Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stpauls

Quote from: altovito on October 29, 2007, 02:36:13 PM
mullaghbawn and maghery was another 'joke' game from wha ti hear.the maghery lads were treated very well after the game by their hosts ;).mr forker missed some sitters from close in as well as the maghery players not wanting to get involved in any sort of contest.maybe certain maghery players were keeping the new county manager happy,he just happens to be the mullaghbawn.thats the last few games maghery have went 'easy' on the opposition

i don't get you?

High Catch

Quote from: stpauls on October 29, 2007, 02:38:49 PM
mullaghbawn and maghery was another 'joke' game from wha ti hear.the maghery lads were treated very well after the game by their hosts ;).mr forker missed some sitters from close in as well as the maghery players not wanting to get involved in any sort of contest.maybe certain maghery players were keeping the new county manager happy,he just happens to be the mullaghbawn.thats the last few games maghery have went 'easy' on the opposition

i don't get you?

It is not that hard to understand what he is saying.

stpauls

Quote from: High Catch on October 29, 2007, 02:45:01 PM

i don't get you?

then why doesn't he just come out and say it instead of hiding behind a silly innuendo(sp)!

Edgeofthesquare

[/quote]

Wasn't at it st pauls, but just going form today's Irish News, It was 2-6 to 0-6 in the bawn's favour, safe anyway, guess thats all that really matters.
Leaves cullaville and whitecross in a winner takes all play-off to stay up.
[/quote]

This game will prob not be played until the completion of Whitecross' Ulster Intermediate Campaign

illdecide

Quote from: stpauls on October 29, 2007, 02:53:01 PM

i don't get you?

then why doesn't he just come out and say it instead of hiding behind a silly innuendo(sp)!

what he is saying is that Maghery were not trying one bit against Bawn, in fact some of the Maghery lads were more than happy to keep the new Armagh manager happy by missing sitters. And that they got free drink all day after the match in the hospitality suite. (don't forget the new Armagh Manager is from Mullaghbawn incase your from another planet) ;) ;) :D :D

I have worded this the way i read it. Correct me if i'm wrong
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

stpauls

Quote from: illdecide on October 29, 2007, 03:31:18 PM
Quote from: stpauls on October 29, 2007, 02:53:01 PM

i don't get you?

what he is saying is that Maghery were not trying one bit against Bawn, in fact some of the Maghery lads were more than happy to keep the new Armagh manager happy by missing sitters. And that they got free drink all day after the match in the hospitality suite. (don't forget the new Armagh Manager is from Mullaghbawn incase your from another planet) ;) ;) :D :D

I have worded this the way i read it. Correct me if i'm wrong

fair enough, that's all i wanted to know, instead of some one beating about the bush with it, why didn't he just come out with it.
And i do know who Peter McDonell is, originally from Mullaghbawn myself, and was coached by him at once stage, hence my interest in them.

altovito

hit the nail on the head illdecide.will make every crystal clear for you in future stpauls.if mcdonnell can transfer his shrewdness at club level to county level we might get a few handy points in the league this year ;)

Kentucky Blue

I was surprised Maghery even fielded, heard last week that they may not.
But suppose that would have been "too obvious" looking that they were doing mullaghbawn a favour.
Whole thing stinks of corruption, maybe now we can expect to see a few maghery lads lining out for the first game in the mc kenna cup!

who gave who the points in the og's v cross game?

High Catch

As Og's were the home team I'd imagine they will be receiving the points.  I would guess that Cross were not too keen to travel especially after the injury Oisin has picked up against Culloville last week.

illdecide

Unfortunately this type of thing goes on this time of year. I know it's not fair on teams needing points for relegation etc etc, but it's hard to motivate guys to go and play another team when there is nothing at stake. (I personally would not be like that but most other guys are).

the best thing to do is to make sure that come the end of the year that you are not in trouble or definitely not relying on other teams for points

winsamsoon

Not a post in two days lads? this must be a world record? I just thought i would post one to keep the post on the front page.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

Kentucky Blue

Seen in today's paper, miceal o'rourke got 1-2 for queen's last night against jordanstown.
think will he make a big push on senior team this year?

Think nippy swift is worth a place of the panel again? playing under mc donnell will surely help his cause.

Onion Bag

There has been a few guys brought into the panel, Brian Mc Cone from Ballymacnab got a call up, Very good player, any opinions?
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

illdecide

Quote from: Kentucky Blue on October 31, 2007, 01:46:39 PM
Seen in today's paper, miceal o'rourke got 1-2 for queen's last night against jordanstown.
think will he make a big push on senior team this year?

Think nippy swift is worth a place of the panel again? playing under mc donnell will surely help his cause.

Swift is a good player and can be one for the future but i don't think young O Rourke will cut it at the top. There will no doubt be a few lads brought in that will raise a few eyebrows but there is always a sleeping giant out there waiting on the call...

bennydorano

I've yet to see a more economical player than O'Rourke, his shot to score ratio must be excellent.  I think he's more than capable of intercounty standard, but his performance (or lack of) v Cross in championship makes me think he's a bit to go yet to be a regular intercounty champ starter.