Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

qub la la la

Quote from: ardmhaca08 on January 07, 2008, 07:23:02 PM
Quote from: qub la la la on January 07, 2008, 07:19:40 PM
bridge for promotion this year pints? behind the crups of course...

pfffff  ;D

well i cant see the teams coming down being much stronger than anything division 2 had to offer last year. the teams gone up, killeavy and cullyhanna are definately more difficult opponents than whitecross and tir na nog. Newtown are a handy side at home and could get up a head of steam, providing they dont lose young o'rourke to the county panel.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: qub la la la on January 07, 2008, 07:34:52 PM
Quote from: ardmhaca08 on January 07, 2008, 07:23:02 PM
Quote from: qub la la la on January 07, 2008, 07:19:40 PM
bridge for promotion this year pints? behind the crups of course...

pfffff  ;D

well i cant see the teams coming down being much stronger than anything division 2 had to offer last year. the teams gone up, killeavy and cullyhanna are definately more difficult opponents than whitecross and tir na nog. Newtown are a handy side at home and could get up a head of steam, providing they dont lose young o'rourke to the county panel.

I was very surprised with Newtown last year, they really aren't that strong.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

qub la la la

they had a shaky start but put a good run together midway through the season to the end. south armagh teams will dominate again, its a pity you have to travel to lurgan a few times a year. puts an awful dint in the pintin time of a sunday afternoon. a few tins in the car on the way home just isnt the same.

corn02

TacadoirArdMhacha

Only team in Division 2 to beat St Pat's in 2007!
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

qub la la la

Quote from: corn02 on January 07, 2008, 08:30:11 PM
You are well use to it QUB.

you would know corn, u've been to many a party that ive been at.

corn02

Indeed I have LALALA and speaking of which you fancy a few pints on wed in the hat, you in bfast?

qub la la la

i will be, working to half 5 but will be free after that for a few pints of stout. u for the botanic inn or a "quiet one"?

pintsofguinness

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on January 07, 2008, 08:51:03 PM

Only team in Division 2 to beat St Pat's in 2007!

So?
Ollie Hearty give them a point in the 'bridge and the bridge beat them by 5 points in Newtown.  I just expected them to be a lot stronger, weren't they 4th from bottom when they went down?  I thought that spoke volumes about division 1.

Corn and qub, will yous arrange your date somewhere else.

illdecide

Quote from: qub la la la on January 07, 2008, 08:04:38 PM
they had a shaky start but put a good run together midway through the season to the end. south armagh teams will dominate again, its a pity you have to travel to lurgan a few times a year. puts an awful dint in the pintin time of a sunday afternoon. a few tins in the car on the way home just isnt the same.

You only think you have it bad going to Lurgan a few times a year. Try going to South Armagh almost every second Sunday or worse still a Friday night and then you'll know what loosing pinting time is like :'( :'(.

Good man Pints, i was trying to wind you up slightly ;) but at the same time you really need to forgive and forget. Remember the old saying "what happens on the field stays on the field" Jasus if you were to fall out with every one you hit or hits you no-one outside of Clan na Gael would talk to me (no smart remarks please) but you get my drift. I know men who are the nicest gentlemen you could meet of the pitch but once they're on the field of play they are the dirtest and hardest Bas***ds you could meet.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Armagh Exile

QuoteOllie Hearty give them a point in the 'bridge and the bridge beat them by 5 points in Newtown.

Pints,
I never knew there was a Hearty playing of St Michael's.  Is he any relation to the referee of the same name?

pintsofguinness

QuotePints,
I never knew there was a Hearty playing of St Michael's.
I never knew he was a newtown man either until that game.
He tends to move around clubs a lot - you'll normally find him playing for whoever the 'bridge is playing against.

illdecide
Good man Pints, i was trying to wind you up slightly Wink but at the same time you really need to forgive and forget. Remember the old saying "what happens on the field stays on the field" Jasus if you were to fall out with every one you hit or hits you no-one outside of Clan na Gael would talk to me (no smart remarks please) but you get my drift. I know men who are the nicest gentlemen you could meet of the pitch but once they're on the field of play they are the dirtest and hardest Bas***ds you could meet.
That might be fine to a certain extent but what happened that day in Cross had nothing to do with football and I know that unless you were there you'll find it very hard to understand. 
Tell me illdecide, would you go drinking with someone who 15 seconds after throw in ran 20 yards and hit a 17 year old club mate of yours, who was bending for the ball, as hard as he could in an attempt take him out of the game,  like McKeever did in the first game?
Or how about someone who spat a ball of phlegm at a 20 year old club mate of yours as McKeever did?
Does a "good lad" go to a game and threaten county board officials? 
And when you talk about forgiving and forgetting come back to me when you've actually feared for players lives on a football field or when you see a 19 year old get his head repeatedly stamped on, but you'd buy the culprit a pint? 

You'll get me accused of going on about Cullyhanna now and you started it.

diesel-smuggler

pints no disrespect to you or any member of silverbridge, no disrespect to ciaran mckeever or any member of cullyhanna but i can almost certainly confirm that everyone who post messages on the armagh page of this site is sick to the back teeth of you going on about ciaran mckeever and a row that happened in a match 18 months ago!

it would certainly be appreciated if you are to continue your hatredness for ciaran mckeever and cullyhanna if you would set-up a seperate post for you to continue your campaign there!

ardmhaca08

Quote from: diesel-smuggler on January 08, 2008, 03:14:55 PM
it would certainly be appreciated if you are to continue your hatredness for ciaran mckeever and cullyhanna if you would set-up a seperate post for you to continue your campaign there!

here here d-s!

winsamsoon

On the point of fearing for a club mates life i would say that illdecide certainly has. Myself and him witnesses the eager beaver of Dromintee nearly ending the life of Phillip Oldham. That night i thought he was dead as i saw him with his eyes rolling in his head. I won't go on about the incident any more but i certainly wouldn't forgive him for what he did. But i also wouldn't keep going on about it at every single opportunity. When we play dromintee now it does add a little spice( as if there wasn't anyway) but i personally would never go out to do him any harm. It happened and it was wrong and scary but the show must go on. If you are asking would i have a pint with the Beaver, certainly i would however i would also tell him before he swallowed it that he was big time out of order that day. If i got that opportunity. I know this board is for discussions and i keep seeing people type criticisms to pints about the issue which to a certain extent is wrong, but he is entitled to his opinion. But Pints is there any chance you could refrain from the temptaions??? It is for your own peace on this thread. If you feel so strongly about it go and see Mc Keever and tell the mare what you think of him personally he doesn't live a million miles away from you.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.