Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

winsamsoon

It is the same old story they won't turn up and nothing will happen so we should all go out on the lash on the friday night and possibly the sat for the end of year do.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

winsamsoon

Just on that note lads, what about a get together or some sort of a christmas do for all the lads on the board so we can all see who is who :) or would this blow a few identities and cause a few minor ructions :)

Candyman

Quote from: winsamsoon on October 25, 2007, 03:53:57 PM
Just on that note lads, what about a get together or some sort of a christmas do for all the lads on the board so we can all see who is who :) or would this blow a few identities and cause a few minor ructions :)
bad idea after some of the bitching that has happened here.... some of the lads will get a drop of the drink in them and try and box?!?!?  ;D

stpauls

Quote from: winsamsoon on October 25, 2007, 03:53:57 PM

now, is this just a get together for the Armagh boys, as even though i play for St. Paul's in Holywood, I am originally from Mullaghbawn, or for the board as a whole, as i would definately be up for either option!!

winsamsoon

no anyone would be welcome, st Paul's . I think it would be a bit of craic and there may be a few village idiots but the majority of the lads would be good craic. I can tell you too there would be some lads who know each other to see but would never dream that they would be on this.

stpauls

probably would sam, i have probably played against some of the lads from south armagh on here when i was under age, but that was at least 10 years ago!!

Aghdavoyle

Quote from: illdecide on October 25, 2007, 03:29:51 PM
Quote from: High Catch on October 25, 2007, 12:45:44 PM

Quote from: illdecide on October 25, 2007, 12:20:13 PM
i heard that crop in the club last night again about how teams would be relegated if they did not field 3 times and they were reffeering to Dromintee. K Brady will relegate teams to div 4 for this crime. He wouldn't have the balls for this.
What teams are in danger of being relegated due to this new regulation?

Well apparently Dromintee have not fielded twice this year and if they do it again on sat against Clans that would make it 3 and Div 4. I would love him to try than one on with Cross :D :D

dont know where this is coming from cos we've fielded in every single game this year?

pintsofguinness

Quotei heard that crop in the club last night again about how teams would be relegated if they did not field 3 times and they were reffeering to Dromintee. K Brady will relegate teams to div 4 for this crime. He wouldn't have the balls for this.
Not only would he not have the balls for it is there a rule to support him? 
Such bullshit - would they go and get a ground sorted out, knobs.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: pintsofguinness on October 25, 2007, 08:25:08 PM
Quotei heard that crop in the club last night again about how teams would be relegated if they did not field 3 times and they were reffeering to Dromintee. K Brady will relegate teams to div 4 for this crime. He wouldn't have the balls for this.
Not only would he not have the balls for it is there a rule to support him? 
Such bullshit - would they go and get a ground sorted out, knobs.

It's my understanding that there is such a rule Pints and furthermore Cross managed the three strikes when they failed to field against Maghery a number of years ago. I believe that it was placed with Maghery to claim the points, thus putting in motion a chain of events that would have seen Cross kicked out of the league and having to start at Division 4 again. Realising the magnitude of doing so and/or simply being unwilling to do such a thing, Maghery did not claim and agreed to a refixture, at which Maghery's generosity was repaid when Cross turned up with a weakened team.

That was my understanding anyway - maybe BC can clarify it for sure.

By the way - work is continuing on the Athletic Grounds.

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: Redhandfan on October 24, 2007, 11:03:50 PM
Collegeland defeated An Port Mor by two points, tonight, in the big Division Three promotion clash at floodlit Abbey Park.  This result means Collegeland and An Port Mor finish the league in joint second position.  As they are on the same number of league points, they must now meet again in a play-off to decide who gains promotion to the second division next season.

Unfortunately, the main talking point from this game was the absolutely shocking display by referee Padraig Hughes.  The highly regarded Cross whistler had a complete nightmare and angered the large number of An Port Mor supporters with most of his decisions.   He set out his stall early in the game by awarding Collegeland several close-in frees which saw them race into a 0-7 to 0-1 lead in the first half.  He also showed An Port Mor's dangerman in attack, Christopher Lennon, a straight red early in the match for some back-chat.  

Six points down and one man down approaching the end of the first half, An Port Mor did haul themselves back into contention by the break with a goal and a point to trail 1-2 to 0-7.  Although Hughes did send Collegeland's Brian McGeary off for a second yellow card offence midway through the second half, he continued to anger the An Port Mor support by awarding the vast majority of free-kicks to Collegeland.  An Port Mor got to within a point of the winners late in the match and also had a good point by Gary Traynor signalled wide by the umpire.  The Blackwater men did not play well tonight but their cause was certainly not helped by the match officials, including one Oliver Hardy (from Belleek) on the sideline.

An Port Mor have lost to Collegeland twice in the league this year and will be hoping it is a case of third time lucky when they meet in the forthcoming promotion play-off.

What a pity to see the standards of the Board plummeting to this. It is surely no coincidence that this Port Mor supporter saw his team defeated in an important fixture, and has now started blindly dispensing insults at Armagh officialdom. These are officials who give their time for the benifit of all of us!

To hear a 'great gael' with an attitude like this is extremely unfortunate. Shame on you!   ;)

stpauls

unfortunately, he has now retired for a second and probably last time!!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/northern_ireland/gaelic_games/7062190.stm

good luck diarmuid, thanks again for your many years of service to the county!!

illdecide

Quote from: drici on October 26, 2007, 10:29:40 AM
Aye,no mention of this on the Board.
It was on RTE radio news yesterday morning (Thursday) at 8-30am.

I knew that as soon as Derry beat us in Clones he was finished

By the way, thats not a bad idea by winsam. what about a good session somewhere neutrel like "Silverbridge" only joking pints :D Aramgh city it is half way to every where
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

corn02

Dromintee are fielding today but of course we would not be relegated as we have fielded all year. The County board gave Cross the points against us as Cross mutually agreed but still went ahead and claimed the points.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: corn02 on October 27, 2007, 04:28:47 PM
Dromintee are fielding today but of course we would not be relegated as we have fielded all year. The County board gave Cross the points against us as Cross mutually agreed but still went ahead and claimed the points.
Ah good oul cross, classy as always.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

TacadoirArdMhacha

Cruppen beat St Pat's 0-11 to 1-4 in the u21 championship today. No complaints from St Pats - beat by a bigger, stronger and hungrier team on the day I thought. Poor enough game but the conditions contributed a lot to that. Decent show from Cullyhanna in the last 20 minutes but the game was lost long before that.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead