Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stew

The Armagh board have had their fair of feck ups in the past few months and McGeeney is right to take a job outside of the County if he wants to, it is not as if we did anything to keep him now is it!

We are in a state of disarray at the moment and some senior players are hating the fact that Grimley didnt get the big job and some may not play for the new man. MCGeeney gets to bring his experience and drive and energy to a different County and I will be pulling for him all the way. The man is a legend and has given us everything he has and he owes us exactly nothing and I for one hope he has nothing but success.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

winsamsoon

How is Mc Geeney  managing a U 16 team going to help the probable future Armagh manager.

Well corn if you can't see how this would help a future Armagh senior manager then i am afraid i ain't going to point it out to you but it is crystal clear. Once again you guys have not understood because there are still people posting hinting that i am against Mc Geeney and wish him no success. You couldn't be further of the mark. Stew when you say some may not play for the new man, who would you be refering to??? The "new man" has done nothing wrong in this instance. Some people tend to forget this. They feel Mc geeney and grimley were hard doen by so they automatically blame the man who got the job. The Blame shouldn't lie with Mc Donnell. He only applied for a job basically and got it. The county board should be held responsible if there were behind the door goings on. We should get behind Mc Donnell and give him support for the coming season after all the man is willing to give up his time and put his neck on the line.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

full back

Quote from: winsamsoon on October 05, 2007, 02:23:27 PM
How is Mc Geeney  managing a U 16 team going to help the probable future Armagh manager.

Well corn if you can't see how this would help a future Armagh senior manager then i am afraid i ain't going to point it out to you but it is crystal clear.

I would prefer if the future Armagh manager (and I am not saying it will be Mc Geeney) managed another inter county team and got to grips with what the job entails rather than an under 16 team ???

DMarsden

Quote from: winsamsoon on October 05, 2007, 02:23:27 PM

The "new man" has done nothing wrong in this instance. Some people tend to forget this. They feel Mc geeney and grimley were hard doen by so they automatically blame the man who got the job. The Blame shouldn't lie with Mc Donnell. He only applied for a job basically and got it.

I'm afraid you are not too well informed

winsamsoon

yeah i never claimed to be well informed, but it seems that a lot of people on this board have heard a loto rumours and have decided to take them as gospel. I would be grateful if someone could actually clarify the whole issue. Marsden you are seeming to indicate that Mc Donnell was involved in some sort of coup or scandal so how do you get this information???

pintsofguinness

Quote from: crossfire on October 04, 2007, 07:06:29 PM
The Ogs must have got a new Physio recently and he is doing a brilliant job.

It was amazing that not one of their players went down with the dreaded cramp during sundays county final.

In contrast when they beat us in the league earlier in the year every one of their players, with the exception of the goalkeeper, suffered from cramp in the last ten minutes.

Well done Physio.
Your club win 12 in a row and that's what you have to say?   ::)
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

corn02

Winsamsoon, McGeeney taking the Armagh U 16s may be good for the players who may turn into senior players, it may also be a feel good factor for the County. The fact is that in a few years if McGeeney applied for the job and somehow managed to avoid the politics of the County Board taking Kildare seniors would look alot more impressive than Armagh U 16.

winsamsoon

Ok corn we will agree to disagree because i still don't think you are getting what i am saying.

umgolaarmagh

I think your missing the bigger picture here

I will make it simple

Armagh u16/u18/u21 = £00000

Kildare Seniors =£???????

Fair play to mcgeeney and grimley, hope it works out for them and all the best to the two of them

winsamsoon

So you are a man of little principles then if you can accept money over your own county. I personally would do all in my power first within my own county but we are all different.

Red Hurley

There are many club managers in Armagh taking payment from their own clubs. Fair play to Geezer and Big Paul, Good Luck to them.

Uladh

Quote from: winsamsoon on October 06, 2007, 12:53:59 PM
So you are a man of little principles then if you can accept money over your own county. I personally would do all in my power first within my own county but we are all different.

you can only make a choice if you have more than one options. you consistently make assumptions that are wrong.

umgolaarmagh

Winsamsoon

have been reading your posts over this matter, i would suggest you take a few days to think about what your writing.

You talk about principles!!!!

Would that be the same principles shown by the Cross/County board  ;D

qub la la la

cruppen u21s earned a well deserved victory over the harps by 2 points in a hard hitting game. great stuff to watch of a saturday afternoon.

TacadoirArdMhacha

St Pats drew with Killeavy today. 0-10 a piece. Very tight game and the draw was probably fair enough. Thought we dominated proceedings for a brave while, espicially after the first 10 minutes of the 2nd half but Killeavy did look a bit sharper up front and missed chances maybe cost us a point.

They say referees play for draw but the fella today did everything possible to avoid a draw. 8/9 minutes of injury time in the second half when 5 would have been more appropriate!

Draw's a decent enough result for us - puts us that bit closer towards the finish line. Another victory should be enough for promotion (I think).
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead