Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

illdecide

i HOPE Culloville win (I know its further to travel) but there is something about that whitecross team i just don't like. In all my years of football i never heard such bitching and shouting from their management team. They even do it to their own players "Total madness". There is 3 of them guys who walk up and down the touch line constanly shouting "f**king ref, f**king bastards to away team, and f**king stupid c***s to their own players when someone makes a mistake.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Edgeofthesquare

U can hardly blame the squad of players on their managers style of management.  At the end of the day its the better team of players that should deserve to stay up regardless of management   As there is very little between these two teams this game will go to the wire.....

Kentucky Blue

so what about big alan o'neill? did he retire after his recent injury?

billy the kid

I think i heard Alan was of to Button moon - apparently he followed Mr spoon.

Does anyone else remember that classic kids tv show - those were the days.

Seriously that would be tragic if Alan had to retire was a fine footballer and will be a loss to the GAA scene and more importantly wish him well and a speedy recovery.

Was at the cross game at the weekend and to be honest i was going for clontibret as it would be nice to see a new team coming through but i have to say the ref was very sore on Cross.

Donaldson deserved to go but the clontibret man should have gone to for hitting Mcentee - not to mention his constant fouling. From then on Cross had to work much harder for their frees and were sorely penalised on numerous occaisons. (i also think he may have fallen asleep he was on the ground for that long)

Even still Cross were desevedly winning by 3 points at full time with four mins of added time indicated. The ref played over 6 mins of added time and during this period Clontibret got 2 soft scores the ref did all he could for clontibret to get a draw but they simply werent good enough.

The incident at the end was instigated 100% by clontibret and not cross but cross did become involved and will prob be dealt with harshley.

I didnt see the attempted headbutt but i did see the push on the ref and a couple of the Clontibret men dishing out warm ears Aaron kernan seemed to get a bit of special attention.

I know the ref can extend the added time if there is a stoppage during the added time - but there wasnt!!

Clontibrets arguement that the ref is supposed to tell them it was the last kick of the game is just wrong.  The ref doesnt have to do this and anyway if you were a freetaker hitting a 45 deep into stoppage time in an Ulster Club Championship match (or any match) when you were behind by a point do you not think you would have the BRAINS to ask the ref how long left before you hit it????

Clontibret were beaten by a much better team that was down to 14 men for over 45 mins, when the ref gave them every opportunity to rescue something from the game they werent smart enough to take it.  In hindsight im Glad their out as nobody likes a bad loser!!!!
If it moves hit it
If it doesnt hit it anyway!!

SouthArmaghBandit

Boys I have just been told that the County Board are negociating wit Down to play are home games in Newry. Apparently Athletic Grounds project is dead. Now I will not accept this until there's no other option but i heard it from a very good source.

We can't be playin home games in Down FFS!! Whats goin on?

Armagh Exile

QuoteBoys I have just been told that the County Board are negociating wit Down to play are home games in Newry. Apparently Athletic Grounds project is dead. Now I will not accept this until there's no other option but i heard it from a very good source.

What's wrong with Oliver Plunkett Park, Crossmaglen or Davitt Park, Lurgan.

Surely Bandit the County Board are not even thinking of going outside the County to play their Home games?
If so, then this should be the end of the present County Board.

armaghniac

QuoteBoys I have just been told that the County Board are negociating wit Down to play are home games in Newry

This sounds a bit suspect. Even if the Athlethic grounds has a problem, Cross has been used for county games without problems for the last few years.

Mind you I did post on this board a couple of years ago that a new 30,000 seater on the Newry bypass shared between Down and Armagh would have been an innovative idea.

Perhaps you mean floodlight games?
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

billy the kid

I think the GPA should be ashamed of themselves they are undermining everything the GAA stands for.  What they are asking for is Pay for |Play dressed up in fancy clothes.

They are an elitist Organisation who are only concerned with themselves and I firmly believe its a case of a few leading the many.

Don't get me wrong i totally agree with players being treated well and looked after if they get injured but they are always looking for more and more.

Currently every season inter-county players in Derry get:

2 pairs of boots
2 full kits a season,
2 full sets of training gear. (1 wet and 1 normal)
1 rain jacket
1 zip up top
1 jumper
2 polo shirts
1 tracksuit
Home training Equipment
Free access to state of the art gym

All the above are official Derry gear from O neills with emblems and crests and this is only the gear I KNOW FOR CERTAIN they get!

Also they have access to a top class physio, team doctor dietician and heart screening facilities.

they receive meals after ALL games and on the way to away games

they get fed after every training

and they also get VERY GOOD rebates on their mileage expenses.

Again these are jut the things i KNOW FOR CERTAIN!!

for each national league game they receive 4 passes each allowing friends and family to gain admission to the games for FREE and the passes can be used for both hurling and football even if only involved in one code.

They receive at least 2 and sometimes more FREE tickets for ALL championship matches they are involved in

They receive 2 good tickets for the all Ireland final in their code (hurling or football) for FREE

Before the club championship begins they receive a pass allowing them to gain FREE entry to ALL championship matches within the county in EITHER code at ANY level

The above list was given to me when I asked a PRESENT COUNTY PLAYER from our club about conditions at inter-county level.

I don't think anyone would begrudge them these things as the gear and medical farcicalities are a MUST and so are the mileage expenses and the meals.

The other stuff are added perks and again I would say Just right they are training very hard and giving a big commitment to Our County.

Looking at the list I would say our county players are fairly well looked after wouldn't you? And this is just the example of our county alot of other counties like Armagh and Tyrone get even more gear and perks which again is fair enough.

But to ask for money and to make out that they are so hard done by and listening to some of their leaders you'd think some were hardly fit to feed themselves and on the way to financial ruin is an absolute myth and border line lie!!

What ever happened to being proud to play for your county and pride in the jersey? That used to be enough to make people play for their counties.

Has Pride and honour fallen of the radar of the GPA in their obsession with self-worth and self-gain.
If pride in the jersey and being honoured to represent your County plus the list i have supplied aren't enough to make individuals play for OUR county teams do we really want them to? The type of character who would undermine the very fabric of our great organisation to line his own pockets.   

I was also informed by the County player from my own Club that most county players don't want to strike but are being openly pressurised to do so. Is this Democracy?

Its also evident the GPA are so far removed from the grassroots GAA and the supporters that they haven't noticed that the vast majority are strongly against it, but why would they listen to us mere mortals?

Down Manager Ross Carr has the right idea:

If these prima donnas strike and refuse to play Each County should find a panel of players who will represent their counties for pride honour and the other perks i listed. There would be a stampede to trials and it would totally negate the strike and render their actions futile and meaningless.

We cannot let the elitist few hold the rest of us to ransom while they try to gain financially for doing what most TRUE Gaels consider an Honour and a privilege – PLAY FOR YOUR COUNTY  
If it moves hit it
If it doesnt hit it anyway!!

Kentucky Blue

If the pin has been pulled on the "pathetic grounds" as some like to call it, all the league games would probably just continue to be in Cross.

the lights at the marshes would be a big plus though if something was sorted.

Shortso79

Quote from: billy the kid on November 08, 2007, 05:57:31 PM
I think i heard Alan was of to Button moon - apparently he followed Mr spoon.

Does anyone else remember that classic kids tv show - those were the days.

Seriously that would be tragic if Alan had to retire was a fine footballer and will be a loss to the GAA scene and more importantly wish him well and a speedy recovery.

Was at the cross game at the weekend and to be honest i was going for clontibret as it would be nice to see a new team coming through but i have to say the ref was very sore on Cross.

Donaldson deserved to go but the clontibret man should have gone to for hitting Mcentee - not to mention his constant fouling. From then on Cross had to work much harder for their frees and were sorely penalised on numerous occaisons. (i also think he may have fallen asleep he was on the ground for that long)

Even still Cross were desevedly winning by 3 points at full time with four mins of added time indicated. The ref played over 6 mins of added time and during this period Clontibret got 2 soft scores the ref did all he could for clontibret to get a draw but they simply werent good enough.

The incident at the end was instigated 100% by clontibret and not cross but cross did become involved and will prob be dealt with harshley.

I didnt see the attempted headbutt but i did see the push on the ref and a couple of the Clontibret men dishing out warm ears Aaron kernan seemed to get a bit of special attention.

I know the ref can extend the added time if there is a stoppage during the added time - but there wasnt!!

Clontibrets arguement that the ref is supposed to tell them it was the last kick of the game is just wrong.  The ref doesnt have to do this and anyway if you were a freetaker hitting a 45 deep into stoppage time in an Ulster Club Championship match (or any match) when you were behind by a point do you not think you would have the BRAINS to ask the ref how long left before you hit it????

Clontibret were beaten by a much better team that was down to 14 men for over 45 mins, when the ref gave them every opportunity to rescue something from the game they werent smart enough to take it.  In hindsight im Glad their out as nobody likes a bad loser!!!!

Excellent account of the Cross - Clontibret Match

dontcare

culloville won by one point, could of went either way. last touch of the ball. jimmy mc kee had a bad hour.

pintsofguinness

Can't belive Culloville survived division 1 but fair play to them.

Standards must have fallen.

Dontcare is there something interesting in my profile?  ;)
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

dontcare

dont understand pints.

the game was just pure winter football.
yes bad standard for 1st division football think either team would be equally at home in div 2

pintsofguinness

Overall, I think the standards have dropped a lot in division 1.

Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

anportmorforjfc

An Portmor beat collegeland 3-7 to 1-6 in the division 3 play off final