Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dontcare

Quote from: pintsofguinness link=topic=769.msg17069
/quote

Hi pints see there has been a lot of work going on at your club this weekend, god it looks great, would love to see it at night with new lights on, i hear the opening is on next week is there a push on to get finished for it, will the social club be finished for it.
when you get the rise in the bank (so people can see better) in the old field sorted people can def not slate the bridge for a big match its a credit to you all,  oh i forgot you will need a multi story car park to keep everyone happy.  ::) ::) ::)

you do any vol work there as i hear everyone is doing something?

pintsofguinness

Quote from: dontcare on September 30, 2007, 10:53:09 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness link=topic=769.msg17069
/quote

Hi pints see there has been a lot of work gpong on at your club this weekend, god it looks great, would love to see it at night with new lights on, i hear the opening is on next week is there a push on to get finished for it, will the social club be finished for it.
when you get the rise in the bank (so people can see better) in the old field sorted people can def not slate the bridge for a big match its a credit to you all,  oh i forgot you will need a multi story car park to keep everyone happy.  ::) ::) ::)

you do any vol work there as i hear everyone is doing something?
No I can't claim any credit for any of it dontcare, don't be home a lot now, don't even know if I'll make the opening *cries*. 
It's looks fantastic and as you say I cant wait to see it in lights, it's great to see the fields and resource centre regularly packed with kids too.   Push on to get it finished though I've no doubt we'll make it, not sure about the club though. 
I just hope next sunday goes off without a saturday night/early sunday morning incident! similar to what we've had in the past!!!   >:(
Oh and if people want, they'll find a way to slate you.

For everyone else...Next sunday, opening of the fields
11.30am Silverbridge Senior Ladies V Clady
12.30pm Silverbridge Senior Men V Maghery
2.30 pm  Opening Ceremony - performed by Nicky Brennan
3.45pm   Armagh V Louth (Ref: Pat McEneaney)
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

dontcare

what happens on sat nights sunday morning pints?/

dontcare

Quote from: pintsofguinness on September 30, 2007, 11:27:41 PM
?

ahhhh, dont start something and not finish it,

pintsofguinness

I'm just afraid that we'll have a middle of the night call!  That fence around the fields was knocked...twice I think (if not three times).  One of the times an attempt to damage our property resulted in a water main being burst and the whole surrounding area went without water the whole  day.
I'm sure you know about the incidents leading up to the Saw doctors concert?

Smokin Joe

Quote from: pintsofguinness on September 30, 2007, 11:35:48 PM
I'm just afraid that we'll have a middle of the night call!  That fence around the fields was knocked...twice I think (if not three times).  One of the times an attempt to damage our property resulted in a water main being burst and the whole surrounding area went without water the whole  day.

POG - what happened for the Saw Doctors concert?

Who do you think are the likely culprits?  Are they from "the other side"?

Onion Bag

Any league result from the weekend?  :)
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

brokencrossbar1

Didn't see the game as we were out playing in the championship down here (lost again, oh how times have changed :()  Fantastic result, with a point scored for every year for good measure. ;)  Didn't see the sending off but my reports have told me it was stupid and he deserved to go.  Uncle Donal not a happy man over it I'd say.

I am sure that some bookies were laughing as a lot of punters thought that Ogs would have been closer. 

As for the post here about having two teams in Cross, why????  It is up to anyone to set up a club, if they feel they are not happy then they can do it.  I doubt if there are too many unhappy footballers or fans in Cross these days.

With Ballinderry out, it leaves a wide open Ulster Championship.  I am sure the Loneshark will have Cross as short odds favourites, but Bellaghy will be a tough propositon for any team.

QuoteWho do you think are the likely culprits?  Are they from "the other side"?

Smokin Joe, I hope you are not suggesting "whispers" Cullyhanna?

Maximus Marillius

For Crossmaglen to have won 12 titles in a row is an achievement. We will wait a very long time before it is repeated, but it begs the question....is there not another club team in Armagh with balls at all. We have played a few clubs in challenge matches from armagh and in these games they have proved to be decent opposition, so it is clear to me that in their heads they are beaten before it even starts. The net result is that Cross can expecta few titles.

umgolaarmagh

i only seen the first half of the match because we had a game at 5:00pm, i thought it was there for there for the taking at halftime but the two kernans. aaron and steven got too much room in the 30mins that he is a top class footballer and an assure playmaker

good luck to Cross in Ulster and all -ireland series

it was good to see my old buddy stevy clakrke pick up another medal, he does a tremendous amount of work yet is unregocnised for it

fair play stevy, Cross for Ulster

Onion Bag

Another disappointing county final, The Ogs showed cross too much respect and gave them too much time on the ball, I thought that after J Murtagh was sent off that the Ogs would raise it but it was cross who took it by the scruff off the neck and romped home, and quite comfortable as well.
Anyone get any league reults from the varoius divisions?
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

illdecide

Quote from: Maximus Marillius on October 01, 2007, 09:31:57 AM
For Crossmaglen to have won 12 titles in a row is an achievement. We will wait a very long time before it is repeated, but it begs the question....is there not another club team in Armagh with balls at all. We have played a few clubs in challenge matches from armagh and in these games they have proved to be decent opposition, so it is clear to me that in their heads they are beaten before it even starts. The net result is that Cross can expecta few titles.

Well Maximus you are dead right, we have played you's lads several times and played well against yous. We have beaten Dungiven easily and played very well against Ballinderry etc etc but when it comes to the championship in Armagh there are to many guys on our team don't have the fight in them for the battle or as you'd put it "don't have the balls". and judging by winning 12 titles in a row the rest of Armagh is the same.

P.S. could someone get the current league tables as i believe St Peters won on sat which will make the relegation battle interesting in the second division.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

High Catch

ARMAGH CLUB RESULTS FOR W/E SUNDAY 30 SEPTEMBER 2007

Saturday 29 September

ACL – Div. II
Granemore 0-17; Keady 0-7
St Michael's 1-13; Carrickcruppen 0-15
Clann Eireann v Killeavey (Off)

ACL – Div. III
Crossmaglen II 0-15; St Paul's 1-3
Sarsfields 1-12; Middletown 0-9
Clady 0-7; Madden 1-12
Collegeland v An Port Mor (Off)

ACL – Div. IV
Derrynoose 1-13; Shane O'Neill's 1-4

Sunday 30 September

Armagh Senior Football Championship Final
Crossmaglen 0-12; Pearse Og 0-6

Armagh Minor Football Championship Final
Granemore 1-5; St Patrick's 1-5

ACL – Div. II
Annaghmore 1-5; St Peter's 0-9

ACL – Div. IV
Belleek 3-9; Forkhill 0-6

ACL TABLES

Division I
P W D L Pts
Crossmaglen 13 12 0 1 24
Pearse Og 14 9 1 4 19
Dromintee 13 8 1 4 17
Clan na Gael 16 7 3 6 17
Maghery 14 7 2 5 16
Harps 16 7 2 6 16
Mullaghbawn 17 7 2 8 16
Whitecross 16 6 0 10 12
Culloville 15 4 2 9 10
Tir na nÓg 16 1 1 14 3

Division II
P W D L Pts
St Patrick's 17 16 0 1 32
Killeavey 18 14 1 3 29
St Michael's 18 12 3 3 27
Silverbridge 18 11 1 6 23
Carrickcruppen 15 11 0 4 22
Granemore 18 7 1 9 17
Ballymacnab 18 8 0 10 16
Clann Eireann 16 7 0 9 14
Keady 18 5 1 12 11
St Peter's 20 4 1 14 9
Wolfe Tones 18 3 2 13 8
Annaghmore 18 2 0 16 4

Division III
P W D L Pts
Sarsfields 19 17 0 2 34
Madden 19 15 0 4 30
An Port Mor 18 14 1 3 29
Collegeland 18 13 1 4 27
Lissummon 18 8 2 8 18
Ballyhegan 18 7 1 10 15
Tullysaran 18 6 3 9 15
St Paul's 18 6 2 10 14
Clonmore 19 6 1 12 13
Crossmaglen II 18 5 1 12 11
Middletown 15 3 0 12 6
Clady 18 1 2 15 4

Division IV
P W D L Pts
Belleek 17 15 0 2 30
Grange 16 12 1 3 25
Derrynoose 17 11 2 4 24
Eire Og 16 10 0 6 20
Shane O'Neill's 16 9 2 5 20
Forkhill 18 9 1 8 19
Mullaghbrack 17 8 1 8 17
Dorsey Emmett's 17 7 2 8 16
O'Hanlon's 16 4 2 10 10
Corrinshego 18 2 1 15 5
Phelim Brady's 18 0 0 18 0

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Smokin Joe on October 01, 2007, 06:23:47 AM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on September 30, 2007, 11:35:48 PM

POG - what happened for the Saw Doctors concert?
javascript:void(0);
Who do you think are the likely culprits?  Are they from "the other side"?
Joe we know who the culprit is, the local lunatic.
The same man that tried to intimidate the owner of the fields (where our new ones are) to not sell to us.
Same man that on the morning of the Concert he sprayed slurry all around the roads, damaged cars and knocked down one of our members when he was blocked in.
Reported us to the DOE for having the fields out on the road.
Tried to block planning permission, only a few weeks ago, for the floodlights. 

The same boy reported his neighbour for painting the lines on the road orange and white.

He also decided to build a new house a few years ago and built the new one around the old one - it hasn't been finished and if you go past the club, as if you're heading for Dundalk take a right turn and go up that road you'll see a house inside a house  :D
Legend has it that brickies would get so far and arrive the next morning to find the said indivdual had drew circles around particular bricks and demand they be removed from the wall because he didn't like the look of them  :D  :D  :D

You got to hand it to the 'bridge, we do village idiots in style!

at the dromintee cross game (second one) some smart arse opened one of his fields and waved cars in to park in it  :D
He responded with a piece in the local paper about the intimidation he was being subject too.

All this is because his great great great grandfather, 300 years ago had a "cow pad" at the top of our new fields.   ::)

All joking aside, I have a very real fear that it will end very badly, he's a headcase!