Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

winsamsoon

I've said this before lads we are all at games and witness incidents whether we are playing or spectating. These stories are then retold afterwards in the club house and some people get hot and bothered because although they were at the same game they have a totally different version. This is what makes the board so interesting. It is like a penalty kick decision. people will say it wasn't a penalty, people will say it was. we all have different views on different incidents. Now we can't even agree on them five days after they have happened. Refs have only got a split second to make the judgement call. It is clear they are going to get it wrong. I don't condemn robbery as i have witnessed by certain refs. But i do acknowledge that they make mistakes. But hitting them or laying hands on them is a no no. The county board will clamp down heavy on the incident because the refs will be giving them it in the neck and probably threatening strike action unless they are satisfied.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

Aghdavoyle

Quote from: winsamsoon on October 09, 2007, 02:12:23 PM
It is like a penalty kick decision. people will say it wasn't a penalty, people will say it was. we all have different views on different incidents. Now we can't even agree on them five days after they have happened. Refs have only got a split second to make the judgement call.

All penalty decisions?  ;)

armaghtrue

Quote from: Hank Everlast on October 09, 2007, 01:30:05 PM
have to agree, the ref needs to be protected. if they feel intimidated then the game is f@%ked!
i think the county board has to take the blame on this one. as said before it happened 2 years ago and how did the county board punish ballymacnab?? they gave them CLUB OF THE YEAR!!! then they went on to disgrace the county with their behaviour in casement park all because they were made out to be great people after what happened. when something like this happens a club should be kicked out of all senior competitions for 5 years, but once again our county board made a joke of itself and we have the same problem 2 years later

corn02

Quote from: younggael on October 09, 2007, 12:40:25 PM
Quote from: corn02 on October 09, 2007, 10:39:28 AM
Younggael every team has injustices were a player is hit and nothing is done about it. I would imagine it happens every couple of games, it is not a excuse to handle an official no matter how big or small the club may be.

are you tyring to justify players hitting each other, you either condone violence or you don't!

Ok maybe you should reread what I said. I wrote that in response to you saying about Clonmore having problems signing people if players get hit and the ref does nothing. I stated that this happens with every team and no matter how big or small the club is they can not manhandle a referee. I do not see anything there to justify players hitting each other?

pintsofguinness

Quote from: armaghtrue on October 09, 2007, 08:38:33 PM
Quote from: Hank Everlast on October 09, 2007, 01:30:05 PM
have to agree, the ref needs to be protected. if they feel intimidated then the game is f@%ked!
i think the county board has to take the blame on this one. as said before it happened 2 years ago and how did the county board punish ballymacnab?? they gave them CLUB OF THE YEAR!!! then they went on to disgrace the county with their behaviour in casement park all because they were made out to be great people after what happened. when something like this happens a club should be kicked out of all senior competitions for 5 years, but once again our county board made a joke of itself and we have the same problem 2 years later
Ballymacnab hardly disgraced the county in Casement, a bit of pushing and shoving was about the height of it and they were unlucky to be made an example of because the media!  Wasn't it the ulster Council who handed down that punishment? The same people who allowed 8 or 9 St Pat's players off their suspensions for an awful lot worse and no don't worry, I'm not starting all that again!

Say some tool in the club hits a referee, why, in the name of Jesus, should the whole club be punished? 
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

armaghtrue

Ballymacnab hardly disgraced the county in Casement, a bit of pushing and shoving was about the height of it and they were unlucky to be made an example of because the media!  Wasn't it the ulster Council who handed down that punishment? The same people who allowed 8 or 9 St Pat's players off their suspensions for an awful lot worse and no don't worry, I'm not starting all that again!

Say some tool in the club hits a referee, why, in the name of Jesus, should the whole club be punished? 
[/quote]
i think it was more than 1 tool that caused all that a couple of years ago with ballymacnab with the ref and yes they did show armagh county up with their behaviour in casement. if they had got what they deserved then we wouldn't have this shit now. what you're saying is it was ok for ballymacnab players and supporters to fight in casement aslong as the media wasn't there??? i don't think so..  once again it makes our county board a laughing stock.. i think the last good thing they done was appoint joe kernan resulting in the all ireland, since then they've been a joke

pintsofguinness

Quotei think it was more than 1 tool that caused all that a couple of years ago with ballymacnab with the ref and yes they did show armagh county up with their behaviour in casement. if they had got what they deserved then we wouldn't have this shit now. what you're saying is it was ok for ballymacnab players and supporters to fight in casement aslong as the media wasn't there??? i don't think so..  once again it makes our county board a laughing stock.. i think the last good thing they done was appoint joe kernan resulting in the all ireland, since then they've been a joke
I can't comment on the Ballymacnab incident but surely this is one person in clonmore, should the club pay for one person's actions, even two or three people's actions!  Ballymacnab got their field closed for a year - is that not enough for you? 
No of course I'm not saying it's ok for any team to fight, what I'm saying is they got punished because of the media hype, if there was no media there I bet there would be no punishments.  That isn't right, in fact, it's quite wrong!

fcuksake

Quote from: qub la la la on October 09, 2007, 01:15:49 PM
Quote from: fcuksake on October 07, 2007, 04:07:46 PM
Quote from: qub la la la on October 06, 2007, 06:36:10 PM
cruppen u21s earned a well deserved victory over the harps by 2 points in a hard hitting game. great stuff to watch of a saturday afternoon.

I wouldnt say it was well deserved, 2 minutes of madness in the Harps defence midway through the second half handed victory to Cruppen on a plate.

Have to say, I have never heard such foul mouthed supporters in my life. From the start to finish. Unbelievable, women and all.

I would say it was well deserved. And the two minutes of madness was caused by Mr Clarke's poor tactical knowledge. cruppen pulled a man back and instead of harps playing their spare man in front of the full forward line who were causing havoc when the ball was played out in front of them, the harps defender went and played as an extra forward leaving loads of room for the cruppen attackers.

Maybe if you opened your ears you would hear your own at it too, women and all.

You have to take the chances when provided, harps 2 goals were scrappy, cruppen's three were all pure class. They should have stuffed yous.

Open my Ears (have you seen the size of them),  :o :o,

You're right, ('yous should have stuffed us')...Does Cruppin expect to win the U-21 cship (just like the SFC) with the team they had out against a very poor Harps side. Waken up and smell the coffee, if you meet Cross expect at leaset a 15pt defeat.

I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.

Onion Bag

[/quote

ARMAGH GAEL
Catch a grip of youreself,i honestly think you have a chip on shoulder about Ballymacnab. They hardly disgraced the county in casement. All the bans were lifted after there was no evidence to prove. it was only handbags anyway. With regards to the referee incident, he was shoved/pushed whatever you wat to call it, and i want to make it clear that i, in no way condone what happened, but being kicked out of all senior competitions for 5 years, wise up!
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

el_cuervo_fc

Quote from: pintsofguinness on October 09, 2007, 09:41:01 PM
Quotei think it was more than 1 tool that caused all that a couple of years ago with ballymacnab with the ref and yes they did show armagh county up with their behaviour in casement. if they had got what they deserved then we wouldn't have this shit now. what you're saying is it was ok for ballymacnab players and supporters to fight in casement aslong as the media wasn't there??? i don't think so..  once again it makes our county board a laughing stock.. i think the last good thing they done was appoint joe kernan resulting in the all ireland, since then they've been a joke
I can't comment on the Ballymacnab incident but surely this is one person in clonmore, should the club pay for one person's actions, even two or three people's actions!  Ballymacnab got their field closed for a year - is that not enough for you? 
No of course I'm not saying it's ok for any team to fight, what I'm saying is they got punished because of the media hype, if there was no media there I bet there would be no punishments.  That isn't right, in fact, it's quite wrong!

man-handling of a ref is just pure idiocy and cowardice.  The offending individual should be severely punished and rightly so.  I don't think the club should be disciplined though.  Every club has it's fair share of lunatics.  You can't control everybody.

On the topic of Ballymacnab, I don't see how they disgraced themselves in Casement.  It would be the same with any club when a fight starts, People get involved.

was the closing of the pitch not a different matter?  Was this not because of a pitch invasion during a row?  

Onion Bag

The closure of the pitch was because of the referee inncident, Basically after the game the ref was man handled by a supporter, there wasnt one player involved. and the pitch was closed for a year. (I must stress again i am not justifying what happened)

The other shite down on casement was totally blew out of proportion, There was not one supporter involved and it was purely handbags. and the ulster council managed to give out 12 month bans to fellas and all this sort of shite, and then half way through them they lifted them due to lack of evidence.

Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

BrianBoru

Quote from: Onion Bag on October 10, 2007, 08:55:02 AM

[/quote

You can't blame the Co.Board for giving Ballymacnab 'Club of the Year' as it is the  clubs who vote on it. Please explain to me how they disgraced themselves in Casement. Unfort these incidents are part of our game, culture?? Surly you should know this, if you have ever played football. We could recall various incidents down through the years in club matches - Og/Clans, County - Armagh/Tyrone Ulster Final, Omagh 89 & the Com. Rules - Nearly every year. Stewartstown showed their true colours in the replay when they had 4 players sent off & not one Nab player recieved a caution.

naka

how did cruppen/silverbridge and clann rireann/killeavey go

pintsofguinness

illdecide

Quote from: pintsofguinness on October 10, 2007, 01:23:35 PM
bridge V Cruppen off

Cruppin will be in tears (unless they called it off)

The ref discussion seems to have worn it's self out so whats next???
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch