Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

el_cuervo_fc

Quote from: illdecide on September 26, 2007, 08:41:16 AM
That documentary about Cross in on TV3 tomorrow night at 10:00pm as well, seen it advertised in the Irish News there. I'm looking forward to the final on Sunday, i think it will be a good game.

It will hopefully be a good game and I dont think its gonna be the walk over that the bookies are predicting. 

SimpleSimon

Spirit or any of the rest of you's hurling men. Did you's venture to the county hurling final last saturday? What did you's think of it?

Regarding the county football final, I think it will be far from a walk in the park for Cross and think it will be a game that could go either way should the Ogs play to their potential.

illdecide

Quote from: el_cuervo_fc on September 26, 2007, 08:46:53 AM
Quote from: illdecide on September 26, 2007, 08:41:16 AM
That documentary about Cross in on TV3 tomorrow night at 10:00pm as well, seen it advertised in the Irish News there. I'm looking forward to the final on Sunday, i think it will be a good game.

It will hopefully be a good game and I dont think its gonna be the walk over that the bookies are predicting. 

for whats it's worth neither do i, this one could go to the wire.

For me the Og's have 3 or 4 quality defenders with pace, hughes will battle away all day in midfield and up front Duffy and Co can cause problems for any team. It's just getting them to play together on the day
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

SouthArmaghBandit

I hope you're right but I just can't see past Cross. If they are a head near the end they will close it out. They know how to win the big matches. If they are behind by a couple they know how to force their opponents into mistakes. I can only see a Cross win but I hope & pray I'm wrong.

Onion Bag

Who is the biggest club rivals in Armagh? 
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

Uladh

i think the ogs could give cross dificulties at the back. the have quite a few scoring options and if RC can contribute anythin like his best form he could cause a wreck at full forward. cross' full back line is very suspect without francie and for that reason i can't see them winning ulster this year.

hughes will battle away and give ogs parity in the middle but i really don't see the ogs holding cross in defence. in my mind, mallon is their only quaiity defender and he can only mark one at a time.

any truth in the rumour that donnelly might feature?

full back

I though RC was playing around the middle for the Og's?

winsamsoon

I think young mc coy is a decent enough defender on his day. He is like mallon in many respects he has a lot of pace and can get out in front most times he is also tanacious. He may lack in the height catagory but i can't imagine this being a problem if he is on mc namee for example. I think the ogs have a solid enough defense to cope with the cross style of play. mallon will almost certainly track oisin. If Mc conville can be successfully halted then Ogs are in with a good shout. As regardes the post on the greatest rivalry. You are talking Clans Cross or Og harps but there are many more like Clans and the peters ands i am sure Cullyhanna and silverbridge,  but it is impossible to say which one carries the most importance as they all have a healthy role to play in the county.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

Hank Everlast

i think donnelly is available to play but very unlikely that he will... and if R clarke is on it will probably be around the middle of the field.

bennydorano

How is JP available to play, he still isn't transferred AFAIK ???

I expect the Ogs to run Cross very close, earlier in the year I had said they were the only team capable of beating them, but then they hit an awful run of form with horror shows against us in the league and the Nab and to a lesser extent Maghery.  Ogs are pretty strong allround, excellent tight defence, Gerard McCoy had been fantastic anytime I've seen him this year and could get a county call up with his current form.  Kieran Hughes needs a partner in MF, up front they beat MAghery without JJ Clarke and with Ronan at quarter pace for his 20mins, shorty Clarke was outstanding as was Gregory Loughran.  With Paul Grimley in training them this past fortnight, they'll not want for anything tactically or mentally.  The Og's defintely have a very strong chance and if they're +6 in the handicap they'd be worth a hefty bet.

Onion Bag

I think the Ogs will give have a dam good go at cross, They have been in their shadow this past years. Plus They are due a big performance, They struggled past Ballymacnab and Maghery, so they are long due  a good all round team performance. having been at those 2 games mentioned. there were a number of good individual perfomances. e.g G Loughran and Shorty Clarke, but to beat cross they are going to have to play well as a team 1 to 15,
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

Uladh

how did donnelly manage to get the transfer through given that harps opposed it?

mallon tracking mcconville would be a waste. oisin contributes very little these days from play and avoiding frees is the best way to nullify his usual heavy scoring.

has clarke been comingon round the middle? edge of the square is the best spot for him on sunday.

on the club rivalries, most of the traditional ones arewell off the boil. i'm sure ogs - harps and the bridge - cullyhanna would probably be the two now given they are competing on even footings.

BenDover

Against the Nab RC came on in FF likewise against Maghery but I think he was moved out round the middle in the closing stages.

I think the Ogs boys have realised that they didn't play to well against either the Nab or Maghery and will no doubt be looking to give everything they've got on Sunday. It'll take from 1-20 to be on top form to beat Cross like its already been said here Cross have a knack of grinding out close encounters and I expect this game to be very close.

Anyone else feel McConville could be easily wound up about his gambling antics?

full back

Quote from: BenDover on September 26, 2007, 12:51:14 PM
Anyone else feel McConville could be easily wound up about his gambling antics?

It wouldnt be the first time someone has tried to wind him up & not too many have been successful thus far

BenDover

I'll agree with you there fullback but alls it takes it the littlest thing to hit a nerve