Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

topgun

Any thoughts on a team for sunday not many options. dont no wat the team will be but heres one,

1, Ciaran McKinney
                                        2, Finnian Moriarty   3, Brendan Donaghy  4, Enda McNulty

5, Paul Duffy          6, Andy Mallon           7, Barry Shannon

8, Paul McGrane
                                                                    9, Ronan Austin

10, Paddy McKeever 11, Liam O'Hare         12, Gregory Loughran

13, Stefan Forker    14, Stevie McDonnell   15, Kevin O'Rourke

BTW Ronan Clarke was in hospital with a concussion on tues night, plus dont  think AOR will start.
a prophet is not recognised by his own

orangeman

M Donnell has come up with a very interesting selection - it looks quite strong on paper.

Is the recall of Aidan O'Rourke not a turn up for the books ?

holylandsniper

Quote1, Ciaran McKinney
                                         2, Finnian Moriarty   3, Brendan Donaghy  4, Enda McNulty

5, Paul Duffy          6, Andy Mallon            7, Barry Shannon

8, Paul McGrane
                                                                     9, Ronan Austin

10, Paddy McKeever, 11 Liam O'Hare         12, Gregory Loughran

13, Stefan Forker    14, Stevie McDonnell   15, Kevin O'Rourke

Is it not best for this competition to rest the above players in bold as they have noting to prove and will be needed later in the year?

Uladh

With the exception of paddy mckeever, thats very true sniper

illdecide

Lads maybe i'm a bit slow but is that team been selected or was that just the team that topgun thought would be playing.

I would agree with Uladh, McKeever needs a toe up the hole or should i say take the finger out first and rest the rest of them lads who we know will do the business for us in spring and summer should have the tracksuit on
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

ardmhachaabu

McGrane will be starting as far as I know because Mackin and Loughran are out due to injury and Vernon, Lavery, Courtney and O'Neill are committed to their respective university sides.  On top of that, obviously the Cross men are ruled out...
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

holylandsniper

Yes thats just topguns team
Aye possibly McKeever, but he hasnt much to prove to me, as i no he isnt worth his place wereas new comers have to prove they worth there place or not. Surely if we're that stuck for players and need to include McGrane why not go back and search for few other club players for McKenna cup and give them a try, noting to loose by that.

Imposerous

For me Ronan Austin would need to have improved immeasurably to be considered a championship panelist. thought several Clans players were better performers last year.  Perhaps Clans men can comment?

Liam O'Hare.  Another who was tried and may be found wanting at the highest level.  Hope to be proved wrong. I've nothing but admiration for guys who leave therir houses on evenings like this to bust their humps for the likes of me to pass comment on them.  Good luck to every squad menber.

illdecide

Quote from: Imposerous on January 04, 2008, 03:30:34 PM
For me Ronan Austin would need to have improved immeasurably to be considered a championship panelist. thought several Clans players were better performers last year.  Perhaps Clans men can comment?

Liam O'Hare.  Another who was tried and may be found wanting at the highest level.  Hope to be proved wrong. I've nothing but admiration for guys who leave therir houses on evenings like this to bust their humps for the likes of me to pass comment on them.  Good luck to every squad menber.

To be honest and i'm a team mate of R Austin i don't think he would/will cut it and i hope i'm wrong because he's a good lad and i'm telling you he has some ability and his fitness levels and speed will not be bettered by many but he like the rest of the younger guys on the panel seem to like and gel well with McDonnell so who knows and i have heard he has being doing extremley well in training.

As for Liam etc i have played againt him several times and man marked him (thats why he got called into the county panel :D) and he is a very good player but i think some of these guys will only be good club players and not top intercounty players, they just seem to lack that we bit of pace and quality to get them out of trouble and away from defenders
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Imposerous

Thanks, Illdecide.

Austin is a big rangy player who may just mature very nicely with age.  He has the height and speed to be versatile in a number of positions- hopefully he'll prove an asset.

Orior

The article in the Irish News states that Stevie McDonnell will not be playing. Stevie also illuded to the fact that he has no idea what tactics will be for the Derry match. I hope that article was written a good while ago, cause I hope the boss would have some sort of game plan.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

qub la la la

Quote from: topgun on January 03, 2008, 04:06:35 PM
Any thoughts on a team for sunday not many options. dont no wat the team will be but heres one,

1, Ciaran McKinney
                                        2, Finnian Moriarty   3, Brendan Donaghy  4, Enda McNulty

5, Paul Duffy          6, Andy Mallon           7, Barry Shannon

8, Paul McGrane
                                                                    9, Ronan Austin

10, Paddy McKeever 11, Liam O'Hare         12, Gregory Loughran

13, Stefan Forker    14, Stevie McDonnell   15, Kevin O'Rourke

BTW Ronan Clarke was in hospital with a concussion on tues night, plus dont  think AOR will start.

Dont think mallon has the physical presence for centre half back. Seen moriarty getting roasted on a couple of occasions in the second division last year too. Dont think o'hare is a central player either, but he definately deserves a run in the team. We'll see who lines out later. Would be very suprised if the line up is as above!

pintsofguinness

Dont think mallon has the physical presence for centre half back. Seen moriarty getting roasted on a couple of occasions in the second division last year too. Dont think o'hare is a central player either, but he definately deserves a run in the team. We'll see who lines out later. Would be very suprised if the line up is as above!

Agree on Moriarty, I think only for his Da's record he wouldn't be there.  Seen him in division 2 and he was very poor, you'd have a hard time picking him out as a county player.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

pintsofguinness

Well done Ciaran McKeever, on a whole 10 minutes before putting his knee in someone's chest.
What a kn**ker.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Legs11

Quote from: pintsofguinness on January 06, 2008, 03:20:26 PM
Well done Ciaran McKeever, on a whole 10 minutes before putting his knee in someone's chest.
What a kn**ker.

agree