Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Broken_Cross

Quote from: illdecide on January 11, 2008, 10:44:39 AM
1st Training session this sunday :'( It's strange because your looking forward to it and dreading it at the same time. This will be my last year playing although i don't expect to figure in to many games as there are some good young fellas coming through who needs the games more than i need them. Hopefully i will be giving out more orders than receiving them ;) ;)

I assume all the teams around the country will be starting soon???

How young are you?

illdecide

Quote from: Hank Everlast on January 11, 2008, 01:08:33 PM
ill decide, from wat ive heard ur boots and a few of the other (lets say more mature players) may get more footy than u expect this year!! sure did the 93/94 team not beat the youngers lads there on boxing day?!?!

thats correct Hank, the 94 team beat the current team by 6pts i think. It's hard to beat class ;) :D

I seriously hope and expect a few younger ones to be coming through this year but i suppose if they are not cutting it the tracksuit will have to come off.

Broken cross I'm 34 years young and at the wrong end of the old scales. To many chocolate fingers (if you read Brendan Crossan's article in today Irish News you'll know what I'm talking about)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

john mcgill

Illdecide, is Barry McCabe still involved with the Clans.  I played with him in London in the twilight (actually the darkness) of my footballing time.  He was one of the fittest men I have ever met and a gentleman to boot.

stiffler

Any one know is Aidan Farrell the new Tir Na Nog manager?
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

Donagh

Quote from: illdecide on January 11, 2008, 02:07:34 PM
ill decide, from wat ive heard ur boots and a few of the other (lets say more mature players) may get more footy than u expect this year!! sure did the 93/94 team not beat the youngers lads there on boxing day?!?!

thats correct Hank, the 94 team beat the current team by 6pts i think. It's hard to beat class ;) :D

I seriously hope and expect a few younger ones to be coming through this year but i suppose if they are not cutting it the tracksuit will have to come off.

Broken cross I'm 34 years young and at the wrong end of the old scales. To many chocolate fingers (if you read Brendan Crossan's article in today Irish News you'll know what I'm talking about)

Ach Dom you've a bit a football left in ya yet...

corn02

Championship draw is on the Monday.

Ach Win did we not fall out about something must of been the 'penalty' incident ha.

Broken_Cross

Quote from: illdecide on January 11, 2008, 02:07:34 PM

I turn 31 this month and will return to club football after a 13 year break! saw the chocolate fingers piece but would say those guys should stick to exercise on the playstation.

Orior

It was never going to happen, but if Armagh had met Queens in the semi, would Aidan O'Rouke being shouting at Queens players "Mark me, mark me, hit me hard!"?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Orior

downtown

any1 here anything on the armagh game?? wen is the panel being cut?

Orior

The guy at the gate says £7. I gasped, and starting fingering thru change and he says "ah sure a fiver will do". Orior 1 up.

The programme cost £2.

Davitt Park was in terrible condition, and players sliding all over the place, but sure, I thought St Marys coped with it better. For long periods of the game they played pocession football in the Armagh half. I thought our midfield were poor. No clean catches (ok, not a day for such) but too often instead of a quick release the player turned back into trouble.

Good to see Phillip Loughran on the field again (came on for an injured player).

McVeigh from St Marys did what every gael outside of Armagh wanted to do - he floored Martin O'Rourke with a massive gentle shove. McVeigh was already on a yellow, so I reckon he had drawn the short straw before the match. Dont know why Martin came on at full forward and Kevin went out to the half. Maybe Martin was not fully fit.

I thought Martin Ferris did well, as did Paddy McKeever who for me was the only player to shine. Aidan O'Rouke did a good job, along with McKinney in goals.

pintsofguinness

Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Uladh

sarsfields. how do you know about him pints?

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Uladh on January 13, 2008, 08:04:17 PM

sarsfields. how do you know about him pints?
How do I know about him?  he's mentioned on orchardcounty as having scored 1-2.
I wonder is he the boy they were reaving about having scored a load in division 3 last year??
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

bennydorano

Paul Carville(portydown) 0-6 today and has been scoring freely throughout the McKenna cup, a great wee player, maybe a bit short in stature for county fiball.