Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Iceman

Bambi has a fine career ahead of him, I heard he was helpin out at the Swans?? rub downs?
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

Redhandfan

Collegeland defeated An Port Mor by two points, tonight, in the big Division Three promotion clash at floodlit Abbey Park.  This result means Collegeland and An Port Mor finish the league in joint second position.  As they are on the same number of league points, they must now meet again in a play-off to decide who gains promotion to the second division next season.

Unfortunately, the main talking point from this game was the absolutely shocking display by referee Padraig Hughes.  The highly regarded Cross whistler had a complete nightmare and angered the large number of An Port Mor supporters with most of his decisions.   He set out his stall early in the game by awarding Collegeland several close-in frees which saw them race into a 0-7 to 0-1 lead in the first half.  He also showed An Port Mor's dangerman in attack, Christopher Lennon, a straight red early in the match for some back-chat.  

Six points down and one man down approaching the end of the first half, An Port Mor did haul themselves back into contention by the break with a goal and a point to trail 1-2 to 0-7.  Although Hughes did send Collegeland's Brian McGeary off for a second yellow card offence midway through the second half, he continued to anger the An Port Mor support by awarding the vast majority of free-kicks to Collegeland.  An Port Mor got to within a point of the winners late in the match and also had a good point by Gary Traynor signalled wide by the umpire.  The Blackwater men did not play well tonight but their cause was certainly not helped by the match officials, including one Oliver Hardy (from Belleek) on the sideline.

An Port Mor have lost to Collegeland twice in the league this year and will be hoping it is a case of third time lucky when they meet in the forthcoming promotion play-off.

Edgeofthesquare

I hear Mullaghbawn were playing against Maghery tonight in Silverbridge,.. Any word on the result?

stew

Quote from: Redhandfan on October 24, 2007, 11:03:50 PM
Collegeland defeated An Port Mor by two points, tonight, in the big Division Three promotion clash at floodlit Abbey Park.  This result means Collegeland and An Port Mor finish the league in joint second position.  As they are on the same number of league points, they must now meet again in a play-off to decide who gains promotion to the second division next season.

Unfortunately, the main talking point from this game was the absolutely shocking display by referee Padraig Hughes.  The highly regarded Cross whistler had a complete nightmare and angered the large number of An Port Mor supporters with most of his decisions.   He set out his stall early in the game by awarding Collegeland several close-in frees which saw them race into a 0-7 to 0-1 lead in the first half.  He also showed An Port Mor's dangerman in attack, Christopher Lennon, a straight red early in the match for some back-chat.  

Six points down and one man down approaching the end of the first half, An Port Mor did haul themselves back into contention by the break with a goal and a point to trail 1-2 to 0-7.  Although Hughes did send Collegeland's Brian McGeary off for a second yellow card offence midway through the second half, he continued to anger the An Port Mor support by awarding the vast majority of free-kicks to Collegeland.  An Port Mor got to within a point of the winners late in the match and also had a good point by Gary Traynor signalled wide by the umpire.  The Blackwater men did not play well tonight but their cause was certainly not helped by the match officials, including one Oliver Hardy (from Belleek) on the sideline.

An Port Mor have lost to Collegeland twice in the league this year and will be hoping it is a case of third time lucky when they meet in the forthcoming promotion play-off.

RHF are you still involved with Blackwatertown?

I never had any time for that club, they were always a bunch of louts and back in my day they were always fighting and were nearly as bad as Clady.

RHF I am surprised that you didnt state that the ref caught the ball and from the edge of the square rifled a shot into the blackwatertown goal. That report smacks of bias............. and to think you were all over rufus for his reports on the Harps thread.

Up Collegeland.  ;D
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Onion Bag

Quote from: stew on October 24, 2007, 11:56:28 PM
Quote from: Redhandfan on October 24, 2007, 11:03:50 PM

RHF are you still involved with Blackwatertown?

I never had any time for that club, they were always a bunch of louts and back in my day they were always fighting and were nearly as bad as Clady.

RHF I am surprised that you didnt state that the ref caught the ball and from the edge of the square rifled a shot into the blackwatertown goal. That report smacks of bias............. and to think you were all over rufus for his reports on the Harps thread.

Up Collegeland.  ;D

I would have to agree with Stew on this one, Port Mor always had a reputation for being a mouthy bunch, And at underage were consistently fighting week in week out, I hope Collegeland beat them again and go up, GO ON COLLEGELAND!
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

illdecide

I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Goats Do Shave

Ha ha ha it didn't take ye long getting to another Armagh club game RHF!!

Fair play till ye! - & your wind up on the Harps thread seems to have hit a nerve too!

An Port Mor did have a bad reputation, but I think their current senior panel has shed a lot of that bad culture that some of their predecessors would have been associated with.

Kentucky Blue

Quote from: Edgeofthesquare on October 24, 2007, 11:20:40 PM
I hear Mullaghbawn were playing against Maghery tonight in Silverbridge,.. Any word on the result?

i thoguht this was fixed for the weekend?

Onion Bag

Quote from: Kentucky Blue on October 25, 2007, 10:00:38 AM
Quote from: Edgeofthesquare on October 24, 2007, 11:20:40 PM

i thoguht this was fixed for the weekend?

Yeh, it is fixed for saturday evening @ 04:00pm
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

stpauls

are there any Mullaghbawn posters on the board at all!!

Armagh CĂșchulainns

Quote:
I agree. C'mon Collegeland

Defo, collegeland all the way.
Its all about the Hurling.

Armagh Exile

Quotethoguht this was fixed for the weekend?

The word Fixed seems to be overused at this time of the year in Armagh.

illdecide

i heard that crop in the club last night again about how teams would be relegated if they did not field 3 times and they were reffeering to Dromintee. K Brady will relegate teams to div 4 for this crime. He wouldn't have the balls for this.

High Catch

Quote from: illdecide on October 25, 2007, 12:20:13 PM
i heard that crop in the club last night again about how teams would be relegated if they did not field 3 times and they were reffeering to Dromintee. K Brady will relegate teams to div 4 for this crime. He wouldn't have the balls for this.
What teams are in danger of being relegated due to this new regulation?

illdecide

Quote from: High Catch on October 25, 2007, 12:45:44 PM

Quote from: illdecide on October 25, 2007, 12:20:13 PM
What teams are in danger of being relegated due to this new regulation?

Well apparently Dromintee have not fielded twice this year and if they do it again on sat against Clans that would make it 3 and Div 4. I would love him to try than one on with Cross :D :D