Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Broken_Cross

Quote from: altovito on December 12, 2007, 12:54:12 PM
nt at all idecide.we have defeated ballyhegn in the last year or 2.but they are the type of team that think they should be in a beter division.div 3 suits them down to the ground.a few good players but the rest are pasengers

I hope that statement is only directed to Ballyhegan and not to all Div.3!

illdecide

Quote from: altovito on December 12, 2007, 12:54:12 PM
nt at all idecide.we have defeated ballyhegn in the last year or 2.but they are the type of team that think they should be in a beter division.div 3 suits them down to the ground.a few good players but the rest are pasengers

That statement could come back to bite you in the arse in the next year or 2. As much as i hafta agree that Ballyhegan have some very good players with a too many average players but it only takes a few good minors or U21's to come in the senior team and change the whole team. so next year or the year after they could be back into Div 2 as they def have some potential.

They also have a fairly good reserve/B team as shown from last year's tables and championship.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

altovito

Quote from: illdecide on December 12, 2007, 04:51:45 PM
so next year or the year after they could be back into Div 2 as they def have some potential.

holy shit i think u av been drinkin too much bucky.way way out of their depth if they were in div 2

illdecide

Quote from: altovito on December 12, 2007, 05:02:15 PM
Quote from: illdecide on December 12, 2007, 04:51:45 PM
so next year or the year after they could be back into Div 2 as they def have some potential.

holy shit i think u av been drinkin too much bucky.way way out of their depth if they were in div 2

Well you tell me what club you represent and i'll look out for future results ;) ;)

pintsofguinness

I think anyone that comes on here slagging off other clubs, or even commenting on other clubs, when they won't name their own should be ignored. 

Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

illdecide

Do any of the rest of you lads have much problems with the young ones in your club. I'm talking about 18 -20 year olds with real chips on their shoulders and they think they know every thing and they are never wrong. There are some good footballers there but they are being influenced by their mates to stay away from our senior team because maybe someone got a bollocking from Bumpy one time and couldn't accept the criticism...

stpauls

i find that in our club there is unfortunately not that many 18-20 year olds to have this problem with! they unfortunately seem to drift away and do other things!!

pintsofguinness

QuoteI'm talking about 18 -20 year olds with real chips on their shoulders and they think they know every thing and they are never wrong. There are some good footballers there but they are being influenced by their mates to stay away from our senior team because maybe someone got a bollocking from Bumpy one time and couldn't accept the criticism...

Sounds like a lack of man management illdecide. 
an 18-20 year old, trying to break on to a senior team, shouldn't really be getting bollockings. 

Candyman

POG without starting an arguement thats a load of sh1te!!!
If they act the lout and think they are bigger than they really are it should be nipped in the bud straight away...
The manager/coach has the final say, he sets out his stall at the start of the year and if they dont like it my personal opinion is tell them to f**k off!! All it takes is one to upset the camp then others think they can get away with what they like, and if they get away with it once the problem only gets worse!!!
Thats just my personal opinion mind you...  ;)

illdecide

Quote from: Candyman on December 13, 2007, 12:58:41 PM
If they act the lout and think they are bigger than they really are it should be nipped in the bud straight away...
The manager/coach has the final say, he sets out his stall at the start of the year and if they dont like it my personal opinion is tell them to f**k off!! All it takes is one to upset the camp then others think they can get away with what they like, and if they get away with it once the problem only gets worse!!!

Correct Candyman ;)

Thats what them lads were doing "f**king up drills" when it was down to lack of concentration and not skill. Being late for training and matches and turning up on match day still half cut from the night b4. all this is nothing to do with man management it's just no respect for the rest of their team mates and no pride in the jersey the put on their backs.

and in my opinion when people f**k about like this they should be get bollockings and if it was a regular occurrence then tell them their services are no longer required. When they get older and a bit more mature they will regret their school boy antics

corn02

Illdecide, for me the Senior players should be slapping them on the wrists. Fall outs with management is a recipe for disaster.

Onion Bag

Quote from: corn02 on December 13, 2007, 03:02:00 PM
Illdecide, for me the Senior players should be slapping them on the wrists. Fall outs with management is a recipe for disaster.

A slap on the ear or a kick up the hole is more like it!
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

illdecide

Quote from: Onion Bag on December 13, 2007, 03:04:27 PM
Quote from: corn02 on December 13, 2007, 03:02:00 PM

A slap on the ear or a kick up the hole is more like it!

In cases that has happened. But these lads will not accept critiscim from anyone, i personally have told them at times they deserved their bollocking as you should not have been f**king about and all i got was "I don't care i'm not here to take this shite of anyone" and "He's a Hitler". The favourite ones is i'll not be back next year if he's still here.

We are talking about 2 guys running your team with All-Ireland medals and an All Star and prob 2 of the best players the club has ever had

corn02

Well then I think it is safe to say that you should not hold your breath on these players following in their footsteps.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Candyman on December 13, 2007, 12:58:41 PM

Thats what them lads were doing "f**king up drills" when it was down to lack of concentration and not skill. Being late for training and matches and turning up on match day still half cut from the night b4. all this is nothing to do with man management it's just no respect for the rest of their team mates and no pride in the jersey the put on their backs.

It depends on what the bollocking is for.  If anyone is constantly turning up late to training or out drinking the night before a game I wouldn't bother with them at all never mind giving them a bollocking because they're clearly not interested. 
However if you've a young lad giving it his all than a bollocking is not the way to go.