Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

High Catch

Now that the County Championship is over, who are the players that have staked serious claims for the new Armagh panel of 30?

Onion Bag

I have seen 3 championship games this year involving Pearse Ogs. and ws very impressed by Shorty Clarke, and Gregory Loughran, James Lavery fro Maghery was another one who impressed me
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

dontcare

pints i now know what your talking about, hope this doesnt happen this time, can this person not be stopped at his little games,

so i suppose there will be reund the clock watches on the new pitches until next weeks big event,

You going, i hear some of your player have been asked to play along with the county team for sundays game with Louth, first game under new managment at your fields must feel good.

McLovin

As a cruppen man I am being biased but defo think Martin Ferris, Barry Loughran, James Hughes and Peter Loughran are well worth a trial with the county panel.

illdecide

Quote from: dontcare on October 01, 2007, 02:40:26 PM
pints i now know what your talking about, hope this doesnt happen this time, can this person not be stopped at his little games,

so i suppose there will be reund the clock watches on the new pitches until next weeks big event,

You going, i hear some of your player have been asked to play along with the county team for sundays game with Louth, first game under new managment at your fields must feel good.

Its a good job the peace process is in order!! there have been guys found on the Blaney road in a black bin bag for less. ;) ;) :D
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

full back

Another poor County Final, not that it will bother Cross in the least.
They showed yet again what a well oiled machine they are & even the sending-off didnt seem to affect them, it fact it seemd to spur them on.
What was Murtagh put in for? Is it a month or 3 month ban?
Mc Kenna was good yesterday as was Stephen & Aaron Kernan. Thought Oisin showed his class with 2 good scores towards the end

Smokin Joe

Any word on Ronan Clarke's injury?

Onion Bag

Here Here Full Back, You hit the nail on the head, ' a well oiled machine' people are talking about the standard of club football in Armagh being Shite, with one team winning everything. But the truth of the matter is there are a lot of good club teams in the county but just simply not good enough to beat Cross. I mean they have won All irelands and Ulsters in Recent times. so the other best clubs in Ireland have suffered defeat to the Armagh Champions. the club scene in Armagh is as competitve as there is, In Fact, Yesterdays Finalists Pearse Ogs, would put it up to the Ballinderrys, Mayobridges, and Errigal Ciarans, but Cross are above that again

Onion Bag

I heard it was his hamstring on the same leg as his Bad knee

winsamsoon

To be honest lads i don't think that cross team will go much further in the ulster. I hope i am wrong because i would love to see them winning another ulster and All Ireland but i just think they are tiring a little. They will beat the monaghan champs though in the next round.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

Onion Bag

At what stage of the game did you see them tiring, Coz as far as i could see, they were only getting started in the last 15 -20 mins of the game, I honestly can see them winning Ulster again and all ireland? well who knows

Louis the Red

QuoteIn Fact, Yesterdays Finalists Pearse Ogs, would put it up to the Ballinderrys, Mayobridges, and Errigal Ciarans, but Cross are above that again

Are you basing this on Ogs 1 point victory over Ballymacnab, 1 point victory over Maghery or yesterdays performance?  Or was it their first round exit the previous 3 years  ??? ???

Onion Bag

Quote from: Louis the Red on October 01, 2007, 04:41:38 PM
QuoteIn Fact, Yesterdays Finalists Pearse Ogs, would put it up to the Ballinderrys, Mayobridges, and Errigal Ciarans, but Cross are above that again

Are you basing this on Ogs 1 point victory over Ballymacnab, 1 point victory over Maghery or yesterdays performance?  Or was it their first round exit the previous 3 years  ??? ???

I was making referance to the fact that the standard of senior championship football in Armagh is as high as any other county, it is just that Cross are streets ahead of everyone else

corn02

Interesting point, I always wondered how Dromintee would have got on if we had beat Cross. And don't come back with "well they did beat you!" because I know that. I always figured we would fair reasonably well and not show ourselves up.  Guess it is impossible to figure out but the likes of ourselves Clans, Harps and Ogs would be decent in Ulster I believe.

Of course every County has its second and third team that would think the same. I get the point Onion is making. Cross winning 12 does defiently not mean the standard of Armagh football is the worst around.

The Iceman

maybe it would work to introduce some kind of back door system for county finalists?

I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight