Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

asitis

take off those tinted glasses inthe ,if you are playing your best football in years i'am due an allstar this year. your seniors have gone backwards this year. men there not up for the job i'am afraid. but then your related so i suppose thats why your so loyal.
but no skin off my nose. were playing div 1 football  next year and i'am happy with that.

inthemaking

sorry not our best football but we have finally got a system in place and astyle of play which which can only make us better next year

corn02

Great to see Brendan McKeown in the Star complaining about teams calling off league games before playing them in the championship. Maybe he should be informed that Cross agreed to certain matches being called off even if they di pursue the points.

Six Inch Nail

Asitis, you seem to be very interested in Silverbridge.  Out of 4 posts you have made on the board, 3 have been about the 'Bridge, and none of them complimentary!  This coming someone from another club as well.  By the way what is that club?
Silverbridge Harps GAC, Co. Armagh

pintsofguinness

Quote from: dontcare on October 17, 2007, 01:11:16 PM
heard it also, he has a good CV but the present management are still in place so you cant have a job thats not available, they always used to say he only managed teams he see future potential in so pints you will be happy with his interest even though there is no job???
I know McConville well, sound man, good manager but we don't need him to tell us there's potential in the 'bridge. 

Asitis is twotwocharlie who has some love affair with Ciaran Conlon who is only interested in slating the current managment (men who were sweating for the 'bridge when Conlon was in nappies) because they didn't treat Conlon like some sort of messiah  ::)

not so sure pints. you are 5th in div 2 ,out 1st rnd championship to the mighty st peters,lost county u21 to junior team in louth .
Thats some year. Should have retained the manager you had last year. Youse looked to be going somewhere with him.

I've had a similar discussion with twotwocharlie a while back and he was talking about league positions and championship exits.
The championship exit was a freak, the 'bridge were not the first team to be caught out by an underdog and they certainly won't be the last.
League position, we've struggled with injury all year, we'll probably finish the year now without having one game where we've had a full squad to pick from and that's excluding Bellew and Hamill (who we've been without for most of the year).  Compare to last year when we were very lucky with injuries.
We threw in the towel after the Killeavy defeat when the chance of promotion was gone.  Compare to  last year when the chance of a playoff kept us going to the end.
With three games remaining we now sit on the same points we had at the end of last year.   

I think last years management done a good job in setting the foundations for a team, this years management have built on that and have got themselves a potentially very strong panel.  (B team managment also deserve praise)

There is no point in going up to division 1 because the lads, although some of the most talented we've ever had in the club, are too young.  Unlike other clubs who have good young talent coming through we don't have old experienced leaders on the team though we have exceptionall young leaders.  It'll just take time and I will be amazed if that team don't become, at the very least, a strong division 1 side, at the very least!

You say the team has gone backwards - why don't you tell us why, give us your insight.  Don't start on about championship exits or league positions as that only tells part of the story.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

pintsofguinness

pintsofguinness

QuoteSurely he is a big loss to his own club?
plenty to take his place.

Armagh CĂșchulainns

U21 C'ship Result

Pearse Ogs V Cullyhanna.

Will now be played on Saturday ;D

No it wasnt a draw, the game didnt even take place. ;D

There was a 'vital' ;) U18 Camogie League Play-off due to be thrown in at 6:45 which wasnt thrown in until 7:15. The game itself was 35mins and 37mins respectively a half for a 30min game. The last puck of the game was a 22yrd free, as soon as it was taken before the ball was even caught by another player the ref blew the whistle. The game then moved into extra time where 15+mins where played a half by which stage the word had spread that the game was postponed and refixed for saturday.

Result: Camogie did itself no favours.
Its all about the Hurling.

Onion Bag

Where was that match supposed to take place?
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

dontcare

Quote from: pintsofguinness on October 17, 2007, 06:30:23 PM
Quote from: dontcare on October 17, 2007, 01:11:16 PM
heard it also, he has a good CV but the present management are still in place so you cant have a job thats not available, they always used to say he only managed teams he see future potential in so pints you will be happy with his interest even though there is no job???
I know McConville well, sound man, good manager but we don't need him to tell us there's potential in the 'bridge. 

pints i think you picked me up wrong, i never said 'HE SAID' the bridge had future potential i said he has a record in seeing good FUTURE potential in teams and wanting to manage them cus he feels he can help them get  success. but i also know your present management is good so no place for him,
i know we all heard this rumor but how true is it???????
you at the bridge cruppin game, was the lights good, who won

pintsofguinness

Well we don't need him to show interest for us to know we've potential.

I'm miles and miles and miles from home  :(

dontcare

i know i agree with you, you are one of the young teams in armagh and give a couple of years you would never know,

inthemaking

cruppin won by a point
good entertaining game with some questionable decisions given on both sides including a cruppin penalty

pintsofguinness

I hear the ref was very generous to Cruppen  :-\

David McKeown

When we played up the bridge this year I thought they were the best team we played against all year.  Cutting through us at will.  Not so good when we had them down at our place but then again no one really was.
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner