quote from: illdecide on January 17, 2008, 02:10:38 PM
Quote from: Napolean on January 17, 2008, 01:00:37 PM
Quote from: illdecide on January 17, 2008, 12:45:34 PM
Quote from: Napolean on January 17, 2008, 11:33:01 AM
Quote from: illdecide on January 17, 2008, 11:20:01 AM
Quote from: Napolean on January 17, 2008, 10:08:54 AM
Illdecide, Now what club r u from?? Im just curious, i have been reading ur posts over the past few weeks, it seems like you should be the one bringing Armagh through this transitional period !!!!

Well i have been known to bring a few teams along and McDonnell could do worse that take me along side him ;) :D

Blue is the colour, that will limit your guess to what club I'm from ;) If you read back a bit further it will reveal all. there is no need for sarcasm during your process of loosing your virginity on the board. i was just stating fact that a lad who is not very good IMO (club or inter county) should be given another chance at the age of 28-29. If you don't agree thats fine thats what the board is for "discussion"

I have to laugh at this cyber Bravado u try and portray illdecide, I think the expexctation levels within armagh are too high, whenever a team had been together for years ( i.e 2002 ), there is going to come a time whenever the backbone to that team moves on or retires, so then its back to the drawings board to select and build on the talent that is coming through!!!!! And so its begins all over again, to try and get a bunch of fellas all wanting the same goal and are prepared to sacrifice anything, Sometimes especially on this site, supposed Armagh gaels think its there god given right to expect silverware year in year out!!! It really doesn't work like that!!!

Well then Napolean you just go ahead and have a laugh ;) :D :D cause i'm having one too :D :D. If you read my post correct then you'd know that i had/have nothing against the young ones getting their chance how else would we find out if they can cut it or not, it's the elder folk that i disagree with getting their chance who have already been tried before and failed and are not even good club players. I wolud say most people on the board would agree with that.

So wind your neck in son ::) ::)

Illdecide, in your well respected opinion, could you tell me what u think constitutes a good club player??? Because in all honestly i think you haven't got a clue!!

There you go thats that sorted "i don't have a clue". ::) ::) Can you tell the difference between a good player and a bad one ???

Nah i couldn't tell you the difference, but in saying that i have never gave a direct opinion as too who was good enough for the county and who wasn't!!
I'll just leave it at that!!! ;)

winsamsoon

Napolean you would be safer leaving it at that because i can hear the boys in Dromintee laughing from here and wait till the silverbridge boys get ribbing ya  :D :D :D. Please stop writing in the quotation form aswell.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

qub la la la

go away napolean. only on and the heads away with it with all this quotation crap.

qub la la la

i think lavery should be given a run in the side come league time. i've always seen both vernon and courtney as half back/half forwards, but both have good hands and are strong lads. will be interesting to see who steps up to make their mark. very early in the year though. and sigerson will be first and foremost for these lasds.

TacadoirArdMhacha

QuoteJust spotted this report on Hogan.  Benny, I presume from your report Courtney was more impressive at midfield than Vernon?

Thought Vernon was the more impressive of the two myself. Would expect Charlie to play a prominent part for Armagh in the league and championship. I've watched Courtney for Queens this past few years - a good footballer, decent lad and very hardworking but I'm not fit he's up to county standard. Vernon is the better prospect I think.

Interesting to see Paul Carville featuring again. Is he long back from England? I remember him absolutely destroying us in a county final as an u16.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

corn02

Naoplean Illdecide told you he was a blue ok, a Dromintee man through and through so lay off.

Vernon definetely the better prospect, plenty of talent coming through in Armagh Football. Can not understand people thinking Armagh football is doomed.

crossfire

Did paul courtney play in goals for armagh minors  4 or 5 years ago ?

Against the Breeze

Quote from: bennydorano on January 17, 2008, 12:38:37 PM
Paul Courtney could turn out to be the best MF option of our current young hopefuls(probably the most under rated), very good last night v Antrim for QUB, I hope he gets a run in the NFL, is he still U21 this year?

What game were you watching last night? Midfield were QUB was anonymous for  80% of the game with the only one shining round the middle was Aodhan Gallaghar.  They wouldn't be my first choice in running for Partnering McGrane.  From Sunday I would think McDonnell would strongly be considering O'Neill but its only January and there is a lot of fooball to be played between now and June. 

TacadoirArdMhacha

Lavery and O'Neill are probably the 2 in line for a run in midfield during the league. I'd say Vernon is more likely to end up in the half backs.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

orangeman

Vernon looks a very decent player and should have a long career ahead of him with a bit of luck.

Hank Everlast

id agree with against the breeze in that after sundays performance mcDonnell is bound to be thinkn about trying ONeill around midfield. Lavery should also be given a good rattle at it during the league but i dont think courtney or vernon are there yet!

illdecide

Quote from: corn02 on January 17, 2008, 09:15:34 PM
Naoplean Illdecide told you he was a blue ok, a Dromintee man through and through so lay off.

Vernon definetely the better prospect, plenty of talent coming through in Armagh Football. Can not understand people thinking Armagh football is doomed.

Thanks Lads for the back up. Blue is the colour ;)

The sad thing about this extra mid-field slot is that most of the lads mentioned seem to be on par with each other but still a gear below McGrane, hopefully as some of you have mentioned that someone will step up to the plate and grasp that position. I personaly am not sure i thought Lavery might have it in him but i marked him last year and to be honest i expected more from him (but then again he prob looked at me and thought "f**k i won't have much to do today" ;) :D)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch