Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

illdecide

Quote from: Aghdavoyle on December 17, 2007, 09:09:01 AM
Maybe they've seen the state of your clubhouse and think better of selling you the pitch?

Don't start a slagging match lads especially about stupid things like this as Winsam pointed out we don't own the clubhouse either and until the county board sign it over to us we can only spend minimal money on it like general maintenance (i agree it's not pretty to look at but we can't throw money at it for the county board some day to tell us to feck off).

As for you Aghdavoyle if you want me to start about what Dromintee had for many a year keep it up (I'd prefer not to go down that road though)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Candyman

Quote from: topgun on December 14, 2007, 04:51:20 PM
as far as i am aware Peadar Toal recently broke his ankle playing soccer so id say when hes fit he'll be apart of the national league and championship squads BTW McDonnell will no from his time with the Harps  (theres a Harps man in the backroom team as well), that he is an exceptional talent and if given a chance will prove that, which i think he will get under McDonnell unlike the previous management
P Toal broke his leg over a month ago and required surgery 2 weeks ago which included inserting screws in his leg so he'll be out for a right while!!!!

el_cuervo_fc

Quote from: Candyman on December 17, 2007, 09:52:34 AM
Quote from: topgun on December 14, 2007, 04:51:20 PM
as far as i am aware Peadar Toal recently broke his ankle playing soccer so id say when hes fit he'll be apart of the national league and championship squads BTW McDonnell will no from his time with the Harps  (theres a Harps man in the backroom team as well), that he is an exceptional talent and if given a chance will prove that, which i think he will get under McDonnell unlike the previous management
P Toal broke his leg over a month ago and required surgery 2 weeks ago which included inserting screws in his leg so he'll be out for a right while!!!!

He's just no luck

Armagh Exile

ARMAGH v DERRY GAME ON TG4

Armagh's opening Dr McKenna Cup with Derry which takes place at Davitt Park, Lurgan, on Sunday 6th January will be broadcast live on TG4 with coverage commencing at 1.45pm.

Taken from www.orchardcounty.com

umgolaarmagh

Thats a good one from Paddy Og

Whose he trying to kid

Everybody knows the selection process was a farce

corn02

The Clans don't own their pitch? Did not know that. Why won't the County board sign it over?

Aghdavoyle, I am sure you were round when we didn't have the ground we have today so lets not salg other grounds off.

winsamsoon

You see this guy aghdavoyle really gets on my goat. He is the type that actually gets a kick out of other peoples misfortunes. My club wouldn't be the richest in the country but what we do have is tradition and a winning one at that. You talking about the state of the clubhouse. Well i ask you this how did you get the money to do up your clubhouse? We raise funds each year with the help of a series of events. We are currently working on a 600,000 development process but these things take time. For some village idiot to sit on a high horse and make snide remarks about facilities when they don't even concern him is a complete joke.
Corn the county board won't sell us it because it was supposed to be looked after by a field committee. There is only one of this committee still alive today so the whole issue is a farse. We have a approached them time and time again and still they won't budge. But they won't put money into develop it.  The pitch is officially owned by the people of lurgan as the law states, but the issue is still wrangling on at the moment and there will eventually be lawyers involved in the process. To say it is complicated corn would be an understatement. But a simple solution would be to sign it over to us and let us get on with it.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

illdecide

Quote from: corn02 on December 17, 2007, 01:23:56 PM
The Clans don't own their pitch? Did not know that. Why won't the County board sign it over?

Aghdavoyle, I am sure you were round when we didn't have the ground we have today so lets not salg other grounds off.

you tell us Corn? In fact the field committee (Armagh) actually sold a part of the ground a few months ago to a developer for £80,000 when in fact they actually promised the Clans that it was going to be signed over to us. Lets be honest about it Davitt will not be used at all with the exception of the odd meaningless game. Even club senior championship games are rarely played there as it's mostly South and Mid Armagh teams against each other so they are not going to play them in Lurgan.

If we had Davitt signed over and spent a few pound on it surly then it would appeal a bit more to Armagh, or why don't they sign some sort of Co-ownership and both parties pump money into it and then both benefit

corn02

Because that would take brains.

Win Dromintee raised money for their grounds through fundraising aswell. I believe we would be second to none on regrading fundraising and the effort invovled as I am sure you will appreciate as the Clans are at it too.

winsamsoon

Yeah totally corn and i think silverbridge would be well up there aswell they have done a great job. But it does annoy me when people are slabbering at the misfortune of others, especially when they are trying to make a go of it. We have enough people trying to put our organisation down without ourselves doing it.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

pintsofguinness

Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

illdecide

Talking about Davitt Park, i measured it this morning (to do with work) and from end line to end line it's 153.8 meters long. I got these dimensions of GAA web site and it states the sizes a pitch should be (see below) and Davitt is actually 8.8 meters to long. Davitt Park must be one of the biggest pitches in Ireland

Pitch dimensions
The pitch, or field of play, should be rectangular, between 130m and 145m in length and 80m and 90m in width. It can be reduced for younger players.
A series of lines are marked across the pitch at 13m, 20m and 45m from each end line. A further marking at 65m is made for hurling.

full back

Quote from: illdecide on December 18, 2007, 01:00:35 PM
Talking about Davitt Park, i measured it this morning (to do with work) and from end line to end line it's 153.8 meters long. I got these dimensions of GAA web site and it states the sizes a pitch should be (see below) and Davitt is actually 8.8 meters to long.
Are there rules against this?
You lot could be looking at Div. 4 next year if the CB hear that ;)

corn02

Out of interest POG what are the Bridges dimension, I heard they were the exact same size as Croke Park?

illdecide

Quote from: full back on December 18, 2007, 01:52:16 PM
Quote from: illdecide on December 18, 2007, 01:00:35 PM
Talking about Davitt Park, i measured it this morning (to do with work) and from end line to end line it's 153.8 meters long. I got these dimensions of GAA web site and it states the sizes a pitch should be (see below) and Davitt is actually 8.8 meters to long.
Are there rules against this?
You lot could be looking at Div. 4 next year if the CB hear that ;)

r u forgetting something it's their pitch ;) :D :D

Armagh could get relegated to div 4 for this ;) :D