Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Onion Bag

Quote from: billy the kid on November 13, 2007, 06:13:09 PM
No under 21 ulster!! not every county has an U21 championship.

The GPA are only doing things for and only interested in the elite few.

If every county fields without them wait and see how long it is until they start coming back to training and games. They are only out for themselves if they wont play with the considerable benefits they already get and for love of the game and pride in the jersey

GOOD RIDDANCE YOU BUNCH OF C**TS

Also we must Remember alot of county players arent members and another large section will never strike but just voted the way they were pressurised into If we continue without them they have nothing left

Here Here, Billy the Kid Well said , have to whole heartedly agree with you in every aspect of your post! 
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

Armagh Exile

Quote[/quThe Armagh County Board are plased to announce that the managment team for the County Minors for the forthcoming year will be:

Paul McShane (Manager)

Sean Hughes

Kieran Robinson

We would like to wish them all the best in their new role and hope they can continue on the outstanding success of outgoing manager Paul Kelly.
ote]

Taken from the Official Armagh GAA Website.

I was talking to a member of the Armagh County Board about this last night and he told me that he knew nothing about this decision as it never was discussed never mind agreed at any County Board Meeting.

What's going on?

billy the kid

Well Men Time to make a few Predictions!!!

Who do Yous think will win the big games at the weekend.

Glenullin V St Galls     Glenullin

Dromore V Cross       Dromore

Newbridge V Dunloy  Newbridge

Im gonna go for Glenullin in the first game. Firstly because i just feel that the more open football St galls play will suit Glenullin as will the open spaces in Omagh, although that may also suit St Galls. I think that they will have to be at their best and be more efficent with their shooting to overcome what is gonna be a formidable challenge but Glenullin seem to have a certain momentum and resilience about them now.  Also im a Derry man and i never said i wasnt biased.

I fany Dromore to beat Cross as they look a realy good side and if Colm Mc cullagh plays they will have 3 very effective outlets for scores up front with the two corner forward looking very good the last day. ive seen Cross a couple of times this year and havent eally been that impressed with them. Although it has to be said they have an uncanny knack of playing just well enough to win the game. Donnaldson will be a huge loss to them, I know they have a strong panel but they dont have someone as strong and as experienced on the bench.

In the intermediates i fancy Newbridge and the reason is they weresimplyt awesom against Whitecross a Div 1 Armagh out fit (although since relegated) and Dermott dougan is putting in some fine performances of both score taking and play making.  its like a blast from the past when he was doing the same for Derry in the No. 11.  However i have to admit i havent seen Dunloy in any shape or form.

By the way
Quote from: Aghdavoyle on November 13, 2007, 09:15:59 PM

Its the gpa's fault that there's no u21 ulster campaign for cruppe? where were your complaints every other year?

it rained this evening, i suppose that's down to the gpa too!

here's a question... what have you done for club footballers?

In my last post i was answering to different posts from, umgolaarmagh and Onion Bag one was about the GPA and club football and the othe was about the U21 club.  I was not blaming the GPA for the lack of an U21 Ulster club simple fact of the matter is not every county has an U21 Championship and where and when would you fit it into an already packed calender.

However it wouldnt suprise me if it was the GPAs fault it rained today Bunch of miserable c***ts.
If it moves hit it
If it doesnt hit it anyway!!

Onion Bag

quThe Armagh County Board are plased to announce that the managment team for the County Minors for the forthcoming year will be:

Paul McShane (Manager)

Sean Hughes

Kieran Robinson

Who the fcuk are these people? Have they any experience in the job, These are the guys that been trusted to look after the countys siblings and coach them to the highest standard, and leave them that they are ready for the jump to the senior ranks, wHO ARE THESE GUYS?

winsamsoon

Kieran robinson may be from maghery though this is only a guess going on names. I haven't the foggiest who the other two are. But this is normal for the county board.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

pintsofguinness

Paul McShane is a Silverbridge legend and has been managing Granemore.

Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

mackers

If I'm thinking of the same guy, Paul McShane managed Granemore for the last couple of years and would have been heavily involved in the development squads. He lives in Crossmaglen, although I don't think he's originally from there, I think he's from Silverbridge (pints or dont care??). Maybe somebody will contradict me, but he seems to be a good man, know a couple of the Granemore players who had a good word on him.  Big jump up though, wish him all the best as he's a nice fella
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

Onion Bag

Is sean Hughes the guy from Keady. Goes by the nickname Macko or something like that, He managed Ballymacnab for a couple of years, Not sure if its the same guy, Maybe someone else can shed some light on it

Aghdavoyle

How do these appointments get made?

are there nomiations from clubs?

is there an interview process?

asitis

there's a peace process will that do you.

David McKeown

Keiran Robinson was our (Annaghmore) manager for the last number of years, and has worked very closely with this age group of players through the development squads.  On behalf of myself and the club I would like to wish him well in his new role.
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

illdecide

I suppose the rumors i heard that "Jelly Belly Kelly" was coming in with Barry John O Hagan and Diarmaid Marsden to manage the Clans next year is true if he has stepped down from the Armagh minors.

I know he's a Clans man (Paul Kelly) but i don't know anything about the man...
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

DMarsden

I think the minor management appointment is a case of paddy og rummaging about for whoever will take it and not look for too many weekend away or much gear.

there's a hell of a lot of armagh coaches out there at the minute coaching at very high levels. surely we need to start incorporating them into developing our young talent? men like geezer, Justin McNulty, Bumpy, Aidan O'Rourke are some of the most highly rated young coaches about but i've never heard of them being incorporated into our county coaching plans at any age level?

robertemmet

I think Armagh have a plan where the minor management take it for three years, then the U16 Dev Squad men come in after them.  It is like a rotation process as far as I know.

I think Tyrone and Donegal do the same

downtown

Quote from: Onion Bag on November 14, 2007, 04:39:19 PM
Is sean Hughes the guy from Keady. Goes by the nickname Macko or something like that, He managed Ballymacnab for a couple of years, Not sure if its the same guy, Maybe someone else can shed some light on it

yea ur right. maco (Known as Maco Man in Ballymacnab after guiding them to intermidate cship), great manager and ive no doubt that he has the ability to do something with the minor team. he is well capable of the job and takes no shit. won the division 3 league with ballymacnab and intermidate cship and tuk them 2 ulster final last yr. very good manage with a lot of respect around local clubs! glad he got the job and wish him all the best!