Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dontcare

Quote from: orangeman on November 04, 2007, 05:44:25 PM
Cross have a real knack of winning games by a point  -they don't seem to panic and get on with it - with two men short for the semi final, there could be an upset on the cards ?

two men down but two men back also, francie b and jonny m will be back for next round.

Goats Do Shave

illdecide

Quote from: Goats Do Shave on November 05, 2007, 12:17:02 PM
How is 'the' Francie?

Surley Belew couldn't be ready for football after a cruciate operation. Jasus i know he's made of hardy stuff but thats too soon IMO
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Armagh Exile

QuoteDavid McKenna took the penalty and while his shot was brilliantly saved by goalkeeper Paul McElroy, the ball rebounded off JP Mone and into the net.

The above quote is taken from the Official Armagh County Website and it is included in their report of yesterday's game between Crossmaglen and Clontibret.

I was at this same game and I did not see David McKenna take a penalty.

stpauls

Quote from: Armagh Exile on November 05, 2007, 01:39:16 PM
QuoteDavid McKenna took the penalty and while his shot was brilliantly saved by goalkeeper Paul McElroy, the ball rebounded off JP Mone and into the net.

The above quote is taken from the Official Armagh County Website and it is included in their report of yesterday's game between Crossmaglen and Clontibret.

I was at this same game and I did not see David McKenna take a penalty.

the exact same line is on the BBC website, so it must be right!  :o

Kentucky Blue

will be interesting to see what action if any the ulster council take after yesterday's brawl at full time!  :o

cross cant afford to lose any more men. two old heads like donaldson and short will be missed as it is.

francie will not be back!

cityslicker

I was at both u21 games and i think killeavy will edge it!! after all they beat the favourites granemore!! though cruppen showed tir na og that they werent worth there place in the semis!! should b a good game!! cruppens full forward line run tir na og riot while killeavy took 45 min 2 start playin up front!! killeavy half back line is shaky enough also!its a hard one 2 call!! all on the day 4 these 2rivals! any word were the match is in and wat time??

crossfire

Martin Sludden who refereed the Cross v Clotibret game yesterday is originally from Dromore per the Tyrone football thread.
It's amazing that the Ulster Council appointed him to referee that game given that the winners could be playing Dromore in the next round!!!
A great display by Cross yesterday even though it is not reflected on the scoreboard.
As Paddy Heaney aptly put it "Clontibret got a one point hammering".

mousey

Quote from: cityslicker on November 05, 2007, 07:20:17 PM
I was at both u21 games and i think killeavy will edge it!! after all they beat the favourites granemore!! though cruppen showed tir na og that they werent worth there place in the semis!! should b a good game!! cruppens full forward line run tir na og riot while killeavy took 45 min 2 start playin up front!! killeavy half back line is shaky enough also!its a hard one 2 call!! all on the day 4 these 2rivals! any word were the match is in and wat time??
2 oc in dromintee on sunday rory robertson the referee

illdecide

Quote from: mousey on November 05, 2007, 10:45:16 PM
Quote from: cityslicker on November 05, 2007, 07:20:17 PM
2 oc in dromintee on sunday rory robertson the referee

I think you mean Rory Robinson (Maghery) ;) :D

winsamsoon

I don't see anything wrong with the selection of ref for the Cross game Crossfire. I wasn't at the game mate but by all account it was Clontibret who felt agrieved. So it would seem that he favoured the Cross??? If he was going to be acting in the interests of Dromore surely he would have done all in his power to ensure that Dromore met Clontibret knowing the awesome record of the Cross. If the result would have been reversed then it may have raised some questions. Can someone also tell me why the fight broke out the end of the game??? and who were the aggresors??
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

Armagh CĂșchulainns

Quote: Candyman

Who is Bambi Mc Court? Who does he play for? Huh
Its only a wind-up among harps folk.... he's a young lad used to play county minor and for the harps then left for Oz a year ago to work!!
Complete mental patient

i see his trial finished. Was talking to him the other day, apparently hes moving to derry to work and to quote ' thats me and football finished'.
is that a good thing or a bad thing???
Its all about the Hurling.

Candyman

Aye he got home last thursday, drunk out!!!
he told me the exact same thing and i personally think its a complete waste of talent... but what can be done???

Onion Bag

Anyone got any idea, how Whitecross got on on Sunday? All this talk about Cross, everyone has forgot about them. :)
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

illdecide

Quote from: Onion Bag on November 06, 2007, 02:04:08 PM
Anyone got any idea, how Whitecross got on on Sunday? All this talk about Cross, everyone has forgot about them. :)

thats because they got stuffed