Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seanaglis

Quote from: Border Fox on December 20, 2006, 01:20:45 PM
Sam McClatchey is the only man!! well apart from Tony Watters or Martin Hatzer :D :D :D

Ahh....Sam McClatchey! hit a man a box in the mouth and he waves play on!!! but as soon as you open your mouth to him he will move frees up half the length of the pitch!!

brokencrossbar1

I used to love seeing Sam coming out to ref a game.  Sam and I had a great understanding.  I loved seeing him lifting the ball against some shower of whinging hoors, (not pointing at Dromintee at all or the Clans :P) and marching, ball under arm, up the field after he gave a free.  "you keep talking' I'll keep walking"  Legend!

seanaglis

ive heard he was even worse as a player himself! He would have been boxing someone nearly every match

full back

BC1, I would believe without a shadow of a doubt Sam would have loved you on the field. There was no chance of winning soft frees when Sam was about

umgolaarmagh

No giving soft fress would be brendan gormans forte (no pointing at Crossmaglen ;)

Aghdavoyle

Jayz we love getting sam to ref. he suits us down to the ground. if you play the ball he'll not punish you. he wouldn't suit cross now bc with their "new" style of play.

I hear young conlon took the huff?

heganboy

Sam Mc Clatchey and wee Brian Nixon- my 2 favourite refs- spent the entire game between the 50's unless they had to send someone off (that had to be one hell of a flagrant foul) or to move the ball forward - usually at the expense of some fella in white boots and shin pads yappin
Bring back those days.
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

pintsofguinness

Something like that aghdavoyle.  Sure no matter, plenty of good lads to take his place.

Trueblue
Quoteref was seamus o neill and he was the same as in the u21 game because i was playing in both games so i know he was the same ref.
wat about damien mc cann and no 21 coming in to the back of colm watters with ther knees in the first half and brendan bellew grabbing johnny mc geeney by the balls in the 2nd half. also the bridge were never ahead by 2 points at any stage of the match the only lead by a point at the stage u are talking about. anyway we could sit and argue all day about this but it wont make any difference 2 the outcome of the match.
::) What about what about what about? 
I highlighted specific incidents to highlight what a poor game the ref had and if you want to list everything a bridge player done wrong go ahead.
You still never told me what problem you had in the u21 game.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

holylandsniper

Quoteon another issue why was ciaran conlon not playing on sunday? was he even at the game?
It true he was away huffing?
Sorry didnt realise was already mentioned, surely he isnt too good for that,, if the stories are true

On sam, id say he was always delighted to head to portadown and the likes to be ref, as he always loved a good soccer lad.

Armagh Exile

however i do agree with u that the standard of referreing in the county this year has been a joke with numerous games being abandoned and mass brawls etc so that area has 2 be seriously looked at for next year.

Care to elaborate True Blue?

Blue is the colour

Pint of guinness u keep harping on about the ref in the culloville game and how poor he was, but ta tel u the truth it wouldnt have mattered who was d ref, it still wouldn't have changed the result or the 6 point margin. I agree referees do have to be more consistent with their decisions but look at the facts the bridge and culloville met 5 time this year in the seniors.
1st game in d championship was a draw. The bridge won the replay . we met 3 times in the league and we won all of those encounters, So suggest u take a leaf out of other Silverbridge players books and be more Gracious in defeat no one likes sour grapes.

winsamsoon

Sam Mc Clatchey is an absolute disgrace of a referee. A referee should be fit and able to run and keep up with play, sam ain't. He is liked by south Armagh culties who are just big ignorant players with no particular skill ( that ain't the majority of south Armagh players). Ask Oisin Mc conville or Diarmuid Marsden if they like Sam and they will just laugh. Sam will let a game flow but in doing so he will miss a hell of a lot, are you guys seriously saying this is a good thing? A great point was raised there by a person on the board claiming that players wouldn't need to dive if they were protected. This is obvious from where i am sitting. Referees need to be universal and use common sense, You can't have a ref one week that lets everything go and the other week have one that blows for everything. A happy medium has to be found because some players are going to be seriously hurt by this type of  Pat Spillane "thuggery". Armagh county team have suffered from this because intercounty referees no longer let them away with there hard hitting football ( which i see nothing wrong with) The Aussies and the Irish are sitting down to sort out the compromised rules. It is time individual counties did the sameto address the concerns in our own game.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

Border Fox

On a serious matter, can the blues survive in division 1 next year? :'(

winsamsoon

On a serious matter they won't be getting any points from Davitt park
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

Blue is the colour

Quote from: Border Fox on December 21, 2006, 11:32:34 AM
On a serious matter, can the blues survive in division 1 next year? :'(

I'd b hopeful that we can stay up in d1 nxt yr the only way we'll know is 2 go up and c. The only way a club can grow and develop is to keep progressing up the divisions playing bigger and better teams. Its a young squad so it will be intresting 2 c how they adjust to the increased pace but i can tel ya ever1 is lookin forward ta it.