Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

full back

Correct you are winsam

On the issue of his former team mates, why should they be annoyed that he is managing another county?
He has retired from inter-county football, couldnt manage his native county so he was left to either manage a club team or manage no team?
Why is the timing bad?

winsamsoon

well full back there is a wee thing called loyalties. I am of the opinion that your club should always be your club and your county your county. This entails playing management and the whole package. People will have different views on the issues but myself personally have lost a little respect for him for turning his back on his past and going to promote gaelic games and success in another county.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

full back

Quote from: winsamsoon on October 03, 2007, 03:39:01 PM
myself personally have lost a little respect for him for turning his back on his past and going to promote gaelic games and success in another county.

I assume then you have lost respect for Micko, Paidi, Brian Mc Ivor etc etc
Come to think of it is Bumpy some sort of sports officer in Derry? That means he is promoting Gaelic Games & success in another county - you lost respect for one of your clubmates as well?

The management position within his own county was taken, he was offered another one & took it. How can you lose respect for him because of that?

Onion Bag

Fair play to Geezer, Why wouldnt he Go and manage somewhere else, What do people expect him to do? Hes not involved with the Armagh set up anymore as a player or on the mangement side of things. the guy would for the GAA, and an opening came up for him, and yes he probably got a few Euro, but why wouldnt he take it. Does people expect him to sit about waiting on the county board to get their heads out of their asses, Good luck Geezer!
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

winsamsoon

Full back i am not talking about micko bumpy or any other ones i am talking about mc Geeney. Have one argument at a time  otherwise the whole thing gets confused. If one of my teams mates had played football with me all my life and then 3 months after retiring he went to manage St peters or someone else i woul lose some respect for him aswell because i would feel he should be putting his efforts back into his own club team. What is wrong Mc Geeney couldn't have taken one of our ( Armagh) under age development teams?? Has it got to the stage where these county players are above the average club . My main gripe is the fac that it is out of Armagh. I can't understand a man with Mc Genneys passion making this decision so soon. If i am coming across as totally lambasting him i don't mean to because i understand that he is an ordinary working class guy ad he is loctaed in Dublin but surely you guys will agree that mc Geeney going to Kildare is a major negative for Armagh.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

Onion Bag

Winsamsoon,

To be honest i hadnt thought of minors or U21's, It is a fair argument that you are making, He is a major loss to the County as a whole. I am guessing down the line sometime in a year or 2, he will come back with some Senior intercounty management behind him, and Armagh will have a great assest on board
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

SouthArmaghBandit

Quote from: winsamsoon on October 03, 2007, 04:31:58 PM
Full back i am not talking about micko bumpy or any other ones i am talking about mc Geeney. Have one argument at a time  otherwise the whole thing gets confused. If one of my teams mates had played football with me all my life and then 3 months after retiring he went to manage St peters or someone else i woul lose some respect for him aswell because i would feel he should be putting his efforts back into his own club team. What is wrong Mc Geeney couldn't have taken one of our ( Armagh) under age development teams?? Has it got to the stage where these county players are above the average club . My main gripe is the fac that it is out of Armagh. I can't understand a man with Mc Genneys passion making this decision so soon. If i am coming across as totally lambasting him i don't mean to because i understand that he is an ordinary working class guy ad he is loctaed in Dublin but surely you guys will agree that mc Geeney going to Kildare is a major negative for Armagh.
I agree with Winsomsoon. I thought at first you were getting tore into him but now you have clarified I agree with you. He is a loss and there's something going on. I believe he was pushed and was probably told he wasn't wanted for any other position within the county ie u21, Minor.
It's a negative for Armagh alright but what else could he do in the circumstances given that he still wants to actively involved in the association? Thank God he didn't go to Tyrone of Down, that's one consolation I suppose.

pintsofguinness

Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Uladh

Surely any man can only take up a post he has been offered?

"your club is your club and your county is your county". what sort of shite talk is that. spoken like a man who would never be in demand beyond his own four walls.

McGeeney had been told in no uncertain terms that he was not required in any capacity in armagh. other teams were lining up to buy his expertise and experience. anyone with an ounce of ambition or belief in themselves would have to have the balls to go somewhere with less potential and try to make them winners.

Is McDonnel similarly tainted for managing erigal, burren and harps?
what about joe for applying for the louth and cavan jobs?

McGeeney is a noted motivator & leader of men, is regarded among his peers as tactically astute and expert in the now vital aspect of the county game that is psychological warfare. As his own county considered him surplus to requirements, ifor one am delighted that his unique approach to our game will not be lost.

personally, i reacted to this appointment similarly to that of loughnane's return to county hurling. great to have as many great men as we can involved. God knows we're losing enough for various reasons

SouthArmaghBandit

Quote from: pintsofguinness on October 03, 2007, 06:44:45 PM
He was pushed alright. (fact)

That's the second time today that you have agreed with me POG! I'm getting worried  :). PM me details of what you heard.

dontcare

not wanting to start a roumor but i heard that geezer is getting a good few euro and is offered a stake in the ownership and breeding rites of a thorough-bred stallion in the kildare area, this horse is apparantly owned by one of the kildare county board ;) ;)

Armagh4SamAgain

Quote from: dontcare on October 03, 2007, 07:28:22 PM
not wanting to start a roumor but i heard that geezer is getting a good few euro and is offered a stake in the ownership and breeding rites of a thorough-bred stallion in the kildare area, this horse is apparantly owned by one of the kildare county board ;) ;)
Well no what! you just did start a rumor!  >:(
'We just go out to play our football and let the critics say what they want. They usually do anyway"

pintsofguinness

Quote from: SouthArmaghBandit on October 03, 2007, 06:53:56 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on October 03, 2007, 06:44:45 PM
He was pushed alright. (fact)

That's the second time today that you have agreed with me POG! I'm getting worried  :). PM me details of what you heard.
No don't be worried, I haven't forgotten the lies you told about the 'bridge.   ;)
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

RICH TEA

well done to our girls cullyhanna tonight in the league, another good win against the bridge for cullyhanna will do the hearts good. although i was a bit annoyed at one of our well known senior team being abuisive to some kids from the bridge, hope they dont tar us all with the same brush

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: Candyman on October 03, 2007, 09:22:54 AM
I may have picked this up wrong but...  ::)
I think what Rufus is trying to say is that potentially we could have had these players on the field sunday last but for 1 reason or another they were not????

Correct Candyman - the point I am trying to make is that we have haemorrhaged some amount of players in the last ten to fifteen years, and the point about county standard was to reiterate the loss of talent. Others missing include Martin McKenna, Philip and Gary McKinney, Damian Jordan, Emlyn Bratton, Shane Nugent etc etc. In a club like Cross, that simply wouldn't happen!