Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Bill

Quote from: pintsofguinness on December 05, 2007, 06:44:38 PM
You'd think so crossfire but actually I'm not in the slightest, I place a lot more value on the great things about the bridge than I do about success and winning - of course it'd be nice. 

Tell me crossfire, when's the last time yous ran a big fundraising night?
I remember being at one about October last year when yous had a bit of an auction - your only county players there were the Kernans - fair play to them.  Mind you the rest of the lads were probably right to stay away because having someone stand at the top of the hall telling jokes about the O'Rourke's and Dromintee was just cringe cringe cringe!

What jokes were they pints? 

pintsofguinness

Cant really remember any of them now, there were some in relation to Dromintee choking.
I do recall one that started off with the O'rourkes going out to train one day and there was some badger and they went out the next day and the badger was there again and ten minutes later we got to the punch line that Cathal ate martin I think - it was very confusing and just cringe!  He went on and on and on.  To be fair there weren't many laughs.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Old Bill

No i wouldn pay in to hear yon carry on!  wldn be my sense of humour!  Altho i would have alot of time for the kernan as u alluded to in one of your previous posts!

Armagh Cúchulainns

***Club Tacaíochta Ard Mhacha***

Inter County football nowadays involves an incredible amount of organization, preparation, backup services etc. and no stone has been left unturned in the effort to get Armagh a step closer to glory.  The team benefits from great sponsors and also from the vocal support at the matches but as always there is huge amount of financial help required to sustain the effort. You can do your bit by joining Club Tacaíochta Ard Mhacha, Armagh's new official supporters club. Club Tacaíochta Ard Mhacha are committed to making a sizeable contribution to the ongoing cause that is Armagh GAA teams.  There are 2 levels of membership outlined below:

Adult Membership - £30
Membership Card
Key ring
Pin
Car Sticker
Special Promotions throughout the year
Monthly Prize Draw
Monthly Newsletter Emailed

Juvenile (U-18) Membership - £15
Membership Card
Key Ring
Pin
Wristband
Monthly Prize Draw

Just seen this on the Official Armagh Website. Whats the opinions?
Its all about the Hurling.

Armagh Exile

Would membership entitle you to purchase match tickets?

Armagh Cúchulainns

Here i just posted what i saw, i have my own opinions about this venture but will lie in wait til i hear more about it.

personally i think whats on offer for £30 is a bit of a pisstake.
Its all about the Hurling.

Old Bill

What happened the orchard club?  was it not the official supporters club?

altovito

Quote from: Armagh Cúchulainns on December 06, 2007, 10:52:19 AM
***Club Tacaíochta Ard Mhacha***

Inter County football nowadays involves an incredible amount of organization, preparation, backup services etc. and no stone has been left unturned in the effort to get Armagh a step closer to glory.  The team benefits from great sponsors and also from the vocal support at the matches but as always there is huge amount of financial help required to sustain the effort. You can do your bit by joining Club Tacaíochta Ard Mhacha, Armagh's new official supporters club. Club Tacaíochta Ard Mhacha are committed to making a sizeable contribution to the ongoing cause that is Armagh GAA teams.  There are 2 levels of membership outlined below:

Adult Membership - £30
Membership Card
Key ring
Pin
Car Sticker
Special Promotions throughout the year
Monthly Prize Draw

Juvenile (U-18) Membership - £15
Membership Card
Key Ring
Pin
Wristband
Monthly Prize Draw

Just seen this on the Official Armagh Website. Whats the opinions?

is this a pisstake?i think the players should donate their gpa wages/grant to the cause.asking hardworking people to give their money to help them play even though they are getting very very well looked after

ardal

What didn't they simply call it "club orange", hey presto, you've automaticvally got extra sponsorship without asking the average supporter to cough up more

DMarsden

Quote from: altovito on December 06, 2007, 11:48:21 AM
asking hardworking people to give their money to help them play even though they are getting very very well looked after

where has this happened?

altovito

Quote from: Armagh Cúchulainns on December 06, 2007, 10:52:19 AM
The team benefits from great sponsors and also from the vocal support at the matches but as always there is huge amount of financial help required to sustain the effort. You can do your bit by joining Club Tacaíochta Ard Mhacha,

unless i am mistaken this looks like we are being asked to give money
i urge all right thinking armagh folk to give nothing if the gpa wages/grants go ahead

DMarsden

You are aware that the government pay the player maintenance grants?

altovito

Quote from: DMarsden on December 06, 2007, 01:01:17 PM
You are aware that the government pay the player maintenance grants?

i am well aware of who pays them.the bottom line is the players are getting money for representing our county.i am also being asked as well to 'do my bit' by donating money.instead of us donating money why dont the county players donate their money?we are paying during the year by following the team to support OUR COUNTY

DMarsden

no, they are getting maintenance grants from the government to facilitate better training and preparation. noone gets paid to play for YOUR county. not officially anyway.

How do you now they won't donate their grants to the county training fund?

You pay the GAA all year to follow your county. armagh clg get none of that

altovito

Quote from: DMarsden on December 06, 2007, 01:16:43 PM

no, they are getting maintenance grants from the government to facilitate better training and preparation. noone gets paid to play for YOUR county. not officially anyway.

How do you now they won't donate their grants to the county training fund?

You pay the GAA all year to follow your county. armagh clg get none of that

i didnt say it was 'my' county i said it was 'our' county which includes the people who do voluntary work within the county.we will see at the end of next year when the accounts are officially release if the players donated their wages/grants although i doubt if this will happen and i suspect so do you.if i play for crossmaglen and havnt had a break for over 18 months am i any less deserving of getting money than someone who is a squad member of the county panel who can be out of the championship by July?