Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

illdecide

Quote from: corn02 on October 08, 2007, 11:45:58 AM
Illdecide who is this bubbles? He looked brave and small next to the players when he was telling them off.

He's from Wolf Tones and his name is S Murray (i think it's Stephen) Full page in last weeks Sunday World for getting emptied
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

corn02

Missed the story in the paper, what happened?

psg30

i was playing in the match against sarsfields yesterday and the refereeing was a disgrace. clonmore received only two Free's in the twenty minutes that were played. The referee didn't even know the basic rules of the game, for the record we have had no sendings off int the previous two years of football. We however received two in two games from the same ref. the referee was not assaulted as was claimed, but pushed on the shoulder. This was after a clonmore player was struck in front of him, the clonmore player did retaliate but only the clonmore man received a Red card. another example was a free given to clonmore not being taken because sarsfiels played on, they scored a point from this. a joke of a referee not fit to officiate at an u 8 match!!!!

corn02

psg does not matter handling an official is a disgrace.

Candyman

he was leaving the changing rooms after a match when supporters started giving him abuse!! 1 clown in particular was giving loads and the ref thought he was coming over to him but the supporters car was beside his so he didnt worry!! long story short he gets into the car and the supporter punches him in through the window breaking his nose and 2 black eyes.....

Hank Everlast

elcuervo, dats the same donkey that reffed our championship defeat this year, we had a really really strong wind behind us in the 1st half and were 7 points up, he blew up for half time after 25 mins... this was brought to his attention and he apologised and admitted his mistake and then decided to play 35 mins in the second half to make up for his mistake, wen they had the wind, and we got beat by a point!

tool bag....

illdecide

Quote from: Candyman on October 08, 2007, 01:03:22 PM
he was leaving the changing rooms after a match when supporters started giving him abuse!! 1 clown in particular was giving loads and the ref thought he was coming over to him but the supporters car was beside his so he didnt worry!! long story short he gets into the car and the supporter punches him in through the window breaking his nose and 2 black eyes.....

Correct Candy man ;)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

pintsofguinness

Dont forget about yon **** Ollie Hearty.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

tevez

Saturday 13th October
Classic Mineral Water Company U21FCh @ 2.00pm extra time if necessary
@ Portadown—Tir na nOg v Silverbridge—Jim Slevin
@ Derrymacash—Wolfe Tones v Clan na Gael—Ronan Quigley
@ Camlough—Shane O'Neills v Madden—Barney Henry
@ Cullyhanna—St.Patricks v Pearse Og—Seamus O'Neill                           
@ Dromintee—Dromintee v Whitecross—Noel Martin
@ Derrytrasna—Sarsfields v Carrickcruppin—Jimmy McKee
@ Keady—Keady v Killeavy—Michael Leonard
@ Crossmaglen—Crossmaglen v Granemore—Brendan Gorman

Would say Cullyhanna Ogs game and Cross Granemore game will be called off to the following week, due to minor county final

full back

Senior Fixtures

Armagh GAA Fixtures

Tuesday 9th October
Boyle Transport ACL @ 7.30pm
Division 1
Harps v Maghery—Padraig Hughes
Division 2
Clann Eireann v Killeavy—Kevin Gallogly
(8.00pm)Silverbridge v Carrickcruppin—Ger Devlin

Friday 12th October
Boyle Transport ACL @ 7.30pm
@ Ballymacnab—Tullysarran v Collegeland—Padraig Hughes

Sunday 14th October
Boyle Transport ACL
Division 1 @ 2.00pm
Whitecross v Pearse Og—Seamus O'Neill
Dromintee v Harps—Jim Burns
Cullaville v Tir na nOg—Paul Boylan

Division 2 @ 2.00pm
Killeavy v Annaghmore—Barney Henry
St.Peters v Clann Eireann—Padraig Hughes
Ballymacnab v St.Patricks—Jim Lynch
St.Michaels v Silverbridge—Eamon Nugent
Granemore v Wolfe Tones—Joseph Murtagh
@ noon—Keady v Carrickcruppin—Rory Robinson

Division 3 @ 2.00pm
Madden v Ballyhegan—Henry McCloy
St.Pauls v Collegeland—Noel Martin
Clonmore v Lissummon—Tony O'Hare
Clady v An Port Mor—Dessie McDonnell
Middletown v Sarsfields—Kevin McNiece
Crossmaglen 2nds v Tullysarran—Sean McClelland

Division 4 @ 2.00pm
O'Hanlons v Belleek—Michael Leonard
Phelim Bradys v Derrynoose—Kevin Gallogly
Grange v Dorsey Emmetts—Kevin Murtagh
Mullabrack v Eire Og—Gary Smith
Forkhill v Shane O'Neills—Ronan Quigley

winsamsoon

I wasn't the umpire at the top goal aghda but i know who you are refering to it was big stag . Our club provide food and stuff after games aswell but it is like all things some clubs are better than others. Dromintee are up there with the best in the lands keep it coming lads.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

winsamsoon

Oh and i love the irony now about the refs it was only a few months agao myself and i'll decide were speaking of how the standard was brutal and we got a little abuse. Now all of a sudden it is all rosey in the garden to slag the refs  :D ;) i love these moments.

SouthArmaghBandit

I'm all for slaggin off refs when its deserved an it usually is.
But lets not start condoning attacks on them FFS! When word of this assault spreads refs will be worried about their personal safety.
We could find it hard to get new and better refs. It takes guts to travel to a match on your own and take charge of a game and take all the stick that they get from players and supporters.
I agree that the standard is poor. Most of youse are talking about Div 1/2. You should see that standard below that and at juvenile level!!  >:(
The county board should be doing more to attract the right sort of fella to refereeing. Slaggin them in public and attacking them in the car park is counter productive. We need a new approach to recruitment and training.

winsamsoon

I agree bandit the line is crossed when someone gets assaulted .

younggael

i really doubt if u could say that referee got assaulted