Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

corn02

Winsamsoon you are a case, A WUM perhaps? I can only imagine Illdecide is cringing at some of your posts.

As stated the question is not about the second best team in Armagh but how Armagh teams would fare in Ulster seeing as we are precieved as a joke County. Great post Rufus, I am too young to appreciate them teams apart from maybe Ogs and obviously Dromintee.

Also I agree, Maghery for me are quickly becoming a top Armagh side. They have youth and a good solid base of players to build on. I have not seen too much of them but have seen them play well, and when they play well they are deadly.

RICH TEA

pints will they not be playing sat and Sunday anyhow whit the game at the opening, could they not have played cruppin for that game? who are you playing that day?

is it true that c conlon got his transfer and played last weekend for young Irelanders in dundalk and scored 4 points, could be bull but i heard it,

Is this team in dUNDALK ANY GOOD.

for the people who are debating on who is the second best team in armagh i don't know its a silly debate but i suppose it has to be discussed as there are so many teams on the same level in armagh but below the power of crossmaglen as they have 12 in a row,

deadeyedick

"Well for our part BC we defintely have potential, but the prevailing attitude will see to it that we will come nowhere near to fulfilling that potential. We played Cross in the league last Sunday week, and with a degree of comfort I could have named a Harps 1 to 15 that the Harps could have fielded that would have hammered the Harps team that lined out - the team I could name would have included 9/10 County Minors and 4 County Seniors. It's a real pity, and I see it repeated elsewhere throughout the County to a bigger or lesser extent."

Spoken like Joe Darragh ;)

pintsofguinness

rich tea
Quotepints will they not be playing sat and Sunday anyhow whit the game at the opening, could they not have played cruppin for that game? who are you playing that day?

is it true that c conlon got his transfer and played last weekend for young Irelanders in dundalk and scored 4 points, could be bull but i heard it,

Is this team in dUNDALK ANY GOOD.
We're playing maghery on sunday, there's big difference in playing a friendly at the opening of the field and playing Cruppen in a league game.

Conlon got his transfer through, I know nothing about his new club other than his Da manages them.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

inthemaking

both maghery and the 'bridge have an excellent relationship which stems back long before my existence and when maghery opened their field 3-4 years ago they invited us up to play on that day so am sure you can understand why we would like to enjoy the occasion instead of having the pressure of a league game

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: deadeyedick on October 02, 2007, 08:43:11 PM
"Well for our part BC we defintely have potential, but the prevailing attitude will see to it that we will come nowhere near to fulfilling that potential. We played Cross in the league last Sunday week, and with a degree of comfort I could have named a Harps 1 to 15 that the Harps could have fielded that would have hammered the Harps team that lined out - the team I could name would have included 9/10 County Minors and 4 County Seniors. It's a real pity, and I see it repeated elsewhere throughout the County to a bigger or lesser extent."

Spoken like Joe Darragh ;)

You could be right you know - let me see if I can rise to the challenge!!

Harps players, with County experience, who did not play against Crossmaglen Rangers last Sunday Week!

Nippy Swift - Armagh Senior
Peadar Toal - Armagh Senior
Collie Holmes - Tyrone Senior
JP Donnelly - Armagh Senior

Senior Total - 4

Brian Garvey - Armagh minor
Conor Grimes - Armagh minor
Bambi McCourt - Armagh minor
Paddy Grimes - Armagh minor
Willie McSorley - Armagh minor
Paddy Morrison - Armagh minor
Pearse Basketfield - Armagh minor
Minnie Holmes - Tyrone minor
Sean Morrison - Armagh minor
Kyle McGuigan - Armagh minor

Minor Total - 10

I quit at ten - there are others that might/could have been included, but the ref stopped this one to avoid further punishment!!  ;)

Dead eyed, mabe not, but dick..........

pintsofguinness

QuoteHarps players, with County experience, who did not play against Crossmaglen Rangers last Sunday Week!

Who wants to tell Rufus?

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: pintsofguinness on October 02, 2007, 10:19:47 PM
QuoteHarps players, with County experience, who did not play against Crossmaglen Rangers last Sunday Week!

Who wants to tell Rufus?

I'm afraid you're going to have to read the small print young Pints!

The match I'm referring to was a league fixture played Sunday week ago - you don't I assume have the date when JP's 'alleged' transfer went through?!?!  ::)

diesel-smuggler

carrickcruppen beat clann eireann tonight in div.2 on a scoreline of 1-16 to 1-5

need a favour from st.pats now this weekend if our chances of promotion are to materialise!

pintsofguinness

"young pints"  ;D

Transfer or not I don't think you can say he's a Harps player anymore.

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: pintsofguinness on October 02, 2007, 10:41:52 PM
"young pints"  ;D

Transfer or not I don't think you can say he's a Harps player anymore.

Well the underlying theme of what I was trying to say was that the Harps could and should have been achieving so much more, given the players that we have had. Attitudes though would undermine totally that potential - those attitudes can manifest themselves in many many ways, i.e. from not putting it in at training to looking a transfer away!

umgolaarmagh

Rufus, Sure JP's an Ogs Man

You not up to date on current events in the big smoke ;D

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: umgolaarmagh on October 02, 2007, 11:28:18 PM
Rufus, Sure JP's an Ogs Man

You not up to date on current events in the big smoke ;D

Well, sure I'll wait for the official word!  ;)

SouthArmaghBandit

Our Senior Championship has become a joke. It's as about competitive as the Leinster hurling championship. I think it's time to alter the formate of the competion. I would make 3 suggestions that I think could improve things:

1. Amalgamations should be allowed to play in the SFC -South, Mid and North Armagh - made up of players whose clubs play IFC or JFC.
2. The SFC should be played off with 4 groups of 4. This will give the amalgamated clubs a chance to get used to playing together.
3. The SFC Final should be played at a neutral venue.

pintsofguinness