Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pintsofguinness

Quote***Club Tacaíochta Ard Mhacha***

Inter County football nowadays involves an incredible amount of organization, preparation, backup services etc. and no stone has been left unturned in the effort to get Armagh a step closer to glory.  The team benefits from great sponsors and also from the vocal support at the matches but as always there is huge amount of financial help required to sustain the effort. You can do your bit by joining Club Tacaíochta Ard Mhacha, Armagh's new official supporters club. Club Tacaíochta Ard Mhacha are committed to making a sizeable contribution to the ongoing cause that is Armagh GAA teams.  There are 2 levels of membership outlined below:

Adult Membership - £30
Membership Card
Key ring
Pin
Car Sticker
Special Promotions throughout the year
Monthly Prize Draw
Monthly Newsletter Emailed

Juvenile (U-18) Membership - £15
Membership Card
Key Ring
Pin
Wristband
Monthly Prize Draw
Monthly Newsletter Emailed

Just seen this on the Official Armagh Website. Whats the opinions?

Jesus they some neck on them

I think I'll keep my money.

DMarsden, second time I've asked you, what club are you from?
btw, you do realise that if these grants go through you're going to see a great reduction in people prepared to put their hand in their pocket for the county?
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

full back

Quote from: pintsofguinness on December 06, 2007, 01:34:23 PM
btw, you do realise that if these grants go through you're going to see a great reduction in people prepared to put their hand in their pocket for the county?

Thats just what I was thinking
When was this posted on the website - timing isnt great considering the furore over grants

corn02

It is a joke of a club but it will be subscribed to by the hundreds of people who still put County before Club.

winsamsoon

There lies the problem corn the county over club shite. Half of the ones who follow the county have never been involved in a club scene or else only by name.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

corn02

Exactly Win and I do not see the trend changing anytime soon.

illdecide

Quote from: corn02 on December 06, 2007, 03:54:53 PM
Exactly Win and I do not see the trend changing anytime soon.

WELL FOR THE NEXT FEW YEARS THEY MIGHT HAVE TO GO TO CLUB GAMES TO WATCH FOOTBALL AS ARMAGH WILL PROB NOT VENTURE TOO FAR IN THE CHAMPIONSHIP. I SPOKE TO A GUY EARLIER IN THE YEAR WHO FOLLOWED ARMAGH EVERYWHERE AND KNEW EVERYTHING DOWN TO WHAT THE ATE AND SHIT BUT HE LAUGHED SAYING HE HADN'T WATCHED A CLUB GAME IN 10 YEARS, THATS THE TYPE OF BREEDS OUT THERE >:( >:(
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

pintsofguinness

Quote from: corn02 on December 06, 2007, 01:57:09 PM
It is a joke of a club but it will be subscribed to by the hundreds of people who still put County before Club.
I think you'll find that when Armagh struggle in the championship for a few years that they'll not have that many subscribing and they'll have to begging to good club people when clubs have been ignored for the last ten years!
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Armagh Exile

Just as a matter of interest how much do clubs in Armagh pay to the County Board each year?
A clubman tells me that his club has to pay over £3,000 each year - surely this cannot be right.
What is this new Membership thing about - other than raise more money.

SimpleSimon

Any word from within the new county panel as to how the new recruits are coming along?

billy the kid

http://www.ofonebelief.org/

Get registered boys its our chance to show the prima donnas what we think and to stop the central council going over our heads
If it moves hit it
If it doesnt hit it anyway!!

winsamsoon

Pint i think you have hit the nail on the head there, when there are a few bad years for the county you will see the county boards coming to the club gaels because there is one sure thing about the club folk they can always be relied upon through thick and thin. I also have experienced an incident similar to i'll decide where a guy knew all about the county but hadn't got a clue about a club team. Yet he was the first to be in line for tickets to the games. But what annoys me even more is the person whom up until 1999 you had never seen in your club even have now became a central figure in the running of the clubs. Now don't get me wrong i am always welcoming of new members. But i find it strange that this sudden influx of new faces have no connection to certain clubs but yet can run around slabbering about how their club have done this and that. They also express a hatred towards other clubs when really they know nothing about it, after all they couldn't they have only been around since 1999. I call them the band wagon brigade. They are even worse when they have drink in them. But the question that always stumps them is "How exactly are you connected to the club" ? The only answer you get is my son plays for the u-12's which the dad just happens to manage  ;) or else there is silence. I feel myself going off on one so i'll leave it there.

illdecide

Winsam you are correct but i sense a lot frustration and anger in your we bones. Could you and Pints be connected some how ;) :D :P
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

winsamsoon

correct decider that is the stage these GPA whores have got me to.

winsamsoon

I am all for moving forward but with all these rule changes and ammendments that are being introduced they are slowly but surely chipping away at our association. The fact that we actually own the thing and have had no say in this farce is a complete joke.

Armagh Exile

I hear that the Armagh Year Book is being launched in the Armagh City Hotel on Friday night next.
Anyone know what time and who is doing the launch.