Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pintsofguinness

Quote from: dontcare on October 01, 2007, 02:40:26 PM
pints i now know what your talking about, hope this doesnt happen this time, can this person not be stopped at his little games,

so i suppose there will be reund the clock watches on the new pitches until next weeks big event,

You going, i hear some of your player have been asked to play along with the county team for sundays game with Louth, first game under new managment at your fields must feel good.
Well there were attempts made to talk to him but you may as well be talking to the wall.
Who's our lads asked to play with armagh? I didn't hear that. 
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Onion Bag on October 01, 2007, 04:08:27 PM
I heard it was his hamstring on the same leg as his Bad knee
When he went down I was sure it was his hamstring but he was pointing to and receing attention on more to the side/back of his knee.

dontcare

Quote from: pintsofguinness on October 01, 2007, 05:58:19 PM
pints i now know what your talking about, hope this doesnt happen this time, can this person not be stopped at his little games,

so i suppose there will be reund the clock watches on the new pitches until next weeks big event,

You going, i hear some of your player have been asked to play along with the county team for sundays game with Louth, first game under new managment at your fields must feel good.
Well there were attempts made to talk to him but you may as well be talking to the wall.

not sure pints just heard 3 of them were to be picked to play with them i thought you may know, who would get the chance you think?????

pintsofguinness

Quote from: dontcare on October 01, 2007, 09:53:08 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on October 01, 2007, 05:58:19 PM

not sure pints just heard 3 of them were to be picked to play with them i thought you may know, who would get the chance you think?????
I hear 3 or 4 will play with the county sunday, it's up to the players who they put forward. 

pintsofguinness

ARMAGH CLUB FIXTURES FOR W/E SUNDAY 7 SEPTEMBER 2007

Tuesday 2 October

ACL – Div. II (7.30)
Clann Eireann v Carrickcruppen (Paul Rath)

Saturday 6 October

Armagh Under-21 Football Championship – 1st Round (2.00)
Granemore v St John's (Ronan Quigley)
Sarsfields v Eire Og (Sean McClelland)
Clann Eireann v Whitecross (Jim Slevin)
St Paul's v Silverbridge (Noel Martin)
Keady v Culloville (Eamon Nugent)
Madden v Kevin Barry's (Damian McConville)
Shane O'Neill's v Mullaghbawn (Patrick Duffy)
Harps v Carrickcruppen (Mickey Leonard)
Tir na nÓg v Maghery (Frank McDonald)

First named team has home advantage
Extra time, if necessary, in all games

Sunday 7 October

ACL – Div. I (12.00)
Dromintee v Clan na Gael (Stephen Murray)
Harps v Maghery (Paudie Hughes)
Pearse Og v Culloville (Gary Smith)
Tir na nÓg v Crossmaglen (Vincent O'Neill)

ACL – Div. II (12.00)
Keady v Ballymacnab (Dessie McDonnell)
Silverbridge v Carrickcruppen (Gerard Devlin)
Clann Eireann v Granemore (Henry McCloy)
St Patrick's v Killeavey (Mickey Leonard)
Wolfe Tones v St Michael's (Paul Boylan)

ACL – Div. III (12.00)
Lissummon v Clady (Jimmy McKee)
Sarsfields v Clonmore (Stephen McKinley)
Collegeland v Crossmaglen II (Barney Henry)
An Port Mor v Madden (Oliver Hearty)
Tullysaran v Middletown (Damian McConville)
Ballyhegan v St Peter's (Kevin Gallogly)

ACL – Div. IV (12.00)
Eire Og v Grange (Ronan Quigley)
Shane O'Neill's v Mullaghbrack (Jim Lynch)
Corrinshego v O'Hanlon's (Brendan Gorman)
Dorsey Emmett's v Phelim Brady's (Noel Martin)

Official Opening of Silverbridge Harps New Field
Armagh v Louth (3.45)

diesel-smuggler

carrickcruppen game with silverbridge will now take place in silverbridge on tuesday night of next week under floodlights to facilitate the opening of the new field on sunday at silverbridge!

Aghdavoyle

Drominte have played and more ofte than not beaten the likes of Ballinderry, Bellaghy, Mayobridge, E Ciaran & st galls over the last 4 or 5 years. that really doesn't mean a whole pile though as a ulster club championship game brings to bear a whole different set of conditions. obviously cross are one of the best and i would say dromintee could be competitive in the ulster club but beyond that i don't think there's an armagh club that'd be capable of wnning too many games... bar beating the donegal champions who nver seem to win a game.

Maximus Marillius

Quote from: Onion Bag on October 01, 2007, 04:07:36 PM
Here Here Full Back, You hit the nail on the head, ' a well oiled machine' people are talking about the standard of club football in Armagh being Shite, with one team winning everything. But the truth of the matter is there are a lot of good club teams in the county but just simply not good enough to beat Cross. I mean they have won All irelands and Ulsters in Recent times. so the other best clubs in Ireland have suffered defeat to the Armagh Champions. the club scene in Armagh is as competitve as there is, In Fact, Yesterdays Finalists Pearse Ogs, would put it up to the Ballinderrys, Mayobridges, and Errigal Ciarans, but Cross are above that again

If the clubs in Armagh are so good why don't they just beat Cross once...just once. Bellaghy, Errigal, Castleblaney and Loup have beaten them once, so why can't one of these great clubs in Armagh do it. The answer is in your head, deep down you believe you can't

Aghdavoyle

illdecide

Quote from: Aghdavoyle on October 02, 2007, 12:18:43 PM
Quote from: Maximus Marillius on October 02, 2007, 12:13:13 PM
If the clubs in Armagh are so good ...

they're not

Aghdavoyle i see we play you's men on sunday at 12:00, WTF i had the boots threw away into the shed thinking there was no more games. Kevin Brady was giving off about clubs in previous years not fulfilling fixtures so he said it won't happen any more :D :D

Well we'll see if Cross fulfill the rest of their fixtures and if Carrickcruppin get to play the rest of theirs. The threat of throwing them into division 4 will scare Cross alright ;) :D

P.S. whats with the 12:00 throw in's is there something on on Sunday
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

full back

It might be because the county are playing in the 'Bridge at 3.45 illdecide

diesel-smuggler

illdecide - carrickcruppen WILL fulfill all of our fixtures!

illdecide

Quote from: diesel-smuggler on October 02, 2007, 01:18:31 PM
illdecide - carrickcruppen WILL fulfill all of our fixtures!

i wasn't getting at any team there by the way, i'm just stating that will the county board carry out their threat to relegate Cross if they don't play the rest of their league games (5 still to play) I know Cross and particular Cruppin have had games called off with no fault of their own but we all know that that would not happen (relegated, so why make the threat)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

full back

When was this threat made illdecide?
Was it said officially or on the grapevine?

winsamsoon

Aghda, is this the same Dromintee team that only scored 2 points against the cross in a semi final of a county championship. Catch yourself on, if you think that cross are streets ahead and dromintee are a close second and then a massive gap then you are even more biased than i thought. I'll tell you this once again Cross are streets ahead, they have proved it more than 12 times. Dromintee are like all the other teams they have won nothing at all, never mind in the last 12 years so come down of the high horse. Thinking it is cross Dromintee then the rest. Judging on the last two years Dromintee would be a distant fourth because we were beaten finalists last year and the ogs this year. Cross are superior and the rest of the teams you could toss a coin between them at present. If the ogs were playing Dromintee in the morning i would say it would be a tight encounter. the ogs are every bit as capable in the ulster series as Dromintee or any team in Armagh. I believe that the ogs under performed in sundays final. I have watched them play and played against them and i know they are a better side than they showed on sunday. I think the occasion got to some of the lads a bit. I have also witnessed ogs teams and i am talking maybe 3-4 yeasr past, i  thought these teams could beat the cross and they were dumped out of the championship. Onion bag i never said they tired on sunday i said they were a tiring side. By this i meant that it is hard to keep a winning mentality going for so long but i guess if there is a team to do it then cross can. Once again i wish them all the best in the Ulster and All Ireland series.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.