Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pintsofguinness

Quotethe goal culloville got just before half time was a big deciding factor in the game and came at a crucial time as the bridge had dominated the first half without scoring very much. however culloville had plenty of chances in the first half with a few missed frees and other point scoring opportunities which were spurned. overall, the better team won on the day
I thought the failure to award Liam Campbell a penalty about 20 minutes in after his leg was near taken off with a foot block was a bigger factor.  Probably one of the worst decisions I've seen this year.  (Ref had a terrible game) We were two points ahead at the time and a converted penalty would have went a long way to winning the game. 
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

holylandsniper

QuoteRef had a terrible game
Doesnt really surprise you does it?
Who was it anyway?

trueblue

Quote from: pintsofguinness on December 18, 2006, 05:55:53 PM
Quotethe goal culloville got just before half time was a big deciding factor in the game and came at a crucial time as the bridge had dominated the first half without scoring very much. however culloville had plenty of chances in the first half with a few missed frees and other point scoring opportunities which were spurned. overall, the better team won on the day
I thought the failure to award Liam Campbell a penalty about 20 minutes in after his leg was near taken off with a foot block was a bigger factor. Probably one of the worst decisions I've seen this year. (Ref had a terrible game) We were two points ahead at the time and a converted penalty would have went a long way to winning the game.

he was the same ref that did the u21 game between the 2 teams about 4 weeks ago and he had a terrible game that day aswell so perhaps he evened things out on sunday. you have a point ther about the penalty but ure clutching at straws really. surely ya cant blame the referee for the fact that the bridge scored 1 point from the 15th minute of the game until the end of the game?and that culloville dominated the whole 2nd period?

BenDover

Taken from the BBC website

Twelve players have been suspended following the fighting which marred November's Ulster Club IFC semi-final between Ballymacnab and Stewartstown.
Four players have been handed massive 36-week bans after an ugly brawl broke out after the match at Casement Park.

The Ulster Council has also fined the clubs £1,675 but they were allowed to stay in the competition and will replay the game which ended in a draw.

Seven Ballymacnab received suspensions along with five from Stewartstown.

Derry champions Coleraine have already qualified for the final.

The Ballymacnab players were - Philip McCone, Dwayne McParland 36 weeks; Stephen Kennedy 12 weeks; Christopher Kennedy, Paul Kennedy, Damien McGeown and Gary McKee eight weeks.

Stewartstown - Anton Coyle, Tony Donnelly 36 weeks; Barry Bleeks 24 weeks; Ryan Small eight weeks and Rory O'Neill four weeks.

Spiritof98

In light of the bans handed out for the battle of Omagh, it seems that the GAA has come down heavy on the lesser teams for a similar incident yet it wasn't by national role models beemed out on national TV, surely something has to be done about the consistancy of bans like this.

Im not condoning the incident.
I'll go back if Marsdens back

BenDover

Maybe if the Nab hired so big wig lawyer to find a loophole in the rules (a la Tyrone n Dublin which there surely is) they might have a few of the suspendees available for selection before soon

armaghniac

I don't know much about this incident, but the media reports at the time suggested that Ballymacnab players become "involved" initially with Stewartstown subs. This could lead to an injustice, in that a sub, who wasn't likely to play anyway, could get a suspension which didn't affect the team too much while someone that was needed for the 60 minutes might be suspended on the other team, a much bigger loss.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

pintsofguinness

Trueblue
Quotehe was the same ref that did the u21 game between the 2 teams about 4 weeks ago and he had a terrible game that day as well so perhaps he evened things out on sunday. you have a point there about the penalty but ure clutching at straws really. surely ya cant blame the referee for the fact that the bridge scored 1 point from the 15th minute of the game until the end of the game?and that culloville dominated the whole 2nd period?
I didn't think it was the same ref that done both but anyway what issue had you with the ref in the u21 game?
What am I clutching at straws about?  I've never said I blamed the ref for anything but with a decent ref the game could have been very different, are you denying that? 
Two points up, 20 minutes in we should have had a penalty, around the same time one of your players hit gerard mcgarvey a thump in the mouth and got a yellow card instead of a red.  I suspect the only thing that saved your player was the fact that Gerard didnt go down. We criticise players for going to ground easily but if rules were properly implemented they wouldn't need to. 

The biggest joke of the day though was Alan O'Neill, in the second half, kicked Damien McCann when he was standing waiting to take a line ball.  It was seen by both the lines man and the ref and O'Neill got NOTHING for it.  Maybe it had something to do with O'Neill running like a tube over the ref and throwing his arms around him  ::) 30 seconds later there was a break in play and the ref went down and yellow carded our Fergal Campbell and made a sweeping movement with his leg, I assume Fergal kicked or put the boot in or something, but it's one rule for Alan O'Neill and another for Fergal Campbell?  What sort of refereeing is that? 

I'm not taking anything away from Culloville btw trueblue, they deserved their victory but the refereeing was a joke and refereeing in the county is a joke.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: Spiritof98 on December 19, 2006, 11:46:25 AM
In light of the bans handed out for the battle of Omagh, it seems that the GAA has come down heavy on the lesser teams for a similar incident yet it wasn't by national role models beemed out on national TV, surely something has to be done about the consistancy of bans like this.

Im not condoning the incident.

Couldn't agree more Spirit. Couldn't see that happening to two of the top Clubs, or indeed Counties. Danny Murphy set his stall out early by promising a crack down - from the TV pictures I could see, the violence was nothing compared to that in Omagh for example, yet 36 week bans are being waived about.

I'm not saying the bans are inappropriate, justy that there are serious inconsistencies and it stinks of slapping the weak, i.e. smaller clubs! 

dexter

Were Ballymacnab not forced to play all their home games away this year as a result of an incident involving a referee last year?

Feckitt

Does anyone know when the Armagh Dinner Dance is on, or have I missed it?

el_cuervo_fc

Quote from: dexter on December 19, 2006, 08:57:40 PM
Were Ballymacnab not forced to play all their home games away this year as a result of an incident involving a referee last year?

they were banned form having home games for a year but won at appeal

trueblue

Quote from: pintsofguinness on December 19, 2006, 06:19:47 PM
Trueblue
Quotehe was the same ref that did the u21 game between the 2 teams about 4 weeks ago and he had a terrible game that day as well so perhaps he evened things out on sunday. you have a point there about the penalty but ure clutching at straws really. surely ya cant blame the referee for the fact that the bridge scored 1 point from the 15th minute of the game until the end of the game?and that culloville dominated the whole 2nd period?
I didn't think it was the same ref that done both but anyway what issue had you with the ref in the u21 game?
What am I clutching at straws about? I've never said I blamed the ref for anything but with a decent ref the game could have been very different, are you denying that?
Two points up, 20 minutes in we should have had a penalty, around the same time one of your players hit gerard mcgarvey a thump in the mouth and got a yellow card instead of a red. I suspect the only thing that saved your player was the fact that Gerard didnt go down. We criticise players for going to ground easily but if rules were properly implemented they wouldn't need to.

The biggest joke of the day though was Alan O'Neill, in the second half, kicked Damien McCann when he was standing waiting to take a line ball. It was seen by both the lines man and the ref and O'Neill got NOTHING for it. Maybe it had something to do with O'Neill running like a tube over the ref and throwing his arms around him ::) 30 seconds later there was a break in play and the ref went down and yellow carded our Fergal Campbell and made a sweeping movement with his leg, I assume Fergal kicked or put the boot in or something, but it's one rule for Alan O'Neill and another for Fergal Campbell? What sort of refereeing is that?

I'm not taking anything away from Culloville btw trueblue, they deserved their victory but the refereeing was a joke and refereeing in the county is a joke.

ref was seamus o neill and he was the same as in the u21 game because i was playing in both games so i know he was the same ref.
wat about damien mc cann and no 21 coming in to the back of colm watters with ther knees in the first half and brendan bellew grabbing johnny mc geeney by the balls in the 2nd half. also the bridge were never ahead by 2 points at any stage of the match the only lead by a point at the stage u are talking about. anyway we could sit and argue all day about this but it wont make any difference 2 the outcome of the match.

however i do agree with u that the standard of referreing in the county this year has been a joke with numerous games being abandoned and mass brawls etc so that area has 2 be seriously looked at for next year.

on another issue why was ciaran conlon not playing on sunday? was he even at the game?

Border Fox

Sam McClatchey is the only man!! well apart from Tony Watters or Martin Hatzer  :D :D :D