Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

corn02

Sadly they always probably deserve it.

pintsofguinness

If it was for club team of the year they would.
It's for club of the year which isn't just about winning.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

illdecide

Quote from: pintsofguinness on December 03, 2007, 11:10:39 PM
If it was for club team of the year they would.
It's for club of the year which isn't just about winning.

Sorry to tell you pints but when you have the mentality of "isn't just about winning" that's why some teams will never win anything. If they don't believe and have the will to win they'll always be a looser (and i don't mean you personnally before you get roped into me ;))
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

holylandsniper

Pints, are you thinking when you say Club of the year you mean not just on the field but off the field, and if you are i think you have a valid point.  If that was the case yes Silverbridge should have won it in recognition for all the work they have done, but what criteria is the county board(or those who voted) looking for, must be simply winners.
Also good to see a big third level GAA game in South Armagh.

pintsofguinness

QuotePints, are you thinking when you say Club of the year you mean not just on the field but off the field, and if you are i think you have a valid point.
That's exactly what I'm saying.

I'm not even just thinking of the 'bridge (though you'd think with spending half a million on new fields, opening new changing rooms and renovating the club would give you a shout! - though as far as I recall we've never won it so we wouldn't have when we opened the Resource Centre either) but why don't they look around the county and see who's doing what.  What clubs are working to improve facilities or working with the youngsters.  A good Club isn't about how many medals the senior team have!
If it is, why don't they just hand it to the senior county champions every year?

Goats Do Shave

Been told Paul Turley is the new Ballyhegan Manager.

Opinions??? Especially from Ogs people?

topgun

i trained under him before, an excellant coach, prepares his teams brillantly, a very intelligent man
a prophet is not recognised by his own

Candyman

Where was this topgun, in Tomneys or PB's???  :D :D :D

full back

It's hard to look past Cross for club of the year esp as they won the Ulster title

TacadoirArdMhacha

QuoteI note you can't argue that he's a good role model. I don't know how he got it, maybe he threatened county board officials again?

1. The award had nothing to do with being a role model

2. Why is he expected to be a role model anyway?

As it happens, he's probably as good a role model as any other intercounty footballer.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

pintsofguinness

1. The award had nothing to do with being a role model
Clearly not.

2. Why is he expected to be a role model anyway?
It goes with the terrority of being with a county player. 

QuoteAs it happens, he's probably as good a role model as any other intercounty footballer.
aye  ::)

DMarsden

and the only club i see who could have rivalled cross for club of the year is cullyhanna, with the tremendous success they achieved in underage football this year.

crossfire

pintsofguinness

You'd think so crossfire but actually I'm not in the slightest, I place a lot more value on the great things about the bridge than I do about success and winning - of course it'd be nice. 

Tell me crossfire, when's the last time yous ran a big fundraising night?
I remember being at one about October last year when yous had a bit of an auction - your only county players there were the Kernans - fair play to them.  Mind you the rest of the lads were probably right to stay away because having someone stand at the top of the hall telling jokes about the O'Rourke's and Dromintee was just cringe cringe cringe!