Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DMarsden

yeah, like our county board are gonna have the cahounas to do that!

Onion Bag

100% agree with you DMARDSDEN, They will shit themselves if that decision came up, It will be interesting to see what way things turn out
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

el_cuervo_fc

Lads there's no point in even thinkin about it.  It would never happen

Onion Bag

Not in a million years, but i cant help wondering if it was another club, would the same apply, i am officially opening this debate!

winsamsoon

Onionbag the clans only missed one game the year and that was against cross. They might aswell not have travelled to a few places but that is another story :D. The clans have one fixture left and that is at home to Dromintee. It will be interesting to see if big cathal travels with the lads because he wasn't to interested last sunday but who can blame him. The threats of relegation is the same shite every year. It is just bullshit talk that is never followed up. but the teams should play their league fixtures out because my own club last year failed to fulfill a fixture against whitecross. this effectively kept them in division one football and this is wrong.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

armaghniac

I suspect there is a certain amount of bollix, or wishful thinking, about Cross not fulfilling their remaining fixtures.

from today's Belly Telly
http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport/gaa/article3050380.ece

"I could live with that if we had meaningful league games to keep us occupied in the meantime but the fact of the matter is that we have had a couple of these games called off already by opponents.

"This means that we are forced to play challenge games and that's not quite what we want. We would much prefer to have decent, competitive games that will keep the squad on their toes because the Ulster Club series will be very demanding," maintains McConville.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

DMarsden

Its farly obvious that there should be a top four semi and final to win the league to keep teams interested

David McKeown

Quote from: Onion Bag on October 11, 2007, 11:45:25 AM
I think the clans havent fielded twice throughout the season, i maybe wrong though, Annaghmore in div 2, have not fielded a couple of times as well, but they are already gone anyway as well

Quite true we did not field in a couple of games, thats the problem with being such a small club.  I think though only one of them counts as a did not field because the other was a re-fixture and fell short on some technicality .  Also were not down yet we just have to beat st patricks killeavy and the nab and hope the tones and peters lose out.  Should be easy enough
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

Onion Bag

Quote from: David McKeown on October 11, 2007, 04:22:12 PM
I think the clans havent fielded twice throughout the season, i maybe wrong though, Annaghmore in div 2, have not fielded a couple of times as well, but they are already gone anyway as well

Quite true we did not field in a couple of games, thats the problem with being such a small club.  I think though only one of them counts as a did not field because the other was a re-fixture and fell short on some technicality .  Also were not down yet we just have to beat st patricks killeavy and the nab and hope the tones and peters lose out.  Should be easy enough

I think you are pissing in the wind david, you might get a result aginst the nab, but the other 2, no chance, they are flying at the min

David McKeown

Quote from: Onion Bag on October 11, 2007, 06:52:55 PM
Quote from: David McKeown on October 11, 2007, 04:22:12 PM

I think you are pissing in the wind david, you might get a result aginst the nab, but the other 2, no chance, they are flying at the min

Yeah I forgot to add the roll eyes smiley there Onion Bag were as good as down, its just a matter now of who will be joining us.
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

deadeyedick

How come league matches are still being played in October.............Armagh went out of c'ship months ago.........inept county board by any chance?

DMarsden

following up on the post about the team for next year, the club "team of the year" from division one would probably be:

McKinney

McKeown
McEntee
Mallon

Kernan
O'Rourke
Dyas

Lavery
O'Neill

Loughran
Shorty
McKenna

some wee boy from dromintee (lightening fast)
McEntee
Watters

bennydorano

Hard to pick a best Club 15 over the year, as very few have seen many league games outside of their own clubs.  For Harps Charlie Vernon has been outstanding all year and should be in with a shout of All county POTY, but it'll prob go to one of the Cross boys I'd assume. Outside of the Harps, others who have caught my eye are Gerard McCoy & Gregory Loughran from the Ogs, the Cullaville CHB (no idea who he is), Gareth O'Neill and half a dozen form the Maghery team who IMO could be Crossmaglen's next realistic challengers in a couple of years time.

naka

i believe that marty ferris, and loughran from cruppen  were invited to armagh meeting the other nite, any other new names( keenanwas also there)

Candyman

McCoy, Loughran and Clarke were the others i heard mentioned? El Cuervo can clear this up.... ;)