Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

illdecide

I actually forgot to mention to pints that i was having a drink with C McKeever on boxing day and i was telling him about pints and the Silverbridge saga. He's not to fussed on the Bridge either, of course i was winding him up a bit ;) :D :D
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

pintsofguinness

Why anyone would want to drink with that kn**ker is beyond me.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Armagh Exile

Aiden O'Rourke to make a surprise appearance at full-back on Sunday.

winsamsoon

AOR enough said, i think we have had the debate about him. Unless Derry bring back big geoffrey mc Conigle we are fucked.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

ardmhachaabu

AOR wasn't named as being part of the panel, would be nice to see him back though
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

asitis

FOR CHRIST SAKE LETS PLAY BENNY O'ROURKE AS WELL

ardmhachaabu

Quote from: asitis on January 02, 2008, 07:52:35 PM
Oh shhh, the OR's are good players otherwise none of them would ever have got putting on a county jersey
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

illdecide

Quote from: ardmhachaabu on January 02, 2008, 10:17:18 PM
Quote from: asitis on January 02, 2008, 07:52:35 PM
Oh shhh, the OR's are good players otherwise none of them would ever have got putting on a county jersey

Agreed they are good players, but how many years is it from Aidan played intercounty football?? Surley this man McDonnell is having a laugh.

As for that kn**ker McKeever he's not a bad lad when you get to know him and in fairness all he called you's was W****rs and left it at that....He didn't go on about it for 2 minutes never mind 2 years ;) :D (only messin Pints)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

SimpleSimon

According to the Irish news, Aidan has been drafted back into the panel.

mackers

Surprised to see A O'Rourke back in the panel but McDonnell did say that anyone who was playing to a high standard in club football would be given a chance. Jury's out though, a very good footballer, would he still have the pace for the inter-county football? He never was the quickest.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

Uladh

Interesting that Aidan is back on the panel. have to say i'm surprised from his and McDonnell's point of view. That said, if you're picking your best players from club football in armagh, he's still in the top 7 or 8 there. county football is a completely diffrent ball game though. McDonnell is surprising a lot of people from what i hear.

ardmhachaabu

McDonnell deserves to be given a chance, if his ideas are wrong, we will soon know

bennydorano

The only role I can genuinely envisage for AOR is a sweeper/free role type job, as I dont think he has the legs for any marking assignments anymore.  Can we afford to do that?(leaving a an opponent free elsewhere) that is the big Q.  Playing a sweeper suggests negativity to me, so I hope not.

Donagh

Quote from: Uladh on January 03, 2008, 10:50:29 AM

Interesting that Aidan is back on the panel. have to say i'm surprised from his and McDonnell's point of view. That said, if you're picking your best players from club football in armagh, he's still in the top 7 or 8 there. county football is a completely diffrent ball game though. McDonnell is surprising a lot of people from what i hear.

In what way Uladh?

ardmhachaabu

From today's Irish News

Former All-Ireland winner Aidan O'Rourke is set to make I a surprise return to the Armagh panel for the forthcoming McKenna Cup campaign. O'Rourke, who also won an Allstar in 2002, will meet up with the squad tonight and will provide Peter McDonnell with some much-needed experience following the retirements of Kieran McGeeney and Diarmaid Mardsen.

The Dromintee man is currently managing Queen's University in the same competition but is expected to be in both camps as the Queen's and Armagh fixtures do not clash. O'Rourke's last appearance for Armagh was as a late substitute in the 2006 Ulster SFC Final victory over Donegal.

O'Rourke has always stated that he was available for selection for Armagh but was surprisingly overlooked for the 2007 campaign. Orchard county boss McDonnell has also revealed that two of his key forwards are close to making a return to action after lengthy absences due to cruciate ligament injuries.

Ronan Clarke has not featured since starting against Kerry in the 2006 All-Ireland quarter-final defeat, while Brian Mallon has not played since coming off the bench in that same game. "Ronan Clarke and Brian Mallon both had similar injuries and the main focus is that they both have a good pre-season before football starts seriously," said McDonnell.

McDonnell is hopeful that both attackers may figure in the forth-coming McKenna Cup campaign which begins with a home game against Derry this Sunday in Lurgan. "If they get the OK, I've no problem playing them, but it's only when the doctor and the senior physios give me that green light that I'll move on it. I'd say they are very close now and hopefully will play a part in the McKenna Cup."

With Clarkie and Mallon back playing, Armagh can't be written off  ;D

I think it's better that the rest of the country thinks they are past it though.  Armagh do better when they are underdogs it seems to me.