Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

illdecide

Well first of all i didn't buy him a pint (i'm to tight for that craic ;)) I had a pint in his company. Secondly you can't expect me to hate someone just because you hate him or because he done something to someone else/club.

I know what your saying about how could you expect to forgive when people carry out such actions on the field but these things happen i have been involved in free for all's through the years and believe me many a thump i have thrown and recieved but i have played against these guys the year after and what do you do you just have to shake his hand and get on with it, ok you might have it in the back of your mind that if a 50/50 tackle comes along and the sitution presents it's self then you take the middle out of him fairly may i add but thats Gaelic Football. Deal with it.

On another point which is what i would have done if Mr McKeever or anyone else for that matter was bullying my team mates i would have been over protecting them (especially guys on the young/light size). And these guys are playing senior football for god's sake many a more hit they'll get and dish out so what do you do....

(and i'm not trying to wind you up)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Goats Do Shave

To change the subject...

How will the Ogs fair out this year with conceivably 6/7 county panelists??

I know it is detriment to Ballyhegan with the 2 men (Possibly 3 this year!  :o )

bennydorano

What's the story with Courtney, is he on(or likely to be invited onto) the Armagh senior panel?

ardmhaca08

if thats paul your talking about? he's with his university at the minute but should be on the panel after i wud say!

winsamsoon

Sure they have always had 6/7 on the county panel and still done nought. Sure enough they have county panellists but are they really county standard???? This is an open question i will pass judgement after i see the replies.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

topgun

if theres 6/7 ogs men on the panel come the championship or even the league god help armagh i certainty wouldnt be expecting much of them this year
a prophet is not recognised by his own

pintsofguinness

Quote from: diesel-smuggler on January 08, 2008, 03:14:55 PM
pints no disrespect to you or any member of silverbridge, no disrespect to ciaran mckeever or any member of cullyhanna but i can almost certainly confirm that everyone who post messages on the armagh page of this site is sick to the back teeth of you going on about ciaran mckeever and a row that happened in a match 18 months ago!

it would certainly be appreciated if you are to continue your hatredness for ciaran mckeever and cullyhanna if you would set-up a seperate post for you to continue your campaign there!

QuoteYou'll get me accused of going on about Cullyhanna now and you started it.
Look at that illdecide, I'm psychic!

DS, would you mind telling me who first mentioned the incident with Cullyhanna and the 'Bridge?
Was it me or was it illdecide?
No harm to you but I could take you more seriously if you didn't stop posting when Cruppen's promotion hopes ended.

winsam
QuoteOn the point of fearing for a club mates life i would say that illdecide certainly has. Myself and him witnesses the eager beaver of Dromintee nearly ending the life of Phillip Oldham. That night i thought he was dead as i saw him with his eyes rolling in his head. I won't go on about the incident any more but i certainly wouldn't forgive him for what he did. But i also wouldn't keep going on about it at every single opportunity.
I was think about that after I posted actually and even that was a debatable accident (I know you don't believe that)/ rush of blood to the head when the incidents I'm talking about wasn't but your comments have proved my earlier point to illdecide. 
With regards to me bringing the incident up, I was answering illdecide.  You yourself have brought incidents up from championships thirty years ago to penalties not being awarded a few years back and I don't mind that - it adds the craic - but for some reason I can't comment on something that happened 16 months ago even when it was in relation to something someone else said.
What's with that?

illdecide
I know what your saying about how could you expect to forgive when people carry out such actions on the field but these things happen i have been involved in free for all's through the years and believe me many a thump i have thrown and recieved but i have played against these guys the year after and what do you do you just have to shake his hand and get on with it, ok you might have it in the back of your mind that if a 50/50 tackle comes along and the sitution presents it's self then you take the middle out of him fairly may i add but thats Gaelic Football. Deal with it.
I agree with what you're saying but again, you fail to understand what happened that day, it wasn't like any other row on a football field.  Maybe some of the rest of the 'bridge boys are more forgiving, they probably are actually but that's my feelings on it. 
We probably should leave it there as those, who can only post when their teams are doing well, will get annoyed. 
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

TacadoirArdMhacha

QuoteI never knew he was a newtown man either until that game.
He tends to move around clubs a lot - you'll normally find him playing for whoever the 'bridge is playing against.

Yes Pints, I can imagine it now - Ollie sitting in his Belleeks lair tending to his moustache and plotting the downfall of Silverbridge for another season.

Would ya wise up - he makes a few mistakes as a referee right enough and I've said that to him in the past but he's basically a dacent fella and does his best. I'm sure if we go through the pages of this thread he's not the first referee to meet your displeasure.

And there's probably enough in your posts about Ciaran McKeever to keep a Physcology student going for months  ;)
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

pintsofguinness

A lot of referees are just bad tac. Ollie, i believe, is the only one that is a cheat.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Seany

SOrry lads, but as one who was there and not a silverbridge man, I have to agree with pints on this one.  We should never ever allow ourselves to forget what happened in Cross that day as an example of how wrong the whole GAA thing can get when utter thugs form themselves into a club.  Cullyhanna are at it this years.  McKeever is a dirty cynical bad bastard as is Casey and his da and all belonging to him.  How can we say anything else.  Jesus, look at the evidence.  How many examples do we need of what these boys have done for us to stand up to them .  There is a general brutality in that club that cant even put them together for a charity night in their own club without them knocking seven bells of shite out of one another. 

qub la la la

dont think the latter part of that is appropriate for this thread or the gaa board as a whole seany.

Legs11

Quote from: Seany on January 08, 2008, 09:43:22 PM
SOrry lads, but as one who was there and not a silverbridge man, I have to agree with pints on this one.  We should never ever allow ourselves to forget what happened in Cross that day as an example of how wrong the whole GAA thing can get when utter thugs form themselves into a club.  Cullyhanna are at it this years.  McKeever is a dirty cynical bad bastard as is Casey and his da and all belonging to him.  How can we say anything else.  Jesus, look at the evidence.  How many examples do we need of what these boys have done for us to stand up to them .  There is a general brutality in that club that cant even put them together for a charity night in their own club without them knocking seven bells of shite out of one another. 

agree wit ya there seany but its time we move on tat fella just loves people talkin bout him he thrives on bein a hatefull **** so lets just leave it at tat ok :-\

Legs11

Quote from: qub la la la on January 08, 2008, 10:04:45 PM
dont think the latter part of that is appropriate for this thread or the gaa board as a whole seany.

Well said qub

holylandsniper

QuoteA lot of referees are just bad tac. Ollie, i believe, is the only one that is a cheat.

People in glass houses should never.........
Look closer to home at refs and you'll find equally as bad if not worse!!!!

winsamsoon

Your right pints your are entitled to your opinion like everyone else on any issue you want and it doesn't bother me if you talk about the incident all year round. If i don't choose to get into it (as i wasn't there) i can just ignore it. But if i choose to comment on some aspects then i can if i wish ( and i am not saying that you said i couldn't) The comment regarding Paul Quinn is an absolute disgrace Seany. Will you ever catch yourself on and have some respect and dignity for the Dead. The lad is dead and i am sure if any of his family saw what you had written they would be completely appauled. Shame on you.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.