Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DMarsden

Quote from: robertemmet on November 15, 2007, 11:54:21 AM
I think Armagh have a plan where the minor management take it for three years, then the U16 Dev Squad men come in after them.  It is like a rotation process as far as I know.

I think Tyrone and Donegal do the same

What is the benefit of this approach?

tackle

Quote from: DMarsden on November 15, 2007, 01:02:46 PM
Quote from: robertemmet on November 15, 2007, 11:54:21 AM
I think Armagh have a plan where the minor management take it for three years, then the U16 Dev Squad men come in after them.  It is like a rotation process as far as I know.

I think Tyrone and Donegal do the same

What is the benefit of this approach?

Probably the continuity of team management where it does not take management three months to try and get to know players names and strengths bla bla

DMarsden

Obviously. What if the coaching team coming up with a certain crop of players ain't any good? even if they are, is it beneficial in the long run for a player not to be exposed to a variance of coaching styles?

tackle

quote author=DMarsden link=topic=769.msg196700#msg196700 date=1195133764]

Obviously. What if the coaching team coming up with a certain crop of players ain't any good? even if they are, is it beneficial in the long run for a player not to be exposed to a variance of coaching styles?
[/quote]
Fair point.

mackers

Contrary to rumours posted on the thread a few pages back I see they are working flat out at the Athletic Grounds.  Paddy Og Nugent quoted as saying in today's papers that there is an outside chance of Armagh's final league game against Cork being played there!!

According to the same article, they think they will have terracing complete on three sides of the ground and floodlights up for Christmas.  It's in the Daily Mirror so it must be true!!!
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

dontcare

Quote from: mackers on November 14, 2007, 04:26:36 PM
If I'm thinking of the same guy, Paul McShane managed Granemore for the last couple of years and would have been heavily involved in the development squads. He lives in Crossmaglen, although I don't think he's originally from there, I think he's from Silverbridge (pints or dont care??). Maybe somebody will contradict me, but he seems to be a good man, know a couple of the Granemore players who had a good word on him.  Big jump up though, wish him all the best as he's a nice fella

Mackers I'm from cross, yes you are right Paul MC Shane is from the bridge and living in cross, he was meant to be one hell of a player and i also hear great word on him as a coach, he did well with granemore.
From what i heard from a close friend of his he had to go through an interview process to get this job so the county board must have discussed the job with its committee.

Pints i hear you dinner dance is on tomorrow night, who will get player of the year, you for it?

pintsofguinness

QuotePints i hear you dinner dance is on tomorrow night, who will get player of the year, you for it?
No I won't be at home. 
player of the year aint my choice.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

dontcare

Quote from: pintsofguinness on November 15, 2007, 02:32:29 PM
QuotePints i hear you dinner dance is on tomorrow night, who will get player of the year, you for it?
No I won't be at home. 
player of the year aint my choice.

i know that cus its the team picks it and your not on the team, i just thought you may know who is in the running in your opinion

pintsofguinness

Onion Bag

Quote from: mackers on November 15, 2007, 01:59:45 PM
Contrary to rumours posted on the thread a few pages back I see they are working flat out at the Athletic Grounds.  Paddy Og Nugent quoted as saying in today's papers that there is an outside chance of Armagh's final league game against Cork being played there!!

According to the same article, they think they will have terracing complete on three sides of the ground and floodlights up for Christmas.  It's in the Daily Mirror so it must be true!!!

Mackers,

Do you think Oisin will have a wee flutter on that? ;)
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

full back

Quote from: Onion Bag on November 15, 2007, 03:53:33 PM
Mackers,

Brilliant onion bag ::)
Who writes your material?

Onion Bag

Quote from: full back on November 15, 2007, 03:54:58 PM
Quote from: Onion Bag on November 15, 2007, 03:53:33 PM
Mackers,

Brilliant onion bag ::)
Who writes your material?

The Sunday Tribune! ;)
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

Kentucky Blue

so who would you like to see geting a good chance in county team in 2008?

i think peter loughran from carrickcruppen played for armagh at silverbridge's opening? having seen how he played against cross and a few other times id give him a shot.
gareth o'neill (dromintee)
david mc kenna (cross)
gareth swift (harps)

only my humble opinion, just to get the craic going  8)

pintsofguinness

MCKEEVER SET FOR LEAGUE RETURN

County senior footballer Ciaran McKeever is hoping to return to the inter-county scene at the start of the Orchard County's 2008 National League campaign.

McKeever is recovering form a hand injury he picked up last season, but he played through the pain barrier for his club St Patrick's Cullyhanna in recent months.

"Ciaran McKeever had been carrying a knuckle problem for quite a while," Armagh manager Peter McDonnell said.

"This is the time of year to get these things sorted out because if there was a problem further down the line the recovery time would eat into next year more so than I would like.

"It was painful, but hopefully it will correct the problem," McDonnell added.

That is good news, I wonder who he wrapped that knuckle on.

illdecide

Quote from: pintsofguinness on November 16, 2007, 01:19:06 PM
MCKEEVER SET FOR LEAGUE RETURN

County senior footballer Ciaran McKeever is hoping to return to the inter-county scene at the start of the Orchard County's 2008 National League campaign.

McKeever is recovering form a hand injury he picked up last season, but he played through the pain barrier for his club St Patrick's Cullyhanna in recent months.

"Ciaran McKeever had been carrying a knuckle problem for quite a while," Armagh manager Peter McDonnell said.

"This is the time of year to get these things sorted out because if there was a problem further down the line the recovery time would eat into next year more so than I would like.

"It was painful, but hopefully it will correct the problem," McDonnell added.

That is good news, I wonder who he wrapped that knuckle on.

Half of Silverbridge ;) :D
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch