Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Legs11

Quote from: pintsofguinness on January 06, 2008, 01:20:04 PM
Dont think mallon has the physical presence for centre half back. Seen moriarty getting roasted on a couple of occasions in the second division last year too. Dont think o'hare is a central player either, but he definately deserves a run in the team. We'll see who lines out later. Would be very suprised if the line up is as above!

Agree on Moriarty, I think only for his Da's record he wouldn't be there.  Seen him in division 2 and he was very poor, you'd have a hard time picking him out as a county player.

poor county player seen alot better in division 1 and2 this year.....

Out in Front

Joe Brolly will also be part of the panel for the Gaelic Life GAA Q & A Night in the Canal Court Hotel, Newry, on February 6.

So that's: Joe Kernan, Joe Brolly, Jarlath Burns and Sean Kelly (there may be one more) plus Mark Sidebottom as MC

Gaelic Life GAA Q & A NIGHT
In association with the Newry Reporter
In aid of the 
SOUTHERN AREA HOSPICE SERVICES

In the CANAL COURT HOTEL, NEWRY
On WEDNESDAY FEBRUARY 6, 2008
@ 7.45pm - TICKETS £10

MC for the evening, the BBC's MARK SIDEBOTTOM

Taking your questions will be
JARLATH BURNS, JOE KERNAN, JOE BROLLY & SEAN KELLY
(with may be one more)

Tickets can be purchased in advance from the following:
Darren / Mairead, Gaelic Life, 14 John Street, Omagh, BT78 1DW. Tel: 028 8225 5959
Paul Welsh, Newry Reporter, 4 Margaret Street, Newry, BT35 1DF. Tel: 028 3026 7633

(please make cheque payable to Southern Area Hospice Services)

Seany

I just hope the established boys ar eback on board soon because what we saw today was complete dung of the highest order.  They just stopped in the second half and succumbed to Derry without even a fight.  Kieran McKeever's contribution? Two solo runs where he handed the ball back to Derry and as Pints says, a knee in the chest to a young lad.  A total gypsy.

winsamsoon

I heard on the grapevine clarke wAs indeed in hospital with concussion but it was nothing to do with football. I heard two brothers gave him a hiding when he wen to one of their aids, but i don't know howtruthful it is. The performance today was totally rubbish and i was looking at the bench and seeing climpsesof guys from Sarsfields and lesser teams and wondering how the fcuk my own club team don't get more call ups. On paper my own club would be in the top 5 or 6 in my eyes anyway and i know for a fact that we have lad that have far more footballing ability than some of those guys standing their today. I am sure all clubs have. I have played against decent players who have never got a chance to represent Armagh and this is totally wrong. The game now is getting that decent ball players and skillful payers are being overlooked to bring in ogres, who certainly would slog and run all night but if you opened the gate they would run out. The best footballer on show today at Davitt was Enda Flynn of Derry. A great skillfull players who ran rings around armagh. Though his acceptance speech for getting man of the man was absolutely hillarious, hillarious, hillarious but that's just great. Anyone who seen it will know what i mean. Oh and watch out for the halifax scammers :) ;)
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

screenmachine

twas a hilarious acceptance speech alright, "It was just great to be running around out there, just great!" I was in stitches for about half an hour afterwards!
I'm gonna punch you in the ovary, that's what I'm gonna do. A straight shot. Right to the babymaker.

Hank Everlast

the bit of a stutter that he had also added to the comedy effect of his speech!!

As for armaghs display, woeful is the only word... no one displayed any leadership and there was no direction to their play watsoever.
Enda flynn was very good in the second half but i thought he didnt do a whole pile wen marked by mccoy in the first half!
I thot mccoy, quinn and loughran showed the best out of the newcomers!

illdecide

I agree with all your comments the less said about that game the better. Mckeever's not a bad player but why he has to do stupid things like that is beyond me (i know thats not the first time he's done it) and what Winsam says is correct i beleive the Clans have 2-3 lads that would have done a job out there yesterday infact if i'm not called up for next week i'll be well pissed off ;) ;).

As for that guy Darragh Edwards he is brutal and i'm not just saying it on yesterdays performance the lad is a headless chicken and whoever reccomended him to McDonnell is thick too as he plays for some team in Belfast (i think it's Brolly's team "St Brigs")

And yes beware of the Halifax scam ;)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

gander

I thought Moriarty done well in full back, in the second half anyway for I couldn't see much action in the 1st in Armagh's half.  By the way McKeever put his knee in yer mans face as well, think he's a great player but a pure gypsy on the field.  Dont think he's fit for centre half yet anyway.

Goats Do Shave

Quote from: gander on January 07, 2008, 09:48:08 AM
I thought Moriarty done well in full back, in the second half anyway for I couldn't see much action in the 1st in Armagh's half.  By the way McKeever put his knee in yer mans face as well, think he's a great player but a pure gypsy on the field.  Dont think he's fit for centre half yet anyway.

McKeever is a great tackler, strong on the ball, safe hands, his marking is good & he's quick. 2 Concerns would be his discipline & his distribution. Both of which can be worked on!

winsamsoon

Mc Keever is a good one as goats has said and he is tried and tested. He also points out the fact that his discipline is a major concern but then again so is Paul Mc Granes but he has perfected it over the years. I don't condone the putting the knee into people on the ground this is appauling and there is no place for it on any field (ps i never saw the incident myself)
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

mackers

Ciaran McKeever is Armagh's best back by a country mile, think his distribution is top notch along with his tackling and man-to-man marking, but he HAS to cut the dirt out, he now has been playing senior inter-county football for two full years and should have got sense by now.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

gander

I agree with all that, he is a great defender but just doesn't have the discipline for CHB.  Not yet anyway.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: mackers on January 07, 2008, 11:07:56 AM
Ciaran McKeever is Armagh's best back by a country mile, think his distribution is top notch along with his tackling and man-to-man marking, but he HAS to cut the dirt out, he now has been playing senior inter-county football for two full years and should have got sense by now.

People have tried to talk to him before about the dirt but it fell on deaf ears.

I agree with all your comments the less said about that game the better. Mckeever's not a bad player but why he has to do stupid things like that is beyond me (i know thats not the first time he's done it) and what Winsam says is correct i beleive the Clans have 2-3 lads that would have done a job out there yesterday infact if i'm not called up for next week i'll be well pissed off
He was a great fella last week  ;)
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

el_cuervo_fc

Mckeever is a very good defender in my opinion.  He's doing himself no favours at the minute though.  He's just going to make his reputation worse and referees will soon expect it from him and show him no leniency in debatable situations.  There was no call for the knee incident yesterday.  It's something that will need to be stamped out of his game or it will end up costing Armagh

illdecide

Quote from: pintsofguinness on January 07, 2008, 12:26:30 PM
Quote from: mackers on January 07, 2008, 11:07:56 AM

People have tried to talk to him before about the dirt but it fell on deaf ears.

I agree with all your comments the less said about that game the better. Mckeever's not a bad player but why he has to do stupid things like that is beyond me (i know thats not the first time he's done it) and what Winsam says is correct i beleive the Clans have 2-3 lads that would have done a job out there yesterday infact if i'm not called up for next week i'll be well pissed off
He was a great fella last week  ;)

Fair play to ya Pints. He still is a good lad, i rightly criticised him for his action yesterday and i had one of the best views of it as i was close to it at that side of the pitch but that won't change my opinion of him nor would it if he was a Bridge player. You just can't stand the fella because of that incident years ago that you can't let go, take your Silverbridge glasses off and get over it.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch